Profile for Dr. I. Donald > Reviews

Acorn
Acorn
by Yoko Ono

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 April 2016
This review is from: Acorn (Hardcover)
Bought one for a friend. Bought myself one after reading hers.

Motta Tamper - Flat Base 58mm (Wooden Handle)
Motta Tamper - Flat Base 58mm (Wooden Handle)
Offered by azurano

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Tamper. Heavy and fits the hand well, 9 April 2016
Very good Tamper. Heavy and fits the hand well. Looks good too - as if it has some age. Although the technical specifications say it is 57mm it is 58mm - which it has engraved on the top next to the brand name. Fits my Gaggia classic perfectly.

Spirella Galet PEVA Plastic Shower Curtain Opaque, 180 x 200 cm, White
Spirella Galet PEVA Plastic Shower Curtain Opaque, 180 x 200 cm, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 Nov. 2015
It's OK and heavy enough not to stick to you in the shower

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend NOT buying this, 2 Nov. 2015
Purchased in July. Stopped working on November 2nd. It was used at home. Light use. Not exposed to any form of shock or damage. According to the engineer who repaired my laptop, this moved likely burned out the magsafe port on my Macbook. Would recommend NOT buying this.

The Key
The Key

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Key (MP3 Download)
Outstanding.

(Discontinued by Manufacturer)
(Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV including for PS3, 22 May 2013
This is an excellent TV. It is not internet enabled, but that can be achieved by hooking up a PS3 or other internet device.
Sound is fine, and better than most LEDs. You will want to attach speakers if you really want hifi sound, but the built in speakers are as good as any on a flat TV. Picture is excellent - Do not buy it for a small room and sit close - no TV looks good when you're too close. Buy an appropriate TV for the size of room. I sit a couple of meters or so from mine and it's very good (I have other higher end Sony TVs - this stands up well to them)

This TV WORKS EXTREMELY WELL WITH A PS3. It's great for games and brilliant using the blue-ray for video. I don't know what problem the other reviewer had, but mine work very well together - outstanding in fact. Make sure you get the settings on the PS3 correct is probably the answer. I almost didn't buy this on the basis of that review.

This cost just over £400. Well worth £500+

I'd buy another without question.

Bosch BOSHMT75M451B 17 litre 800 watt Freestanding Solo Microwave Oven, Brushed Steel
Offered by Growth&Value

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous and faulty, 15 April 2013
I had this one week over two years. I wasn't used much - it was noisy but fine. Then it would only heat at full power, regardless of the temperature set. Then it would heat on full power whenever the door was closed. No light came on, so other than the noise, no indication that the microwave was running at 850 with noting in it. That is a fire hazard. I have seen similar reviews and experiences. See John Lewis website. On one of those the person's microwave came on during the night. In my view Bosch should look into this as a matter of urgency. It was a 3 or 4 star product that should in my opinion be withdrawn. I would give it less than 1* if possible. I now have a panasonic.

TOMY Aquafun Octopals
TOMY Aquafun Octopals

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 21 Feb. 2013
Bought this for my son aabou 5 years ago - he was 18 months (ish). He loved it and still has a couple of parts now - though the base is for rockets to take off from rather than baby octopus to sit on. I have just bought another one from a friends son's first birthday. Apparently he loves it too. Good idea of one of the reviewers who suggested rinsing out the squirty baby octopus with Milton - dilute it. They do eventually develop a black mould inside and that should slow it down. Regardless of that I would definitely recommend this. Apart from the children enjoying it, it's good to be able to squirt them when they are being annoying, and they think it's fun.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Yes and no, 21 Feb. 2013
Great in that it does what a gyroscope does - my 7 year only loves it, as did I when I had one at his age. The quality is poor though. For the price you should be able to get something better - but that's the problem, I'm not sure there is anything out there. So if you want one fast, get it. If you want one that will last, keep looking.

Hannets® APS Battery for all iRobot Roomba
Hannets® APS Battery for all iRobot Roomba

5.0 out of 5 stars New lease of live, 21 Feb. 2013
This product is great so far. Hard to say with batteries because you don't know how long they will last. Assuming that's OK then this is very good. The Roomba now cleans for a very long time and does a great job - almost like it was when new. Recommend this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3