Profile for Lauren Doughton > Reviews

LG 55UH770V 55 inch Super Ultra HD 4K Smart TV webOS (2016 Model) - Silver
LG 55UH770V 55 inch Super Ultra HD 4K Smart TV webOS (2016 Model) - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous TV, 26 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wowee - this is a beautiful beast of a TV.

Sleek and smart looking, with a crystal clear screen and some superb features, including built in apps for streaming services, browser, and 'home screen' customisation for peripheral acessories.

We use ours with a Sony Soundbar, and Playstation for Blu-Ray & gaming. We do not watch live TV, but we do stream via netflix. The streaming speed via the TV has been great, despite our sometimes wobbly internet connection, and the sound via the TV is brilliant, boosted by our soundbar. We have had some niggles with an echoing lag between tv and soundbar when using streaming services (not an issue with bluray) - but this was easily fixed using the sets audio adjustment features.

Quite a few reviewers have mentioned the backlights in 'local dimming' mode. Yes, you can see the strips light up (most noticeable for example when moving the smart remote across a dark loading screen such as the one used in netflix). Thus far, I have not seen it while watching anything. It's only really visible when the movement between panels is very slow. BUT - you can turn it off anyway, so why worry too much? If it bugs you, it is fixable - I would certainly not call this a fault, it's just the nature of the technology used.

I LOVE the smart remote - makes typing in search bars for online content so much easier. It's a nice tactile remote too.
My only weeny grumble? If the stand were a few mm higher I could sit my soundbar below the TV and still see the on/off indicator light. As it is I can't, which means that to use the power button on the remote I have to stand up and angle it down. Once its on this isn't an issue as the smart remote doesn't seem to need line of sight for anything other than off/on. Of course, I could just pull my soundbar a bit further forward and this wouldn't be a problem, I just like how it looks tucked up close, so I can't really call that a fault of the TV!

AmazonBasics Microfiber Fitted Sheet, Grey Stripe 135 x 190 x 30 cm
AmazonBasics Microfiber Fitted Sheet, Grey Stripe 135 x 190 x 30 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels nice, but will it last?, 26 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's very silky and soft, but I've had other amazon 'basics' sheets through this reviewing scheme before, which were equally tactile, but which literally fell to shreds after a few washes (not to mention turning my matress pink, but this one isn't going to do that at least).

It looks smart, and feels lovely, but my worry is it wont be hard wearing enough to last any length of time.

Also - why size in cm? Why not single/double??

Hasbro Cranium Dark Game
Hasbro Cranium Dark Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, yes - 'Dark' and adult? Not really!, 26 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Hasbro Cranium Dark Game (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ok - so I expected with the name 'Cranium Dark' to perhaps get a more adult oreintated version of the existing Cranium game. I suppose it is, if you count 'acting like a zombie' as adult (???) - but I'm not sure if I do.

Besides that it's a great, fun party game. You pick an action card and a cranium card, and then follow the instructions!

You get a pad, timer, cards, pencil and clay in the pack.

It's Cranium - which is generally a pretty solid and fun, if simple, party game, so it's hard not to like it, but if you've already got other versions of the game then I can't see that this brings much to the party (unless you've played it so much you need more cards to keep it going).

Shires High Vis Leg Bands For front or hind legs Pink
Shires High Vis Leg Bands For front or hind legs Pink
Offered by Kate's Equestrian Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, reasonably priced and highly visible, 26 Aug. 2016
Fab - fit and stay on (and up!) very well. Look smart, easy to spot, and don't break the bank. Just what I needed.

Just Togs Classic Tall Leather Riding Boot - Black, 5 UK
Just Togs Classic Tall Leather Riding Boot - Black, 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Boots for shorties!, 26 Aug. 2016
AT LAST. After trying many, many, many pairs I've found a smart boot which fits my short legs and doesn't break the bank. Keeping these for 'best' as I love my slouchy yard boots for everyday usage, but these are perfect for when we need to smarten up for events. Fab!

Shires Equestrian Ladies Short Sleeve Stock Shirt White Medium
Shires Equestrian Ladies Short Sleeve Stock Shirt White Medium
Offered by Goldstar Leisure Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart, but sizes large, 26 Aug. 2016
A very smart shirt, but quite baggy. Fit bigger than I would expect.

TensCare Ova Plus Period Pain Reliever
TensCare Ova Plus Period Pain Reliever

5.0 out of 5 stars A godsend!, 26 Aug. 2016
This thing has been such a lifesaver. I suffer from endometriosis, and get crippling cramps, but find that the amount of NSAIDs I need to take to get my pain under control makes my stomach really sore (plus they never last long enough!). Previously I have relied on heated pads to ease pain and help me settle, particularly at night, but this has been brilliant. My pain is almost always worst at night, and now I just stick the pads on before bed, and plug myself in as and when required. I've figured out which settings work fastest for me, and have found that a very short period of usage significantly reduces, if not completely alleviates my cramps for several hours.

My only gripe would be that the plastic clip that holds the case is a bit flimsy, and my device has slipped out once or twice. Also, my husband complains about the 'clicky clicky' noise of me adjusting the strength level buttons at night, but I'd take that over nausea and being unable to sleep due to pain any day!

Equisafety Adjustable Neck Band Reflective Breast Plate - High Viz Pink, One Size
Offered by BuyAllMeans

2.0 out of 5 stars Falls apart quickly, 26 Aug. 2016
Hmm - this is not the product shown in the image. What you get is a plasticy band which sits round the horses neck, rather than a hunting breastplate style setup with webbing connectors which the main photo shows (although the 'colour' product images are accurate). A bit cheap and nasty really. It's highly visible, but mine has already cracked and is starting to peel away after only a month or so of use, and I would imagine for sensitive horses the rough nature of the material would probably irritate. Probably worth spending a bit more and getting better value if you're going to use regularly to be honest.

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Tin (Star Wars Construction Books)
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Tin (Star Wars Construction Books)
by LucasFilm

5.0 out of 5 stars A great kit to entertain., 26 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A fabulous present for the a young star-wars fan. Contains a kit to make a walker, an activity book, and a storybook. Hours of entertainment, all packed into a cool looking tin (which can be used to store other goodies once you've finished with the set).

Lovely production quality, plenty of life in it (and enough to tax the brain and keep the kids quiet!) - plus it's star wars, which always goes down well with certain young men in our family! Fab!

AmazonBasics Nylon Braided USB A to Lightning Compatible Cable - Apple MFi Certified - Rose Gold (6 Feet/1.8 Meter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality cable., 20 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really great long flex cable, in a beautiful colour. I have had repeated trouble with the rubber splitting on charging cables before, so the woven flex on this is a welcome feature. Charges well, and looks great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20