Profile for L. Parker > Reviews

Content by L. Parker

L. Parker "Ukin' for the UK" (Los Angeles, CA USA)

Hamlet [DVD] [2009]
Hamlet [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ David Tennant
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

5.0 out of 5 stars A NEW Great Hamlet!, 13 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Hamlet [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I saw this as a fan of David Tennant and a lover of all things Shakespeare, and I loved every minute! In addition to David Tennant bringing an exciting new reading of the title character -- adding humor where I'd never seen it and new interpretations of lines which have become practically stale with repitition, I loved Oliver Ford Davies' Polonius. It was an entirely different Polonius, and it was like all of the sudden he made sense, which was surprising and refreshing! And it was very well shot on location, so didn't feel at all like a filmed stage production. If you like Hamlet or David Tennant or both, see this!!

The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD]
The Inbetweeners: Series 1 And 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Bird
Offered by BLT-Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new show out of the UK!!, 17 Sept. 2009
I'd consider myself something of an expert (at least a stateside expert) on UK TV, and The Inbetweeners blew me away. It's totally a teenage Peep Show (another UK Classics), and every episode had me rolling in the aisles or stopped in that awkward uncomfortablness that I just love! The writing is great and these boys give incredible performances. I would highly recommend this if you're a fan of Peep Show, Skins, or The IT Crowd.