Profile for Ra Airey > Reviews

Content by Ra Airey

Ra Airey

Page: 1 | 2
6 Chambers, 1 Bullet: A Novel (Patch Kinkade)
6 Chambers, 1 Bullet: A Novel (Patch Kinkade)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fiction, 12 Feb. 2014
I have read both of Sonny's previous books which were true stories. This was his first novel but I really enjoyed it. Due to his time in the outlaw world he can write a very credible story which is paced incredibly well. I found it a great read and consumed the book within a day on holiday.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case, Onyx Black - fits all Paperwhite generations

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive But Worth It, 12 Feb. 2014
First things first, I bought this because I had a 20% off voucher for it from Amazon.

I bought it to replace a shoddily made cover that I got on eBay for £4. The amazon cover is in another league when put next to the eBay covers. For one it's real leather which is very hard-wearing but it also looks 'quality', the fit is perfect and the cover feels good in the hand. It's hard to explain until you pick one up or see one but the cover just feels 'proper', which in my eyes is worth it to protect £110 of electronics.

Year of the Spider
Year of the Spider

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Book, 12 Feb. 2014
I'm from Darlington and enjoy fly fishing although I've never tried a fly on the Tees. The book opened my eyes to how simple fly fishing can be on a river.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2014 11:17 PM GMT

Long Life Lamp Company LLLC27SMDCW GU10 5 Watt LED Super Bright PURE White Colour 50 Watt Replacement for Halogen bulb with New SMD Chip Technology 400 lm

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenally Bright, 12 Feb. 2014
I only got these today so this is by no means a long term review. They don't look as nice as a'normal' halogen bulb but then I rarely look at the ceiling to admire my bulbs. I did have 50W halogen lights installed in the kitchen before replacing them with these bulbs. I have 6 bulbs in the kitchen so running 6 of these is cheaper than running one of the old bulbs. However these are much brighter than the old bulbs. They are a very 'white' light which is what I wanted in a kitchen. They may be a bit harsh in a bedroom but in a kitchen or bathroom they are ideal.

Sony Pocket Size Portable Am/Fm Radio With Built-In Speaker
Sony Pocket Size Portable Am/Fm Radio With Built-In Speaker
Offered by Sebago Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap as Chips, 13 Jun. 2013
Bought this to take away camping with me. It's cheap enough to risk breaking when living in a field. It's actually a very well made sturdy little radio. Sound quality is what you would expect from a single small speaker but the volume is more than adequate. For under a tenner you can't go wrong.

That Near Death Thing: Inside the Most Dangerous Race in the World
That Near Death Thing: Inside the Most Dangerous Race in the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 13 Jun. 2013
I bought this as I was going to the TT this year. I read some on the ferry on the way over and the rest on the island. It really covers the spirit of the TT very well. I found it well written and engrossing. It's one of the few books that I have read in 3 or 4 sittings in the last year or so. If you have any interest in road racing I'd definitely give it a go.

ASUS Xonar DG - sound card(90-YAA0K0-0UBN0BZ)
ASUS Xonar DG - sound card(90-YAA0K0-0UBN0BZ)
Offered by Deluxe Enterprises

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Quality Sound, 27 May 2013
I bought this as my onboard sound was lacking on my desktop PC. The card made a noticeable difference, especially when using headphones. For £20 or so you can't go far wrong.

Monoprice High-Quality Closed Screw Type Copper Speaker Banana Plug (Pair of 5)
Monoprice High-Quality Closed Screw Type Copper Speaker Banana Plug (Pair of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, 27 May 2013
A well made, heavy set of plugs for speaker wire. Easy to fit to the cable and very secure once fitted. Not much else to say really.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2013 3:23 PM BST

HIGHLANDER 125 X 60CM BODY MICRO FIBRE TRAVEL TOWEL NEW
HIGHLANDER 125 X 60CM BODY MICRO FIBRE TRAVEL TOWEL NEW
Offered by Dorking Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking, 27 May 2013
I don't know why people are complaining about the colour of this item. It a khaki/olive green which is fine by me. I've only used the towel once but it was ultra absorbent and dried incredibly quickly. For £12 it's a great towel.

Fisher Space Pen Matte Black with Clip Bullet Ballpoint
Fisher Space Pen Matte Black with Clip Bullet Ballpoint
Offered by WorldShoppersLink

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 20 May 2013
Received the pen last week as I'm sick of losing disposable biros. My thinking was that if I have a decent pen I'll look after it. The pen is very small until you remove the end cap for use when it becomes a 'full sized pen'. It writes very well and is very solid in the hand. One of the kids (16 year old) borrowed it at the weekend and commented on how nice it was. I'm more thank happy with the purchase.

Page: 1 | 2