Profile for Andrew Tongue_ manuelle@onetel.com > Reviews

Content by Andrew Tongue_...

Andrew Tongue_ manuelle@onetel.com (Great Britain)

A Matter Of Life And Death [VHS] [1946]
A Matter Of Life And Death [VHS] [1946]
VHS
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Excuse me brother......." Magnificent on every occasion!, 26 Mar. 2002
It is rare to find a film of such devastating quality; the acting, dialogue, scenery, and cinematography are outstanding. Powell and Pressburger do more than justice to this surreal adventure of what we may expect in the 'next life' - I certainly hope it's like the film portrayal. There's a nice balance of witticism and irreverent comment, yet the focus of the film (for me, at least) is the very rational 'argument' of, when should someone die. I'd like to think we would all be allowed the same form of 'appeal' as Peter David Carter - perhaps that is the case!
Old or new, no other film touches this movie for it's consummate originality, and amazing film flair. This film will certainly never 'die' in my memory, however many times I sit down to watch it.