Profile for J. Vance > Reviews

Content by J. Vance

J. Vance "J. Vance" (G>B>)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A Harmless Little Game (Harmless #1)
A Harmless Little Game (Harmless #1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Not a Complete Book! Avoid or pay more!, 8 May 2017
I read the description and even read "A Harmless Little Game is the first in this political thriller/romantic suspense trilogy by USA Today bestselling author Meli Raine." BUT a trilogy is not what this book is. It is 1/3 of a book with the other 2/3 in 2 other books you need to buy.
Definition of trilogy in Oxford dictionary: A group of three related novels, plays etc This is NOT three related works, but ONE work divided into three and that is very misleading and poor publicity. i feel like the author is trying to catch you so you have to pay £5 to finish the story, because that is how it is!
The plot was good and I was enjoying the whole more or less, apart from boring and unnecessary repetitions of the principle ladies feelings, (which I skipped over as they are totally unnecessary) as others have said in their reviews, but when I came to 'she knew what to do and is setting off to do it - buy next part to finish' I got annoyed and like others I refuse to buy the other books just to finish a story. Had I been told at the beginning that this is not a trilogy, but only part of a book I never would have started it.
AS for the actual writing, yes it is boring for quite a while as the author repeats things too many times, and the main character stays with her parents who treat her badly and she lets them with only a few minor words of rebellion - and she is an adult of 23 or 22 (I think the author used both in the book in that order) - and never considers leaving home to make it on her own, but the plot was exciting.

Chanel Allure for Woman 100ml EDT Perfume Spray
Chanel Allure for Woman 100ml EDT Perfume Spray
Offered by FD SUPPLIES

5.0 out of 5 stars I like to change perfume, 2 Mar. 2017
I like to change perfume, so use a few different ones. This is one of those and I love it. It has a sensual aroma that lasts a long time. It is neither sweet nor sharp, and although I mostly use it in winter, it would suit summer too, although for warm days I prefer a lighter perfume.
This lasts a long time on your body and smells as good at the end of the evening as at the beginning.

The Forgotten Girls (Book #1 in The Suburban Murder Series)
The Forgotten Girls (Book #1 in The Suburban Murder Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story but Horrible Cover, 16 July 2016
After a few pages this book drew me in and I didn't want to put it down. I bought it on offer because the author is unknown, but having read this one I am happy to spend the full price to buy book 2 in this series. Each one is stand alone, so if book 3 came along on offer I would buy that first. I must say the cover nearly put me off and once I got it I put off reading as I find the cover very off-putting, but once opened it was seldom put down.
I only figured out who the killer was towards the end. the 'who did it' part was well done and not something put in as an after thought. Once you knew who the killer was you realised what things earlier in the book meant and it all made sense.
Apart from the over, my only other complaint was that it is a little too short. It would have made a very thin paperback, but that said better a good read that is short, like this one, than a long and badly written book.

The Rock Star and The Lifeguard
The Rock Star and The Lifeguard

1.0 out of 5 stars Either incomplete or just not good, no idea which, 8 July 2016
This was so short and incomplete I have no idea if it is a short story or simple a taster for a full book. Either way I did not enjoy the book. The story is very weak, the characters incomplete and the end virtually non existent.

First Sight
First Sight

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly repetitive and annoying, 8 July 2016
This review is from: First Sight (Kindle Edition)
I love Danielle Steele and have read juzt about all her books. This one, however, is so badly written I couldn't get beyone page 55. I don't know how many times Ms Steele said Timmy loved Paris, but "men like Zack", or something meaning the same thing appears 38 times! "Since her divorce 11 years ago" comes up about 18 times and so on. In the 55 pages I read there was little information and no story had started to build as this was all background information The same two or three concepts were repeated so often I simply lost interest and gave up. I don't know if Ms Steele has lost interestin writing or what happened, but this would be a joke if I hadn't paid good money for the book.

Amazon Underground
Amazon Underground

5.0 out of 5 stars Free app lets you access other free apps, 20 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Amazon Underground (App)
This is a must have as it lets you access very many free apps that otherwise you pay for. I have already downloaded weather, ringtones and games that are not free unless you use UNDERGROUND. It is free to install, so no reason not to use it, and many good reasons to get it.

Rocket Player Premium Unlocker
Rocket Player Premium Unlocker

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying. Great choice of features, 20 Jun. 2016
I tried the free version and loved it so much I paid for the full version. The free one worked on most of my music, but a few formats were not covered in the free version and rather than change my music I paid the small price to upgrade, and now everything works great. This lets you sort music by SONGS, ARTIST, PLAYLIST, FOLDERS, GENRES, COMPOSERS, all in alphabetical order so it is easy to find what you are looking for. The menu also offers the chance to sort by title, date added, and album. You can set songs as ringtones etc too. Mine started with a blue theme colour, but this too can be changed and there is an equaliser. All in all, well worth the price with so much choice.

Rocket Player - Music Player
Rocket Player - Music Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for normal music formats. Full version plays everything, 20 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Rocket Player - Music Player (App)
I got this and loved it so much I paid for the full version. It worked on most of my music, but a few formats were not covered in the free version and rather than change my music I paid the small price to upgrade, and now everything works great.

Sticky Notes !
Sticky Notes !

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy notes that also read to you, 20 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Sticky Notes ! (App)
This is great for quick notes or even shopping lists. I write my shopping and then cancel out what I have got so I can see quickly what I still need. It is also handy to write reminders, phone numbers (ones you may not want to store) etc. There is a good choice of colours and fonts and it will read your notes out loud too. I love this and would highly recommend it

Short Stories
Short Stories

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreadable, 19 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Short Stories (Kindle Edition)
As another reviewer said this needs formatted as every second line has 1-2 words only and words do not end at the end of a line but continue onto the next line with no hyphen. This make it nearly impossible to read. I didn't enjoy the short bit I did read. Dull, uninteresting and seemingly no story. I read this on a Kindle, so do not know it it works on other devices

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20