Profile for Sam > Reviews

Content by Sam

Sam (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Micro USB Cable TeckNet Ultra Durable [6-Pack] in Assorted Lengths(0.1M,0.3M,1M X3 & 2M ) High Speed Sync and Quick Charge Cables for Android Smartphones, Samsung, Nexus, LG, PS4 Controller and More-Black
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality USB cables, 5 Jan. 2017
These are really good quality cables. Thick and strong and my phone charges quickly with it, not like some of the cheap cables out there which are thin, poor build quality and really slow charging. I would have no hesitation recommending them. I have bought a few other TeckNet products (usb hubs and chargers) and have always been happy with them.

BC Master Quick Charge 2.0 Fast Charge Dual Port 30W USB Car Charger for Samsung Galaxy S7/S6/Edge/Plus, Note 4/5, LG G4, HTC One A9/M9, Nexus 6, iPhone, iPad and More
Offered by lenshareuk

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great charger but not for multi-sockets (as it is too wide)..., 21 Mar. 2016
This is a great quick charger and pretty much does what you would expect it to. It is very compact in terms of length but it is slightly wider than some other so if you are looking to put it in a multi-socket you may struggle to fit it in next to others (for example I have the Bestek 3 socket 12v multi-socket and it will not fit in next to another item, it effectively takes up 2 spaces on it because the one next to it isn't usable due to this one overlapping).

Would I buy again, yes - as long as I wasn't planning on using with a multisocket.

PBELE Bluetooth Car Stereo Headunit Radio Player MP3 MP5 /USB/SD/AUX-IN/FM(87.5MHZ-108.00MHZ)/iPhone /iPod In-dash **Free UK Delivery** (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars A few things I wish I knew before buying it..., 6 Dec. 2015
OK, for £20 I really was not expecting anything special. There are a few things I wish I knew before I bought it though:

- As another reviewer has mentioned there is no noise filter which means that when you are driving slowly the stereo gives out a whining noise like an electrical buzz as you accelerate. This is unbelievably annoying and I would not buy this product again for this reason.

- The black rim around the front of the stereo (not the fascia, the rim around it) is not removable like it is on all other stereos I have fitted. It is a fixed piece of plastic which means you cannot fit it into a 'flush' dashboard. I had to cut the plastic off with a stanley knife in order to fit it into a 2000 yaris.

- when making phone calls I can hear the other person quite well (apart from the electrical whining referred to above) but they cannot hear me very well, I have to shout and even then they cannot hear me clearly.

So those are the problems, if you can live with those problems then everything else works very well. Personally the deal breaker for me is the whining noise so I will be getting a different stereo to replace it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2015 7:41 AM GMT

TeckNet USB 3.0 Hub, 4 Port Ultra-Slim High Speed USB 3.0 Hub with A Charging Port, LED, Micro USB Cable
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, reliable and decent quality usb 3.0 hub, 21 Oct. 2015
Great usb 3.0 hub. I have actually bought 2 of these because they are cheap but very reliable and simple plug and play (I have tried on 4 different computers and laptops running windows 7, 8.1 and 10 - it worked straight away on each of them). Fast delivery too (speedygoal but fulfilled by amazon).

USB Type C Car Charger, EC Technology 5.4A AUTO IC USB Car Charger Built-in Type-C (3.1) USB C Adapter Charging Cable for Nexus 6P 5X, MacBook 12" iPhone, Galaxy S7 S6, LG G5, Nokia and More-Sivler ...
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

2.0 out of 5 stars good but needs to turn on with the ignition to get more stars, 28 Feb. 2015
When it is turned on it is good, the problem is every time you turn the ignition off then on again the box turns off and you have to press the button on the back of the box to turn it back on this means that you can't leave your phone plugged in and just turn the ignition on and it wont start charging you have to physically get the box and press the button on the back to turn it on, very annoying

Philips Shaver Series 7000, Wet and Dry Shaver RQ1195/17 with Click-On Beard Trimmer
Offered by IUEG

1.0 out of 5 stars I have used 5 different Philips razors and this is the worst in terms of 'shaving', 18 Jan. 2015
I have used Braun and Philips shavers for about 10 years and tend to buy a new model every 2 or 3 years. My last razor was the Philips HS8460 which was excellent and 5 out of 5 so I thought that this being a newer model for a similar price it would be an upgrade. I have been using it for a month now and have decided it is time to cut my losses (no pun intended). Almost every time I have used it I have had to finish the job with my old razor. It takes twice as long with this 7000 series and despite going over the same area over and over and over again it simply doesn't shave my beard hair. While I am a big fan of philips razors generally I would not recommend this model and will be reverting back to the previous model until they release a new range.

While it looks and feels good, the shave is simply poor and not worth £10 let alone £100.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2015 10:00 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HUB, I would recommend it., 23 Dec. 2014
I have bought a number of Anker products in the past, they have fantastic customer service - if anything goes wrong or doesn't work just contact them and they get back to you really quickly and sort it out for you.

I note from the other reviews that some people have had problems with the ethernet. I am using Windows 7 64bit and I had no problems at all. I plugged it in and got a gigabit connection immediately and the USB works great too. build quality is good and it is a neat little adapter.

I would recommend it.

FACILLA® 2X New Classic Men's Gift Party Wedding Cylinder Shirt Cufflinks
FACILLA® 2X New Classic Men's Gift Party Wedding Cylinder Shirt Cufflinks
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price these are great, 29 Jun. 2014
Look good, reasonable build quality, been using for a few months now and still like new. Long wait for delivery but I knew that was going to be the case.

Anker Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Powerful Sound with 20 Hour Battery Life and Built-in Microphone, works with iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Nokia, Laptops, PC and More - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker for the money, 29 Jun. 2014
I wanted a cheap but decent bluetooth speaker and spent a while searching around. In the end I couldn't decide between this for £29.99 or the Kitsound Boombar for £19.99 so I ended buying both to test them out side by side. The Anker won in every respect. The sound quality is substantially better than the KS. Bluetooth pairing is simpler and faster. Connectivity is better (in a 3 bed semi detached house the connection was maintained from corner upstairs to corner downstairs. The KS did go slightly louder than the Anker but it distorted well before max volume. The Anker does not distort even at max volume. Battery life so far has been great (been using everyday for a couple of hours for a week now without recharging).

In terms of Anker service, I have not needed to call on it yet for this product but I have once in the past and can honestly say they have the best customer service around, quick responses and immediate replacement if there is a problem.

I ended up keeping the Anker and returning the Kitsound, the difference in quality was chalk and cheese and the extra £10 is very justifiable.

One point I would make is that the speaker looks slightly bigger in the amazon pictures than it is in real life. If you search google images of Anker mp141 there are lots of pictures which show its real size compared to everyday objects.

Would I recommend? Yes
Would I buy again? I probably will end up with another one!

TP-LINK TL-WPA281 V3 AV200 Powerline 300M Wi-Fi Extender/Wi-Fi Booster/Hotspot with Two Ethernet Ports (Easy Configuration, Wi-Fi Clone for Smartphone/Tablets/Laptop)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works even if your router does not have WIFI, 18 Feb. 2014
I needed one of these to create a wireless network where there wasn't already one. I searched online but could not find a clear answer as to whether this would work or whether it only extended existing wifi networks. I decided to take the plunge and order it.

My set up is that I have a non wifi router which is plugged into a powerline adapter. I user powerline adapters throughout the house and this all works fine but no wifi. Occasionally I need wifi.

When it arrived I plugged it in and it worked straight away (the network name and password are printed (in very small print) on the back of the device). I wanted to change the network name and password so I put the CD in which automatically recognised the device and took me to the settings page where it was relatively easy to change the name and password.

I have not tried extending an existing wifi network but can recommend it if you are looking to create a new one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4