Profile for David Price > Reviews

Content by David Price

David Price (Coventry, UK)

Live At BB King Blues Club
Live At BB King Blues Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff!, 15 May 2015
I saw them at a Blues festival in Leamington Spa a few years ago and thought they were terrific. This album lives up to my memories. Great stuff!

Moonage Daydream (Live) [Stereo]
Moonage Daydream (Live) [Stereo]

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a David Bowie fan but like this., 15 May 2015
I purchased this as I am playing a comeback gig and the drummer wants to play this. Not really a David Bowie fan but I quite like this.

Next To You (2003 Stereo Remastered Version)
Next To You (2003 Stereo Remastered Version)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really my cup of tea but can understand its appeal., 15 May 2015
I purchased this as I am playing a comeback gig and the drummer wants to play this. Not really my cup of tea but I will give it my best shot.

Live At McCabes Guitar Shop
Live At McCabes Guitar Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Laid back and relaxing, 3 Nov. 2011
I've always enjoyed Nancy's solo singing on Heart songs and also when she harmonises beautifully with her sister Ann. This is a nice laid back album with some fine acoustic guitar playing and the chance to enjoy a whole set of Nancy's voice. It is not as strong as Ann's and you can feel her stretching to hit some of the notes - but it this that gives it an endearing quality.

Buddy Whittington
Buddy Whittington

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guitar - great singing - great album, 3 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Buddy Whittington (MP3 Download)
I've seen Buddy perform with John Mayall and also recently with his own band. A truly great guitarist with a fine singing voice. I would recommend this album to all blues lovers.

The Canterbury Tales [DVD] [1972]
The Canterbury Tales [DVD] [1972]
Dvd ~ Pier Paolo Pasolini

4.0 out of 5 stars An old friend, 4 Nov. 2010
We first saw this when it came out in 1972 and have not seen it since. It is so totally different from anything else that it is difficult to know whether you like it or not. Therefore the questions: "What is entertaining?" - YES. "Was it worth the price?" - YES. "Would we recommend it?" - YES. "Will we watch it again?" - YES. The conclusion is that we do like it and found it a good experience to watch it again after all these years. Buy it and enjoy.

Small Faces - All Or Nothing 1965 -1968 [DVD]
Small Faces - All Or Nothing 1965 -1968 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste of the Sixties, 19 Nov. 2009
Anyone growing up in the sixties will love this taste of nostalgia. I thought the Small Faces were a great band with just enough rough edges and attitude. Over the last few years I have re-purchased all their albums on CD and been surprised at how well they have worn. I recently bought this DVD and enjoyed every minute of it. Steve Marriott was good then but later became one of the best UK male vocalists. Buy this and enjoy !!!