Profile for Mr. Philp Robinson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Philp Robinson

Mr. Philp Robinson "wellsy" (preston, england)

Vapor Trails (Remixed)
Vapor Trails (Remixed)
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Vapor Trails (Remixed) (Audio CD)
I suppose it travelled a long way..I'd more or less given up hope of seeing this after nearly a month from order to delivery...I know we're supposed to allow up to 28 days etc etc but I've never actually waited more than a week or so in my years of Amazonning. So when this little beauty arrived it was like Christmas had come again, in its newly redesigned mini-gatefold style card sleeve looking good and tempting me to rip off the cellophane and stick it in the CD player immediately and without ceremony. What a revelation!....as promised the production is clear and assertive and the murkiness of the original VT album is gone. One Little Victory batters your ears from Neil's thrilling opening blast, as it always has, but there is something fresher and more direct, more visceral and muscular than we have heard previously. I won't go through every song, but one over arching comment is that I actually now feel like I know every song on this reborn masterpiece. Previously,despite having listened to it quite a lot, I would have struggled to identify many of the songs on here if pressed due to a slightly muggy and samey quality, the remixed version has woken up the album and given each track it's powerful identity back. To all intents and purposes, a new Rush album, which is always cause for celebration. Essential!

Come on Feel
Come on Feel
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars come on feel the music, 25 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Come on Feel (Audio CD)
I love this album - it takes me back to the early 90's when influx of noisy american college bands (I'm deliberately avoiding the G word) sounded really exciting and knocked spots of their pasty faced shoegazing british contemporaries...More melodic and quirky than "..Ray, with a definite country feel in a lot of songs, as well as some truly dandruff-scattering flip outs, its a complete and rewarding listen. Its years since I first bought it on tape - long since lost that - but it sounds just as fresh and its really well produced. Highly recommended!