Profile for Garrett > Reviews

Coin for a Killer
Coin for a Killer
by David Snowdon

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Spy Thriller, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Coin for a Killer (Paperback)
I never once lost my interest while reading this incredible novel. The author does a superb job of developing the characters throughout the story. By the end, I felt truly attached to Anton.

Anton Okienka escapes from prison and immediately has every major international spy agency on red alert. There are plenty of close encounters, but it is genius the way Anton out thinks and out maneuvers these intelligence agencies. Anton reminded me of a rogue James Bond; a vivid picture was painted in my mind of a man in a tailored suit and being able to talk his way out of any situation.

This is the first book from this author I have read, but I highly suggest checking out his other novels after reading this one. I guarantee you will be hooked and wanting more.

5/5 Stars for a book with never ending action; a true Spy Thriller.

SPANISH. Learn the Basics
SPANISH. Learn the Basics

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Refresher Course, 23 Feb. 2013
Going on a trip to Mexico will require some Spanish, even if its just the basics. This book helped remind me of all the Spanish I learned in middle school. Don't worry if you don't know anything, this book really does start at square 1.

Everything from syntax to scentence formation is layed out in such an easy manner, it made for an incredibly easy and exciting read.

Facebook Business Basics: The Jargon-Free Guide to Simple Facebook Success
Facebook Business Basics: The Jargon-Free Guide to Simple Facebook Success

5.0 out of 5 stars How Much Is a Like Worth to You?, 17 Feb. 2013
This is a great book that gets rid of all the confusing nonsense, and breaks it down to the very basics.

I liked how this book first talked about, Social Media Managers. These were the first thing that came to mind when I started this book, and the author breaks down exactly what they do, why they may or may not be worth it, and what to look for in a good manager.

The author really does break it down to the basics. He has a Jargon-Buster that defines every word from Add to Wall. The author also goes over how to set up your Facebook account, page, and group (and tells you the difference between the three)

The real reason I find this book a necessity for businesses is that it lays out how to create an effective Facebook Campaign and get it out there to the world! The author goes over some problems that may occur, and then (of course) goes over the multitude of solutions to each of those problems!

Despite the title, the book also does go into Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter, however they are only brief discussions.

Overall, 5/5, this book is a great resource for businesses (big or small) to get set up on Facebook and be successful on a previously unknown platform.

The Blasphemer (Section One Series Book 2)
The Blasphemer (Section One Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Paced Thriller!, 16 Feb. 2013
This book is an extremely enjoyable fast paced thriller. It reminds me on Tom Clancy (minus the 6 page descriptions) in the sense that it talks about current events which keeps me very interested because the problems are easy for me to relate to. But don't worry, if you don't follow current events, just read the authors notes at the end of the book and everything will make sense.

The characters are each unique in their own right, and I will talk about my favorite, Maya. She does her job but she doesn't just have sympathy, she has empathy. That is an extremely hard quality to find in people and was surprised by how the author was able to put that quality into a character so well.

5/5, The book is very fast paced and moves from plot point to plot point and grabs your attention like a well made action movie. I wouldn't be surprised if I see this as a movie one day in the near future.

GOOD MOTHER, BAD DAUGHTER?
GOOD MOTHER, BAD DAUGHTER?

5.0 out of 5 stars Friend Loved It, 14 Feb. 2013
I bought this book for a friend of mine who was having some problems and asked her to write a review, below is her review. My friend, who happens to be a writer, wrote

"The introduction is heartfelt and spoke immediately to my emotions and my experiences in my life. It talked about how the author grew up with her WW2 survivor mother who was emotionally abusive towards her. The author has an epiphany, similar to the one I experienced, that maybe she is wrong, and I myself deserve to move on with my life and be happy. It went over all the reasons that my mother may have emotionally abused me, but more importantly, it made me realize that change is possible. The best part was when the author went over how to stop the abuse. This truly had a major impact on the my life and I hope it will have an impact on others as well."