Profile for Sylvia-head-in-a-book > Reviews

Typewriter Art: A Modern Anthology
by Barrie Tullett
Price: 16.56

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating and beautifully presented book, 1 Jan. 2015
I received this fascinating book as a Christmas present from my nephew, who knew of my interest in all things related to the "old" technology involving typewriters (I learnt to type on a big black cast iron manual typewriter all those years ago!). The book is beautiful - full of exquisite illustrations and interesting information. I'm looking forward to really getting down to study it in detail at my leisure now that things have quietened down after all the festivities. A well-chosen and much appreciated present from my cherished nephew and highly recommended to anyone interested in the visual arts and bygone artefacts.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2015 7:25 PM GMT

MarkStore(TM) Black Hard EVA Carry Travel ShockProof Case Protective Skin Handle Bag For Bose Soundlink Color Bluetooth Mobile Wireless Speaker with Power Adaptor
Offered by Markstore
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, sturdy case - carry with confidence, 1 Jan. 2015
Another very satisfied customer! Well made case in which to carry my lovely new Bose SoundLink Colour bluetooth speaker in complete safety. The speaker fits the case very precisely, together with the charging cable, as depicted in the photo. Worth every penny and a great accessory for a superb little speaker. Highly recommended.

Bose  SoundLink Colour Bluetooth Speaker - Red
Bose SoundLink Colour Bluetooth Speaker - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant little speaker - perfect ........, 22 Dec. 2014
Bought this fabulous little Bose bluetooth speaker as a present for myself so I could easily access all my (200+) MP3 albums anywhere through a proper speaker as an alternative to earbuds. I am absolutely bowled over by the superb sound quality coming from such a stylish and compact gadget! I know Bose means quality as I already have the Bose Wave Music System III in the house, but honestly I think this tiny gadget is even better sound quality. I have only just set it up, and have listened to the super deluxe version of Sting's The Last Ship and am now listening to Eric Clapton Unplugged, and they both sound brilliant. I got the speaker in red and it looks gorgeous. Cannot praise it highly enough. The Amazon price at the moment is good so if you want a compact speaker to carry everywhere with you which feels solid to handle and gives excellent sound quality don't hesitate - treat yourself or someone else you love. You won't be disappointed I'm sure.

Jigsaw Puzzles: Animals
Jigsaw Puzzles: Animals
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jigsaw app - nice to be able to choose ..., 24 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Jigsaw Puzzles: Animals (App)
Great jigsaw app - nice to be able to choose various options to customise that little bit. Pictures are cute and interesting but not too gimmicy. Puzzles not too demanding, but ideal to play with to fill in a few minutes and take your mind off things during fleeting spare moments. Recommend this app - works well on my Kindle Fire HD as well as Galaxy S5. Very satisfied.

Plemo 11-11.6 Inch Bohemian Style Laptop Sleeve Case Bag for 11.6-Inch MacBook Air / Laptops / Notebook
Offered by PLEMO UK
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover - must be one of the best on the market!, 17 Oct. 2014
I am in full agreement with the other reviewers who have been impressed with these laptop/netbook/tablet cases. The quality is brilliant and the attention to detail in the manufacture is impeccable. The fabric is superb quality inside and outside, as is the nice chunky zip, with pull tags which are strong and easy in the fingers. Cannot fault the product - I'm so glad I found it in the midst of so many choices. Buy with confidence - highly recommended. (I bought the leopard print case as well as I couldn't decide which I liked best, and am equally impressed with that one too, so will be keeping that one as well, so I can have a change every so often.)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Super case for iPad Mini 2 - that little bit different !, 24 Jun. 2014
I received this case very quickly, very well and safely packaged. It fits my shiny new iPad Mini 2 to perfection and looks great. I like the vintage postcard look and the quality and finish are excellent. The back cover is shaped to clip the iPad Mini into and holds it very securely, and also has the bi-fold facility to prop the iPad on it's side to watch videos and iPlayer programmes, which works very well. I liked the images available in the full range, so much so that I bought the vintage Paris postcard one and also the London Tower Bridge one (I like to ring the changes quite often and for this price it won't break the bank). I'm so glad I found these cases as they make a welcome change from plain coloured ones which I've had in the past. I recommend them to anyone who wants something a bit different from the norm - I'm sure they won't disappoint.

Apple iPad MINI Retina WI-FI 128GB 128 GB 1024 MB 7.9 -inch LCD
Apple iPad MINI Retina WI-FI 128GB 128 GB 1024 MB 7.9 -inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad Mini - what a wonderful gadget!, 16 Jun. 2014
I finally took the plunge with the iPad Mini having purchased an iPad4 last year and fell in love with it immediately. When I saw this iPad Mini with Retina Display from this seller at a good price (does this indicate a new model launch soon - maybe, but the price was attractive nonetheless!) I couldn't resist. The seller processed the transaction quickly, and it was delivered at the earliest date estimated, by courier very securely, much to my delight. The iPad Mini meets all my high expectations 100%, as did the seller, and I'm busy now playing with it to my heart's content - thanks to the 76% charge already on the gadget. All told, a smooth and hassle-free purchasing experience, for which many thanks.

Jisoncase Premium Leather Cases&Covers For Apple iPad4 3 2 Smart Case Cover With Auto Awake &Sleep Function Include+ Magnetic Design+for Apple+Holder/Holster/Shield New iPad 2 3 4+3Segment Fold Stand Design-Size: 9.75 x 7.61 x 0.98cm Purple Color JS-IPD-06H50 Black Friday Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality cover to grace the iPad4, 16 April 2014
This is my third Jisoncase for my iPad4 (I indulge myself and like to ring the changes according to my mood!) and once again I am delighted with this one. Although not really genuine leather but rather leatherette, the quality is excellent and feels very much like the real thing, and the colour is gorgeous. Not quite as vivid a purple as in the photo, a bit softer, but all the better for that in my view. As you would expect with Jisoncase, it fits the iPad4 brilliantly, and all the features work well. Highly recommend this case to anyone looking for a quality accessory for their beloved iPad. Buy with confidence.

The Musketeers - Series 1 [DVD] [2014]
The Musketeers - Series 1 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Luke Pasqualino
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 9.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant New BBC drama, 23 Feb. 2014
I'm really enjoying this magnificent New BBC dramatisation of one of my all-time favourite classic novels. Can't wait to get my hands on the DVD when it's released to watch all over again. However, I can't agree with an earlier reviewer who took exception to the "PC casting " of the character of Porthos by the BBC. Alexandre Dumas's father was himself of mixed race, being the natural son of a French aristocrat and a black slave girl from St. Domingo, and the description of Porthos in the book shows him to be of "olive complexion", so I would say it was inspired casting from the BBC! All told, each character is brilliantly portrayed with dash and verve. I hope there will be another series to follow next year!

Claude Michelet Trilogy - 3 books - numbers 1, 2, 3 20.97 (Firelight and Woodsmoke / Applewood / Scent of Herbs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Life in rural France throughout the 20th century, 30 Jan. 2014
I bought the three books in this family saga in paperback in 1996 or thereabouts, on a whim, as I have always enjoyed family sagas, and books set in France. I started reading them and was immediately drawn into the story and read all three books in succession and was captivated from the very beginning. The story across all three books has stayed in the recesses of my brain all this time, so much so that I recently dug them out from bookcase and started re-reading them to see if they stood the test of time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3