Profile for Burtnick > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sacred Ground
Sacred Ground

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to their very best, 15 July 2016
This review is from: Sacred Ground (MP3 Download)
I have been a huge Dare fan since the majestic Out of the Silence appeared quite a while ago and that album still remains in my all time top 10 cds. Dare have changed their sound over the years as their output became more sporadic, releasing a new album every four or five years. Their second cd Blood From a Stone had a distinctly heavier edge and to be honest they didn't seem comfortable with a heavier sound even though it was a good album. Subsequent albums seemed more introspective and reflective and generally much softer with quite liberal Celtic over tones. Whilst there were always good songs on each release I felt the overtly softer approach made Dare more one dimensional. Since the return of Vinny Burns I'm glad to say that the more traditional Dare sound has returned and he has undoubtedly injected a little gentle fire into proceedings. As a result this album is one of their best and I only hope we don't have to wait so long for a follow up!

OAKLEY Men 9013 Sunglasses, polished clear
OAKLEY Men 9013 Sunglasses, polished clear
Offered by OTTICA DIOPTER DI MASINI

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but different lens cour needed, 12 Jun. 2016
Really comfortable and excellent sun protection although I wish the lenses were blue instead of violet as they are slightly effeminate and come in a pink cloth case too!

Dunhill D by Dunhill Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
Dunhill D by Dunhill Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
Offered by Perfume-Click

1.0 out of 5 stars It is very little smell and that smell is nothing like the original and it dissipates within ten minutes, 17 April 2016
I have serious doubts if this is indeed a genuine product. It has long since been discontinued and I have stockpiled bottles from previous years as it is a lovely fragrance. This fragrance that I received from this seller has nothing to do with the original fragrance. It is very little smell and that smell is nothing like the original and it dissipates within ten minutes. This is supposed to be EDT. I want to take this to Trading standards.

The Broken
The Broken

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing!, 7 April 2016
This review is from: The Broken (MP3 Download)
I have been a huge Three Doors Down fan for a number of years but I have found their output since the seminal 17 Days patchy at best. Yet again, there are some good songs here, but yet again they aren't particularly memorable which is disappointing considering I have waited for quite a while for a new album!

Witness (Stripped)
Witness (Stripped)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb as always, 7 April 2016
This review is from: Witness (Stripped) (MP3 Download)
Yet another superb Daughtry song, even better stripped back. I just wish he would release a whole album of stripped back music as Waiting for Superman stripped back is unbelievably good but seems to be unavailable.

Art Naturals Enhanced Retinol Serum 2.5% With %20 Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Acid 1oz, Best Anti Wrinkle, Anti Aging Serum for Face & Sensitive Skin -Clinical Strength Organic Ingredients -Night Therapy
Offered by Art Naturals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingly good., 7 April 2016
I'm a man who isn't really into the whole beauty regime thing but I am taking medication currently that has made parts of my skin, particularly on my forehead and under my eyes somewhat dry. My lovely wife to be suggested I start using a moisturiser so I read a number of reviews and decided to try several different ones, particularly Nivea, Loreal and Dove. All moisturised but I found all, particularly the Loreal seemed to make my face feel rather warm after application as if they were blocking the pores. I therefore decided to buy this alternative after reading the reviews on Amazon. I don't know what others think and as already stated, I'm not someone who uses a lot of facial products, but this is unbelievably good. My skin has improved beyond all recognition. As a middle a man approaching middle age, I didn't think I would be writing such a review but I am a convert. My wife to be has also started using it and she has tried many products. I would give this six stars if I could. The only downside is that the price seems to have doubled since my purchase.

Festina Men's Chrono Watch F16489/1 With Leather Strap
Festina Men's Chrono Watch F16489/1 With Leather Strap

1.0 out of 5 stars Style over substance!, 5 April 2016
I feel, I am very qualified to write a review of this Festina watch as I love my watches and own ten Festina watches. Unfortunately, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that these watches are indeed more style over substance. They do indeed look good and look very expensive, far more so than their cost price but of all my watches, Festina are the ones that have caused me most problems. I always look after my watches and my job doesn't involve hard manual labour where they could become damaged, and with a large collection of watches, I rotate which watches I wear with great regularity. unfortunately the backs fell off two previous. Festina's and as I bough them through Amazon and had both for over a year (even though both were born less than a dozen times) I couldn't return them for repair. this particular watch is / was the worst of the bunch. It started and stopped several times during the day it arrived but then, when I wanted to pull the crown out to adjust the date, the crown came off in my hand. Shockingly poor workmanship. I returned the watch for a refund almost immediately!

Stripped
Stripped

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly compelling, 25 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Stripped (MP3 Download)
This man is unbelievably talented and it beggars belief how he is not being played on every radio station everywhere. Beautifully crafted, sometime melancholic but utterly brilliant and compelling. Although I own all the Dishwalla albums this adds a new twist and stripped back it shows that J.R possesses more talent in his little finger than many contemporary artists do in their entire bodies. Buy buy buy!

The Elegance Machine
The Elegance Machine

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent hard working AOR, 17 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Elegance Machine (Audio CD)
I found this album very difficult to review. I own quite a substantial musical collection covering most bases but overtly leaning towards AOR and melodic rock. I have heard snippets of various Newman songs throughout the last few years and read the reviews in such online zines as Melodic rock.com. I decided to actually purchase this album on the strength of the reviews on both Amazon and elsewhere.
I have had this about a week now, so feel I have become acquainted enough with the music to now write an informed review. The music on this album is pretty straightforward AOR with melodic rock leanings. The material is well played and Steve's lyrics are more thought provoking that many of his contemporaries which is a good thing. The reason I have found this difficult to review is the fact that it is probably a self financed effort and is obviously a work of love and to be honest the production is good considering it was produced with a limited budget but... The elephant in the room for me at least, are the vocals. Steve Newman isn't a bad vocalist by any means and his voice fits the harder songs on the album reasonably well, it's just that for, he has a very limited range and I feel this limited range can let the album down at times. This for me is the elephant in the room. This, as I have said, is well played AOR, with decent lyrics and decent production but, being objective, I feel if Steve did everything he does and also employs a singer with greater range this would have been for me a four star album. What he does needs to be celebrated but if I'm honest I doubt I will return to this album many times in the future. I feel I would with a stronger singer.

TERRE DE HERMES EAU TRES FRAICHE Eau de Toilette spray 125ml
TERRE DE HERMES EAU TRES FRAICHE Eau de Toilette spray 125ml

3.0 out of 5 stars I am a little disappointed. I owned the original but found it far ..., 5 Sept. 2015
I read the reviews on here and on fragrance forums before purchase. I have to be honest, I am a little disappointed. I owned the original but found it far too over powering even with an attempted minimal application. I thought this would be a lighter version! To me, all this is, is the original without the longevity, projection or silage, indeed on me it becomes just a skin scent within an hour. The initial spray is exactly the same as the original Terres but it disappears quickly. A bit of a disappointment for me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4