Profile for JM > Reviews

Breville Blend Active Personal Blender, 0.6 Litre, 300 W, White
Breville Blend Active Personal Blender, 0.6 Litre, 300 W, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blender, 2 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really good product, we blend shakes and smoothies all the time and normally use a hand blender in a large plastic container which unfortunately has no lid so sometimes there is some spillage when blending. This Breville model is ideal, pour the required measures into the supplied bottle, add the lid with the blades, and fit it onto the stand. Juice doesn't whizz out of the beaker as it's securely lidded so no mess to clear up. Then once it's blended, you just change the lid for the sports cap, the bottle is great so far and doesn't leak.
It's easy to wash as it's completely detatchable from the motor.
Recommended.

Rosewood Apple BioSafe Dog Toy
Rosewood Apple BioSafe Dog Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems sturdy so far, 30 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My labrador usually destroys most toys within about 5 minutes, and my whippet isn't really interested in them. However when this apple toy arrived and I threw it to them, there was immediate attention from both dogs. They both liked it, not sure if it was the apple scent or the texture.
A week or so later and it's still in one piece with no damage so it's obviously pretty robust, even against the strong jaws of my Lab, who chews her toys constantly. It's quite large, I think small dogs would struggle to hold it between their jaws.
There is a squeaker in it but it's not annoying because it must be quite difficult for the dog to squeeze it somehow and it only squeaks now and again.
It certainly seems like a good toy, strong, easy to clean and of great interest to them.

BLACK+DECKER WW100-GB All-in-One Window and Glass Vacuum Cleaner
BLACK+DECKER WW100-GB All-in-One Window and Glass Vacuum Cleaner

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not great, 29 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was quite excited to receive this product, after all it boasted streak free shiny windows which is always difficult to achieve. It is pretty easy to assemble, which is just as well as the instruction booklet is fairly useless, a few little diagrams - I hate this, why can't these manufacturers actually print clear instructions instead of pictures that aren't always easy to follow?
Water is added into the device into a small tank in the handle. This is then sprayed onto the window, and spread around with the rubber blade. The blade can then be rotated 180 degrees to use the fabric side to clean the window. When satisfied that the glass is clean, the blade should be rotated back to the rubber side, and the vacuum activated, by a switch on the reverse. This hoovers up the water from the window, and allegedly leaves it streak free.
The truth of it is that this device works reasonably well on large windows that are fairly clean to start with. The blade is too wide for small windows so ineffective on these. Also, on a window which has any degree of dirt on it, the fabric simply spreads it about and leaves a dirty mess which doesn't seem to hoover up very well. I did clean a few of my larger somewhat clean windows reasonably well, but there were a couple that needed a bit more tough cleaning, and these ended up looking dirtier than before I started!
As for not leaving streaks, in the main the windows were more or less streak free, perhaps just one mark where the final amount of water was hoovered up from.
The device is not very well designed, it's clumsy and awkward to hold, I didn't like the way you had to keep swivelling the head all the time, and the vacuum button is inconveniently placed on the underside, why not on the handle where it would be within easy reach without having to keep turning it round?
Would I recommend this device? Not really if I'm honest. It's ok but it's a bit too much like hard work filling and keep switching around for only mediocre results, think I'll stick with my cloth and Windolene.

Cartoons from the Horse's Mouth
Cartoons from the Horse's Mouth
by Spencer Hill

2.0 out of 5 stars Good concept but not funny enough, 20 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Over the last 20+ years, I've had more horses than I can usually remember, so this book really appealed to me: humour based on what horses might actually think regarding the care/lifestyle that we as humans provide for them. Unfortunately whilst some of the observations may be true, they just aren't funny. I hate to leave bad reviews but I read the whole book through from cover to cover and didn't laugh once, I didn't even feel the slightest hint of amusement at any of the cartoons, it's just a succession of really lame jokes that made me cringe. Really disappointing which is a shame as it's a great idea, well presented and illustrated, just not even remotely funny.

SimplySupplements Glucosamine Sulphate 1000mg for Cats & Dogs 120 Capsules (Pack of 2, Total 240 Capsules) GMP Quality Assured
Offered by SimplySupplements

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results after a few weeks, 19 Jun. 2015
My 2 tear old Labrador suffered from elbow dysplasia from being a young puppy, we sought advice from the vet and she was operated on. For a while this seemed to alleviate the problem to a degree but after some time the lameness returned and recently got much worse, to a point where I was really concerned about her future.
I read online about the benefits of glucosamine and so decided to give it a try. I was initially disappointed as nothing happened but a couple of friends told me the pills need a while to build up in the dog's system before they begin to work. Sure enough, a couple of months after she started on them she is like a different dog, moving freely around and bounding everywhere. I cannot recommend these tablets highly enough, they have made such a huge difference to my dog, and at this price, are very reasonable. I feed 2 a day so they last about 3 months. Worth every penny, just give them time to kick in.

pürminerals Soul Mattes 8 Ultimate Matte Eye Shadow Palette
pürminerals Soul Mattes 8 Ultimate Matte Eye Shadow Palette

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set, 15 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely eyeshadow palette, nicely packaged and would make an ideal gift. The colours are all quite conservative in colour, fairly earthy, natural matte colours which I like. The quality is good, the shadow remained in place for hours, it goes on nicely too, and comes with a decent brush instead of the usual sponge tipped applicator. I would certainly recommend it.

NAILS INC Nail Polish, St James Gel
NAILS INC Nail Polish, St James Gel

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but chips easily, 15 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice bright shade, it goes on thickly so looks good even after one coat and certainly has a shiny finish, reminiscent of a gel polish. However despite the rather high price tag, the polish doesn't last any longer than the 99p bottles I buy from our local budget chemist, after 2 days there were quite a number of significant chips. So although it looks quite nice it isn't very hardwearing, and I was a little disappointed.

Rexel Advance 280x255mm Subject Notebooks - Black (Pack of 5)
Rexel Advance 280x255mm Subject Notebooks - Black (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful notebook, 15 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are smart and stylish notebooks, ideal both for use in the office and by students. The pages are large, of reasonable quality paper, and have dividers built in along with a plastic wallet at the beginning of each section, useful for keeping loose papers, cards, cds etc. The books come with plastic protective front and back covers and there is a handy pen loop attached. The pages are perhaps a slightly odd size, similar but not quite A4, a little wider but a couple of cm less tall, they are bound on a spiral but also perforated so can be easily and neatly torn out, there is also a margin.
The spiral is covered with fabric and the whole book is reasonably flexible. An impressive notebook, although not cheap.

Russell Hobbs 20930 3-in-1 Sandwich/ Panini and Waffle Maker
Russell Hobbs 20930 3-in-1 Sandwich/ Panini and Waffle Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little gadget, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought a cheap supermarket sandwich maker years ago but we rarely use it as the plates were not removable and it was awkward to clean. This one however, has 3 sets of interchangeable plates so can be removed for easy cleaning. There is a grill, toasted sandwich maker and waffle maker. My daughter has already made several lovely waffles using the little recipe book provided, and it's great for toasties but beware adding too much filling as it leaks and gets on the non-removable parts.
The only other point I'd make is that a timer might have been a handy addition but all in all a useful item.

Second Nature Adult Turkey and Rice Hypoallergenic Complete Dry Dog Food, 12 kg
Second Nature Adult Turkey and Rice Hypoallergenic Complete Dry Dog Food, 12 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Dogs like it but quite pricey, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have two dogs, one of which is very fussy, the other is not but has a seemingly delicate stomach, there are quite a few feeds that have made her sick. So this appealed being hypoallergenic and certainly we have had no reaction to the Second Nature food.
It's kibble made of fairly small pieces, and both my dogs seem to like it. They prefer wet food and usually dislike dry kibble but seem quite partial to this, although I do add it to their wet food.
I would have probably given it 5 stars but for the price, at time of writing it is around £34 which is way out of my normal price range for a sack of dog food, so although my dogs do like it, it is quite expensive and I probably wouldn't pay that much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20