Profile for Gillian Helen Beaumont > Reviews

Content by Gillian Helen ...

Gillian Helen Beaumont

Anti Scan RFID Protectors for your Credit Cards including 5 x Card Protectors
Anti Scan RFID Protectors for your Credit Cards including 5 x Card Protectors
Offered by Cosmic Deals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple protection, 15 Jun. 2016
Arrived earlier than expected, good fit for cards, looking forward to good protection, good value.

TVPlayer
TVPlayer

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 15 Jun. 2016
This review is from: TVPlayer (App)
useless

Newborn baby unisex baby shower deluxe Maternity Hospital new mum Gift Set Bag
Newborn baby unisex baby shower deluxe Maternity Hospital new mum Gift Set Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Good welcome pack, 15 Jun. 2016
This was a present for our new great-nephew and his parents were delighted with it.

Olympic Nation Pro Swim Goggles - Silver
Olympic Nation Pro Swim Goggles - Silver
Offered by Olympic Nation

5.0 out of 5 stars opulent goggles!, 15 Jun. 2016
Lovely-looking goggles and seem comfortable. I did need to watch the YouTube tutorials on adjustment, etc., but that's because I am naturally ham-fisted. Looking forward to being able to see all the welcome and unwelcome inhabitants of the sea swimming towards me in the Algarve later this year.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2016 12:49 PM BST

Esther Waters
Esther Waters

3.0 out of 5 stars Horses for courses?, 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Esther Waters (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book overall; it is most interesting as a social portrait of life in a time of huge class difference and ruthless moral judgements. But the characters are ciphers and there's just that bit too much about the technicalities of horseracing!

The Duke's Children
The Duke's Children

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy end, 30 Jan. 2013
After all the Palliser adventures we almost feel part of that August family, but we miss the Duchess as much as her widower does. The eponymous children are indeed more like their mother than their father, though the daughter has his steely resolve.

I shall miss the Pallisers, and the Finns - I have been on a long emotional journey with them. The ending seemed abrupt - but since I had to say goodbye, perhaps it was less painful that way.

K-9 Mail
K-9 Mail

1.0 out of 5 stars k-9 mail, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: K-9 Mail (App)
This was even recommended by an online guru to someone who was having trouble installing talktalk on Kindle Fire, so I downloaded it and it's worse than useless

MailDroid
MailDroid

5.0 out of 5 stars maildroid, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: MailDroid (App)
Sorry - I meant to give it only 1 star; it's absolutely useless in the UK. Could have done better!

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD, 26 Dec. 2012
I like the clear display, but I would like more UK- rather than US-relevant apps. E-mail with talktalk is patchy and unreliable. No availability of 'Times' and 'Sunday Times' apps, available on Google Nexus, as are QR and Aurasma Lite, plus many others.
Quite honestly, I think this product was made available in the UK too early, and is still much too angled towards the US market.
I am a bit disappointed, as I thought long and hard before purchasing and even the modest price compared with the iPad was quite a lot of money for someone who isn't on a great income. Sometimes I think I would have done better to buy a Nexus; perhaps I will if Kindle Fire continues in its present state, and if I manage to save for it! I admit, however, that customer service is good, even if it can't help me much!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2012 11:51 AM GMT