Profile for Kearnico > Reviews

Kearnico (Portsmouth, Hants.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Sept. 2016
perfect for cooking. not advisable that you use this for any beauty applications

KitchenCraft Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Thermometer
KitchenCraft Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Thermometer

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 Sept. 2016
A little short for a 12oz milk jug but i'll work around it.

BlueSnail Coffee Tamper 51mm
BlueSnail Coffee Tamper 51mm
Offered by BlueSnail(Hong Kong)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Sept. 2016
Lovely, fits my Delonghi ECZ351

Non-drip Descaler Gel (160g)
Non-drip Descaler Gel (160g)
Offered by EASY 4 SAVE

4.0 out of 5 stars Other traditional descalers don't adhere to the surface but this gel is great at staying put, 9 Sept. 2016
I'm trying to get rid of the scale on the rear of my toilet bowl. Other traditional descalers don't adhere to the surface but this gel is great at staying put. It's going to take a few applications to clean it up entirely but after the two I've already done it's looking better already.

Jawbone Up Move Wireless Clip On Activity and Sleep Tracker for iOS/Android - Ruby Rose
Offered by Premier Products

4.0 out of 5 stars I’ve worn it every day for the past month and it is fantastic. I’m not a fan of the ones you ..., 20 Jun. 2016
A few weeks ago a colleague of mine was talking about her Husband’s new FitBit and how expensive it was. She raved about its performance though, so I thought maybe I’d look at getting myself some kind of fitness tracker. At the time I was 1 month in to a new weight loss regime and needed a shiny new gadget to keep me interested. I’ve never owned a fitness tracker before, but this came down to the right price so I figured why not!

It arrived the next day as I’m a Prime member and I was surprised at how small the packaging and the tracker itself were – I’m going to lose this for sure.

I did struggle initially with the set up, and my first few ‘syncs’ were a little tricky, but I’ve got the hang of it now.
I’ve worn it every day for the past month and it is fantastic. I’m not a fan of the ones you wear around your wrist because I’m not a watch wearer or a fan of bangles. So clipping this to my belt (or the top of my tights if it’s dress weather) is super easy. I wear it overnight by clipping it to my PJs and was surprised at how accurate it was tracking my sleep considering it’s so small.

I aim to do 7000 steps a day. Some days when I’m a few hundred short I just jig around the bedroom until I hit my target – much to my husband’s amusement.

One of the few cons I’ve found so far is I can’t figure out how to force sync the thing. For example, if I’ve gone out on a long walk without my phone when I get home I like to sync it to see exactly how I’m doing. I can get it to connect via Bluetooth with no trouble, but it won’t actually update my stats for about 20 minutes. At first this was annoying as I was so eager to see how I was getting on, but now I’ve had it a bit longer I know it will do its thing when it’s ready.

Additionally with the sleep option, when you turn it off in the morning using the tracker and not the app on your phone, it will tell you you’ve had over 100% of the sleep you needed. But when you connect it to your phone, and this updates, it then takes in to account the amount of time it detected you were awake during the night, which then might slip you under 100%. It would be nice if the tracker could work out that you had some time awake instead of reporting your progress based on how long it had been in ‘sleep mode’.

The app is easy to navigate and set up to your specification once you’ve familiarised yourself with it. I’m a user of MyFitnessPal to track my calories and I’ve found some other users on there who I’ve teamed up with to battle our daily steps. Downside is a lot of them are in the USA so they are starting their day half way through mine so it gets a little tricky. If I was battling users in the UK there wouldn’t be this problem – but it’s just an observation.

The clip is very strong and I’ve not had any issues with it falling off at all. I bought an aftermarket watch strap but I’ve not used it yet.
Overall I’m very pleased with this item. I think I would probably pay the £40 retail for it but no more than that.

I’ve been eating sensibly since 18th April and purchased this on the 18th May. So far I’ve lost 18.5lbs and I’m really happy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2016 11:25 AM BST

BabyDan Danamic Narrow Pressure Fit Safety Gate (63-69.5 cm)
BabyDan Danamic Narrow Pressure Fit Safety Gate (63-69.5 cm)
Offered by SAFETOTS

4.0 out of 5 stars The only gate that would fit my tiny house!, 7 Jun. 2016
An excellent stair gate that fits my narrow 1900 stairs. Does occasional come a little loose but we think it's because it's up against a cylindrical bannister on one side. Overall, very pleased.

Swiss-O-Par Eyebrow and Eyelash Colour Brown
Swiss-O-Par Eyebrow and Eyelash Colour Brown
Offered by Dealberry.

4.0 out of 5 stars A touch darker than expected (brown is more like black) and whatever you do don't get it on ..., 26 April 2016
A bit tricky to apply, but results are superb. A touch darker than expected (brown is more like black) and whatever you do don't get it on your skin! I was using eyelure which is very weak in comparison to this product. I pasted it over a larger area of my eyebrow and now have lovely big stains on my skin. My husband thinks it's hilarious. It's a good job I don't have any plans for the next few days......

Kit for Kids Baby Changing Mat with Stars (Grey)
Kit for Kids Baby Changing Mat with Stars (Grey)
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Considering the amount they get used this is fantastic value for the price, 1 April 2016
Bought 2 of these when my son was born, have been using them both for 8 months and they are only just wearing out. Considering the amount they get used this is fantastic value for the price!

CSL 3000 dpi USB optical gaming mouse
CSL 3000 dpi USB optical gaming mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars this is awesome. Only annoying this is my cats press the ..., 1 April 2016
For a cheap mouse, this is awesome. Only annoying this is my cats press the buttons at night when my PC is switched off and the lights come on lol!

ESSKA Bottle Brush (Dark Grey)
ESSKA Bottle Brush (Dark Grey)

1.0 out of 5 stars much better., 1 April 2016
Snapped in a matter of weeks, buy the Dr.Browns version, much better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4