Profile for AndyB > Reviews

Content by AndyB

AndyB

Rubies Batman Brave Child (Small)
Rubies Batman Brave Child (Small)
Offered by It's All Fun & Games

1.0 out of 5 stars This company doesn't appear to respect its customers, 15 Oct. 2015
I wanted to buy this product for my three-year-old's birthday. So quite naturally I bought the one which says it's sized for three-year-olds.

But, when it arrived, although it says 'aged 3' on the label, it's huge. It's even too large for my six-year-old. There's no way any three-year-old would fit it.

So, my son now doesn't have his main birthday present. Because this company doesn't appear to have the skills or motivation to size up its products. Very underwhelming.

Persuade: Using the seven drivers of motivation to master influence and persuasion

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful. Funny. Brilliant., 15 Oct. 2015
Insightful. Funny. Brilliant. Mr Hesketh uses loads of stories, research and real-life experiences to show us what drives us; what drives the people we talk to; and how to use this knowledge to adapt our approach so we all win. An excellent book.

Grow Your Service Firm
Grow Your Service Firm
by Robert Craven

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! A business book you can act on immediately after reading it..., 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Grow Your Service Firm (Paperback)
I have read hundreds of business books. Some interesting; some less so.

And very few that I can apply the second I stop reading it. The vast majority force me to spend time thinking how to apply the theory to my business.

But when you think about it, the only thing you want from a business book is for it to be a book you can use to grow your business!

And isn't it rare to find one that can?

Well, here's one. Robert Craven has written something that anyone can apply immediately. In fact, I frequently found I was stopping mid-way through chapters to apply his techniques to my business.

I have shared his book with others, and will continue to do so.

It contains lots of practical, proven, simple-to-adopt techniques that work. How do I know? Because I've used them. And they worked.

GIVE: 16 Giving Strategies To Grow Your Business, Increase Sales and Network More Effectively

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource to help grow your - and other's - businesses, 26 Mar. 2013
Reciprocity is one of the biggest motivators there is. People respond in kind.

It's just the way it is.

After all, what do you do when you receive a Christmas Card from someone you don't like? You send them one back, yes?

This book points out that - to grow your business - you have to give to others. The more you do that, the more they give to you.

And, because most people don't give in this way (let's face it, people rarely give to us unless we ask them to, demand they do or we pay them), acting this way ensures you stand out.

This book helps you become an expert giver (and, by default, benefit from others' reciprocations). In effect, Ms Rathling is endorsing her favourite Walt Disney quote: 'Observe the masses. Do the opposite'.

Her message is clear and persuasive: the more we give, the more people reciprocate, helping you both grow your businesses.

It's just the way it is.

High Impact Marketing That Gets Results (Guru in a Bottle)
High Impact Marketing That Gets Results (Guru in a Bottle)
by Ardi Kolah

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the way that Ardi Kolah writes..., 4 Jan. 2013
I love the way that Ardi Kolah writes: new content; interestingly written; and, best of all, easy to implement immediately. A great book that will change how you see marketing... and improve how you do it