Profile for JM > Reviews

TONI&GUY  Casual Radiating Tropical Elixir 50 ml
TONI&GUY Casual Radiating Tropical Elixir 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and light, 14 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've got very frizzy hair, and although straighteners work wonders there's still always a light layer of frizz remaining. This is great for helping to reduce frizz, it's to be applied when hair has been washed and towel dried but I have also used it on dry hair and it works well too. Although it's a small bottle, you only need a couple of drops. It doesn't leave any stiffness or stickiness which is great, I hate it when you can feel products in your hair, but this is light and feels entirely natural. Reminds me very much of a Moroccan /argan oil I've had.

Inkjet Photo Gloss Cards, SUPER PREMIUM 280g 10x15cm x 100
Inkjet Photo Gloss Cards, SUPER PREMIUM 280g 10x15cm x 100
Offered by Photo Paper Direct Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class paper, 14 May 2015
I bought this after being constantly disappointed with the quality of other photo paper I'd had. This is really decent thick paper and at a fraction of the price in most shops. Highly recommended product and very fast delivery.

PhotoSEL BG411 Sling Bag with Rain Cover for DSLR Cameras and Accessories - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent small bag but how does it fit??, 14 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although this is not a large bag it's handy as a second bag for a day out, and for the size of it fits a few items in it. I used it to carry the camera with a zoom lens attached, and it also fit in another spare lens or a speedlight, plus bits and pieces, ie batteries, memory cards etc.
I am glad I am not alone in saying it took me quite a while to figure out how it should actually be worn, and I'm still not even sure I've got it right. The only way it's possible to fasten the straps was by having it over my left shoulder and clipping the other strap around my body, since I normally would carry a bag over my right shoulder I didn't like that. It may be that I haven't done it right but there are no instructions with it and it was the only way it was secure and didn't just slip off.
It's plain black so doesn't announce itself to the world as being full of expensive camera equipment, well padded with adjustable velcro dividers and would be a decent smaller camera bag if it was possible to carry it differently (or came with clear instructions). By the way I'm not a stupid person, I am quite intelligent but I'm used to camera backpacks and just can't fathom this one out.

The Eco Friendly Medium Beco Ball, Blue
The Eco Friendly Medium Beco Ball, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived well so far with ball destroying Labrador, 1 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So far so good, this ball has survived several days hard chewing by my Labrador yet still looks perfect. My dog has the unfortunate habit of destroying a new ball/toy within about 10 minutes of receiving it so I'm very impressed that this has lasted as well as it has so far. Scented with vanilla, this ball is carried everywhere, has been thrown and retrieved many times, and chewed on even more, it's not a hard ball, it's hollow and quite flexible, but surprisingly hard wearing. I particularly like the fact that it's safe even if she does manage to break it up and eat bits of it.

Remember Me This Way
Remember Me This Way
by Sabine Durrant

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read but poor ending, 28 April 2015
This review is from: Remember Me This Way (Paperback)
This is a good creepy read, about Lizzie, the widow of artist Zach. A year on from his death Lizzie finally visits the scene of his death in a car crash, but various happenings cause her to suspect that he might still be alive, and waiting to kill her. She uncovers a web of lies and secrets in his past.
Woven between Lizzie's chapters are entries from Zach's diary, leading up to the date of his death. The reader sees a controlling husband, becoming more and more obssessive, and it's easy to see why Lizzie is suspicious. The book is subtle but builds up the tension really well and keeps you turning the pages. The only thing that lets it down is the ending, I was reading desperately towards the climax, only to find that there isn't one, it just all fizzles out, almost as though the author wrote a really good book then lost her way and didn't know how to finish it.
I've given it 4 stars because I did enjoy it, but the bend is definitely a it disappointing.

Amy Snow
Amy Snow
by Tracy Rees

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but very overhyped, 28 April 2015
This review is from: Amy Snow (Paperback)
Having seen all the 5 star reviews ( in fact, there were ONLY 5 star reviews when I purchased this book), I was expecting great stuff, sadly it was a bit of a let down. The book is ok, don't get me wrong, but not really anything to get excited about. Described on the cover as 'a sparkling mystery', it's not really that, Amy follows a couple of clues to find out her late friend Aurelia's great secret, but I never felt it was very mysterious.
Amy is found abandoned as a baby in the snow by Aurelia, daughter of the wealthy Vennaways, against their wishes Amy is taken into the family home and brought up by the servants. As she grows up Amy is devoted to the lovely Aurelia, and despised by her vile parents. When Aurelia dies young, poor Amy is cast out from the only home she has ever known and follows a trail from beyond the grave, consisting of some letters left for her by her late friend.
Whilst not a bad read, I was a little disappointed in it, it was rather drawn out in parts and I ended up skim reading some of it.

Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to set up and great sound quality, 26 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been slightly wary of setting this speaker up as other reviewers stated it was quite difficult, but I did not find it so at all. There's a quick set up guide in the box, with 5 stages, these are all perfectly simple to follow, 1) plug in, 2) turn on the power and wait till the network indicator blinks blue, 3) go into the wireless settings on your phone, connect to Allplay, name the device, enter your wifi password, 4) download the Panasonic music streaming app to your phone and 5) that's it, now stream the music. Very easy.
My daughter has also been able to stream her music from her ipad without having to install the app on that as well,via Spotify.
The sound quality is excellent, and there's not a lot more I can say, other than that, quick easy set up and amazing sound. Highly recommended.

In a Dark, Dark Wood
In a Dark, Dark Wood
by Ruth Ware

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, hard to put down, 12 April 2015
This review is from: In a Dark, Dark Wood (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nora and Clare were best friends at school but they haven't seen each other for ten years, since Nora walked out of school and never went back. But now, out of the blue, Nora has received an invitation to Clare's hen party despite not being invited to her wedding.
The hen party takes place at a remote house in the middle of a forest in Northumberland. It's a small group that assembles, and from the very start Nora wishes she hadn't gone. In this claustrophobic atmosphere, relations are strained between the guests and secrets from the past are lurking not too far away, and before the weekend is over tragedy strikes.
I found the book a bit of a slow burner at first, as the scene was set. It is only once the murder takes place that the pace hots up, and from this point a gripping read follows that is difficult to put down. It is intriguing as the whole scenario is so puzzling and implausible, why would anyone want to kill this particular victim, and Nora wakes up in hospital, unable to remember what happened or even who is dead.
I enjoyed the book and would certainly look out for the author in the future.

Oral-B Precision Clean Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - Pack of 3
Oral-B Precision Clean Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star heads, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great toothbrush heads, much better than cheaper brands,these last far longer. I don't think this is a bad price either, I've paid more for them in the local supermarket.

Tefal GV8960 Pro Express Total Auto Steam Generator - 2400 W
Tefal GV8960 Pro Express Total Auto Steam Generator - 2400 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Steam iron, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not the best in the world when it comes to ironing so anything that boasted cutting down on ironing time sounded like a good idea. However I'm not really sure how it cuts down on time, I still spend just the same amount of time doing the job as I did with my £10 iron from Argos. This new beast of a machine maybe does a slightly better job of getting rid of the creases but not so much that I'd pay another £155 (at time of writing this review).
There are good points: I like the retractable cord, and the fact that the steam hose can be stored within the base. It's easy to fill with the detachable water tank and operation is straightforward, fill up, switch on, once the lights stop flashing it's ready to use. Just pull the steam trigger on the iron handle to generate masses of steam. However, the biggest minus point is the sheer size of the base, it's HUGE. You need to clear a whopping great space in the cupboard for this.
All in all it's not a bad item, I'm not great at ironing and tend to iron creases in rather than out, but this did help with the steam power, it's easy and comfortable to use, just enormous.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20