Profile for Olga > Reviews

Content by Olga

Olga "Say something about yourself!" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BaByliss Ceramic Curling Wand Pro
BaByliss Ceramic Curling Wand Pro

1.0 out of 5 stars What a rubbish!, 16 Dec. 2015
It is absolutely senseless and unpractical design. I'm supposed to hold the hair in my hand all the time, which means that the ends don't curl and it means with the shorter hair (I've got a longish bob) it's impossible to curl: It's open heat, so I scalded my scalp a few times, the glove also only holds the heat only moderately, and with the distance I need to keep between the root and a scalp and between the ends and the wand doesn't allow for real curl to appear. Leave alone switching the glove from one hand to another is a hole nuisance, and my arms grew tired as I always had to keep both hands up my head. If I hadn't discarded packaging I'd have returned it straight away.

HMO Property Success: The proven strategy for financial freedom through multi-let property investing

5.0 out of 5 stars great manual to business, 25 Mar. 2014
Mostly practical and useful book on the model, essentially a manual if you really want to learn the business with HMO model.

Plan Toys Activity Clock
Plan Toys Activity Clock

3.0 out of 5 stars those little things, 12 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Plan Toys Activity Clock (Toy)
For quite a while I was looking for some time of watch to teach my toddler not only to read time, but to associate it with specific activities during the day. Overall the toy ticks all the boxes, but it's those little things which make it either perfect, or not so great. It's the latter, unfortunately. The hour hand is a bit short and for toddler it's hard to "draw an imaginary line" to get that it's pointing to a number. Minute one has a circle at the end for no particular reason, again I thought it misses the point as it covers the number it points onto. The slot to insert the activity card is too wide, it almost lies down. It also would be great to have some pocket to keep the rest of the card, when they just lie around, a child tends to grab them and lose them eventually.

Mr Men Little Miss Sunshine Backpack
Mr Men Little Miss Sunshine Backpack

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 12 Oct. 2010
My daughter takes it to the nursery - good sturdy product, easy to clean and open for her.

Orange Tree Toys Soft Cat Pull Along BT1851
Orange Tree Toys Soft Cat Pull Along BT1851

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok toy, 9 Sept. 2010
Bought it for my 1.5 year old daughter as she loves toys. It's an ok toy, the wooden wheels do not turn really, so you rather drag it along. Also, the pull cord opens at the orange plastic bit for some reason, and I don't understand why you really need it, apart from a child constantly taking it apart and then not having a proper cord to pull.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2010 3:53 PM GMT

Lena Happy Sand Play Set in a Rucksack (24 Piece)
Lena Happy Sand Play Set in a Rucksack (24 Piece)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit messy, 9 Sept. 2010
Bought it for the sandpit for my 2 yo daughter. It's a bit messy as a piece of toy, the bits are of different sizes, not all fit all, and no manual to figure out what fits what, so had to figure it out. It's also a bit shaky as a construction and falls down easily. My daughter ends up playing with some parts only. Overall I wouldn't buy it again.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item overall, 9 Sept. 2010
Good quality material, print or colour stayed well after washing. My only comment is size, my daughter is 2.5 and she's tall for her age, but 2-3 is still too big for her. I don't mind though, she'll wear it for longer, but if you have a tiny 2yr, I'd go a size down.

Thermos Cool Box - 32 L, Sky Blue
Thermos Cool Box - 32 L, Sky Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 2 Sept. 2009
I used it with frozen packets to transport my frozen breastmilk during the 9 hour car drive when we went for vacation, and there wasn't even a hint of it defrosting. The lid locked by the handle as you carry it, I wish it did the same when the lid is down, as my 14 month old got a kick of taking the lid off all the time. It's quite spacious and light too, so look forward to using it more for the picnics next summer.

Hidden Messages: What Our Words and Actions Are Really Telling Our Children (Pantley)
by Elizabeth Pantley

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but obvous, 2 Sept. 2009
While the book is indeed promoting loving and unconditional parenting, and must be a great inspiration and eye opener for a lot of parents, I personally found the "hidden messages" to be quite obvious. Yet again, I've read lots and know children developmental psycology quite well, so it didn't impressed me, but I do recommend it, especially if you haven't had tons of parenting books read.

Step2 Crabbie Sandbox
Step2 Crabbie Sandbox

4.0 out of 5 stars Great garden fun, 2 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Step2 Crabbie Sandbox (Toy)
I was looking for a sandpit for quite some time, and ended up buying this one. It is durable and safe, no sharp corners, no sand falling through the cracks, the cover sits well at the wind, so a good fun. The only downside is there is no place for adult to sit on when you play with your child, that would be handy. It takes about 140 kg of sand, we did with 100 which is fine too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3