Profile for JM > Reviews

Oral-B Precision Clean Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - Pack of 3
Oral-B Precision Clean Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star heads, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great toothbrush heads, much better than cheaper brands,these last far longer. I don't think this is a bad price either, I've paid more for them in the local supermarket.

Tefal GV8960 Pro Express Total Auto Steam Generator - 2400 W
Tefal GV8960 Pro Express Total Auto Steam Generator - 2400 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Steam iron, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not the best in the world when it comes to ironing so anything that boasted cutting down on ironing time sounded like a good idea. However I'm not really sure how it cuts down on time, I still spend just the same amount of time doing the job as I did with my £10 iron from Argos. This new beast of a machine maybe does a slightly better job of getting rid of the creases but not so much that I'd pay another £155 (at time of writing this review).
There are good points: I like the retractable cord, and the fact that the steam hose can be stored within the base. It's easy to fill with the detachable water tank and operation is straightforward, fill up, switch on, once the lights stop flashing it's ready to use. Just pull the steam trigger on the iron handle to generate masses of steam. However, the biggest minus point is the sheer size of the base, it's HUGE. You need to clear a whopping great space in the cupboard for this.
All in all it's not a bad item, I'm not great at ironing and tend to iron creases in rather than out, but this did help with the steam power, it's easy and comfortable to use, just enormous.

AmiGami Unicorn and Crimper Set
AmiGami Unicorn and Crimper Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this to my six year old niece to play with when she was at my house, and it was an instant hit! I would say that this would be a great gift for any craft mad child, and although we had to help her start off, she easily picked up the crimping techniques to decorate the unicorn with curled paper (plenty supplied) - I would say the age range is about right (6+), any younger and it would be too difficult as there are some quite small fiddly pins and clips (prepare yourself to buy another pot/tub to store all these accessories in to stop them getting lost! She used a new jewellery box gift, also for her birthday!). Saying that, I think they would probably be suitable up to the age of about 10, they certainly are not babyish, but the unicorn and crimper seem robust enough to stand up to young children, especially when my younger 3 year old rough nephew had a quick go. The reusable stickers were a great idea, and this craft activity required no glue at all, so no mess to clean up. I think this is probably a good toy to take to other places like grandma's house/playdates/restauarants (as long as you take the decorations with you) - no mess and certainly kept my niece occupied. This is the first one of the range we've seen and I expect my niece will be requesting more in the future!

His Other Life
His Other Life
by Beth Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars More chicklit than thriller but not a bad read, 8 Mar. 2015
This review is from: His Other Life (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book started off well with an intriguing opening chapter and was quite a dark story with a bit of humour but unfortunately the pace was a little slow for me.
It is the story of Grace, who is married to Adam. Although the book describes them as having the perfect life, it didn't appear so to me. He is very secretive, she barely knows anything about him, he refuses to commit to a mortgage with her, their love life is almost non existent, hardly a marriage made in heaven. Anyway, one night he goes out to buy a takeaway and doesn't come back.
Grace is desperate , obviously, to find out what has happened to him. But the journey to this discovery was rather slow, and bogged down with unnecessary detail. I think this is perhaps because this book is more dark chicklit rather than a thriller, which is my preferred reading, so probably would suit readers who like something a little lighter. The author certainly has a sharp turn of phrase, in spite of the subject matter there are some funny parts.
I did think the plot was a little unlikely and far fetched but it's easy reading and fairly enjoyable.

Breville Colour Notes 1.7 Litre Kettle - Cream
Breville Colour Notes 1.7 Litre Kettle - Cream

2.0 out of 5 stars Smart kettle but funny taste to the water, 6 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very stylish looking kettle, cream, with a stainless steel/black base and lid. It's quite tall but still fits easily under our kitchen wall units.
The lid comes off completely making it easy to ill, rather than ones that tilt. It pours well without sloshing excess water. And it boils really quickly which is an extra bonus. The kettle can be placed on the base at any angle rather than having to slot in at a certain point. The cord isn't over long at 47cm so can't be too far from a plug socket but that's fine in my kitchen. The on/off switch illuminates in red when the kettle is on.You can apparently boil just a single cup full of water as a minimum, but this doesn't show on the water gauge, which is only visible from 4 cups, perhaps this is a slight design flaw as I was always told to check the water was up to the minimum mark or covered the element, however the element in this kettle is concealed, so an accurate water gauge with a minimum level on would have been useful. The instructions say it is safe to use with one teacup full, or 250 ml.
The biggest problem we've had with it is that in spite of being filled and boiled over and over again for several days, the water still has a strange taste. The instructions suggest a couple of boils should get rid of any taint left from the manufacturing process but sadly it is lingering in ours and so we are still using our old kettle and hoping that with repeated boiling the new one will improve, but no luck so far which renders the kettle fairly useless at this point. I've never had this problem before with any other kettle.

10 LONG LIFE MR16 50w Halogen Bulbs GU5.3 Lamp 12v Halogen with Aluminium Reflector
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, 6 Mar. 2015
Great value compared to Tesco, these were about £1.50 each and now they only sell ultra long life ones for about £7 each.

Oral-B Pro 2000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush - Pink
Oral-B Pro 2000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value toothbrush, 6 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My family have had a number of these toothbrushes, but this one's arrival caused the most excitement, purely because it's pink! My two daughters loved it and of course both wanted it but this one's mine!
As ever, it provides a great clean, leaving you with that 'just been to the dentist for a polish' feeling. There is a pressure monitor so that if you're brushing too hard a warning light comes on. The motor has an indicator (a slight change in the running sound) which indicates when you've brushed for 30 seconds, the best way to clean your teeth is to brush for 30 seconds in each quarter of the mouth, and this indicator helps you by timing it.
The PRO 2000 comes with a charger onto which you just place the brush, battery life is good, probably 6-7 days and I clean my teeth a lot, 3 or 4 times a day.
I'm not sure why there is such a difference in price between this model which is a budget one, and the top of the range ones. Why pay over £100 for a brush with all sorts of fancy features that will probably never be used? This is a great brush that does what it's supposed to, gives a great professional clean.
I notice it does offer 'sound connectivity' which works via an app downloaded to a smartphone, and wifi. Unfortunately the app wouldn't load onto my phone despite trying it a couple of times so I can't comment on that, but it's not really something I need in a toothbrush.

The Ice Twins
The Ice Twins
by S. K. Tremayne

4.0 out of 5 stars Claustrophobic and tense suspense, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Ice Twins (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sarah and Angus Moorcroft are still reeling from the death of their young daughter Lydia, a year ago, so when his grandmother leaves them a cottage on its own Scottish island, it seems like the perfect retreat from the world.
But Torran is much more remote than Sarah anticipated, and the cottage very run down, it certainly makes for an atmospheric setting. Meanwhile, their surviving twin daughter Kirstie is growing increasingly disturbed, she is trying to convince her mother that she is actually Lydia, and that it was Kirstie who died. Sarah herself is horrified at this thought , could they really have made such an unforgiveable mistake?
The book has such an unusual plot, it's very different to other psychological thrillers. It's quite claustrophobic, with very few characters and set in such a remote location, but this adds to the tension. I didn't really take to the characters however, although initially I was sympathetic towards Sarah, this waned after certain revelations, and I didn't take to Angus at all. The twins element had a little of the supernatural about it, and on the whole I enjoyed the book though it was lacking the final pizzazz that would've made it 5 star.

Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation For Normal/Dry Skin - 30 ml, Buff
Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation For Normal/Dry Skin - 30 ml, Buff
Offered by BrightRetail

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice finish makeup, 17 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a light foundation that goes on easily without appearing thick or mask-like. It dries to a nice matt finish so doesn't require any powder over the top. It lasts quite well through the day without needing any further applications. It looks natural but flawless which of course, is the desired effect.
The only real criticism I have is that the bottle isn't great, it's not easy to get it out, it would be better if it had a pump or similar, as it is it needs a very firm shake to get any of the makeup to come out.

Kingston 32 GB Micro SDHC UHS-I Speed Class 3 Memory Card with Full Size SD Adapter
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memory card, 12 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm always getting messages on my phone to say storage is full so thought a memory card with this size memory would do the trick, my previous card is only 2GB. I put this new 32GB card in, moved most of my apps onto it, not to mention photos and music and it's barely used up any of the massive amount of memory.
Have used Kingston memory cards before and always been reliable. This is also very fast for transferring data to and from computer. Although it's useful in my phone, I'm also tempted to get another for my DSLR camera, will hold many many photos and with fast transfer speeds will save time. Comes with an adaptor so it can be used in either micro sd slots or full size ones.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20