Profile for V. O'Regan > Reviews

Content by V. O'Regan

V. O'Regan (Warwickshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake Series Book 1)
Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars What a wild ride, 25 Jun. 2017
The synopsis looked intriguing so chose it as my Kindle First for June. I was hooked from the first pages and it continued to engage me throughout. I did wonder about the nastiness of the internet trolls but assume Rachel Caine researched the phenomena. See that it is Book 1 and will be looking forward to the next and have pre-ordered.

G4Free Unisex Drawstring Backpack Gymsack Gym Bag for Shopping Yoga Running Sport
Offered by TYFung

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, 21 May 2017
Found this perfect for toting items to the gym and pool. Love zip pockets and it dries very quickly as well.

Zumba Fitness - Women's A0 A00593 AC Other Dance Socks 3pk, Multi, One Size
Zumba Fitness - Women's A0 A00593 AC Other Dance Socks 3pk, Multi, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Zumba socks complete outfits, 11 Jan. 2016
Bought these as the colours were perfect for the Zumba clothing I already own

Harmony Black (Harmony Black Series Book 1)
Harmony Black (Harmony Black Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked on Harmony, 11 Jan. 2016
I obtained this novel via Kindle First and was immediately drawn in. It was highly engaging and I certainly plan on following the series. Learning that Harmony first appeared in another series of urban fantasies, I bought the first.

My only issue with the novel linked to its cosmology, which was conveyed by a character to Harmony early on, that proposed hell without a corresponding heaven. Seemed a little lop-sided. To be fair it may have been a ploy on his part.

Again, an exciting read.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Laundry Item, 22 Dec. 2015
On recommendation bought this set to machine ash my fluffy jumpers and novelty PJs that I wanted protection f. Found they worked well and intend to use regularly for say socks which always seem to stick to sides.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiral Dairy with Cute Owls, 22 Dec. 2015
This type of spiral diary is a must have yearly purchase. The owl cover is whimsical and so cute

Zumba Fitness-Women's Outerwear WT Zumba U Hoodie Red Rev Me Up Red Size:M
Zumba Fitness-Women's Outerwear WT Zumba U Hoodie Red Rev Me Up Red Size:M

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and Comfortable, 22 Dec. 2015
I already own a couple of items from Zumba in this bright colour combination and this top proved a perfect addition for the cooler weather. After a Zumba class I feel quite warm and the mesh fabric on sleeves allowed me to cool naturally.

The Scam: (Fox & O'Hare)
The Scam: (Fox & O'Hare)

5.0 out of 5 stars More Fun from Fox and O'Hare, 18 Sept. 2015
My thanks to the publisher who provided an ARC via NetGallery in exchange for an honest review.

I have followed this series since its inception and feel that it is getting stronger as the characters are established. The authors have a winning combination in terms of styles making this a light-hearted caper novel but still with plenty of tension.

Although I am someone who prefers to read a series in order, there is enough of an introduction here that new readers won't feel lost and will probably read the earlier books while we wait for the next. Given a cliffhanger ending, I do hope they are working hard. I know I can hardly wait!

The Congregation: A Jake and Amanda Bannon Novel
The Congregation: A Jake and Amanda Bannon Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Conspiracy in Chicago, 12 Sept. 2015
honest review.

I found myself feeling quite sorry for the Bannons as every time they go on holiday it seems they end up neck deep in trouble. Here what appears a simple request to deliver a relic to a Catholic priest in Chicago means they stumble into the middle of a plot against the Church, one that not only threatens their lives but the lives of many others if it proves successful.

I was not that impressed with the pace of the first novel, <i>The Offering</i> but was glad that I decided to continue with this series because from the outset it was clear that the author had tightened up her writing style and the issue with pacing was addressed.

With appealing main characters and an interesting plot it proved a real page turner. Again, I was drawn by Amanda's struggles to come to terms with her gift/curse of clairvoyance and felt that Bombenon approached this with clarity and sensitivity . The author ended with a section exploring the themes of the novel with emphasis upon the religious aspects.

Certainly I plan to keep an eye out for further adventures for the Bannons

Smart Weigh PL11B Professional Digital Kitchen and Postal Scale with Tempered Glass Platform, Silver
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of kitchens scales, 18 Aug. 2015
Needed a pair of new kitchen scales quickly when my old ones died and this seemed from the many good reviews a good choice. I found it is doing the job very well and am pleased. Price is also very attractive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3