Profile for R. Withers > Reviews

Content by R. Withers

R. Withers (Cambridge, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Invention of Wings
The Invention of Wings
by Sue Monk Kidd

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 20 April 2015
This review is from: The Invention of Wings (Paperback)
Absolutely fantastic. Follows the story of a slaver and her 'owner'. Both stories are equally compelling and beautifully written. I couldn't put it down!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gadget for a reasonable price, 17 Jan. 2015
We absolutely love it! So easy to set up! We've used it with an android phone, ipad 2 and laptop so far and all have worked perfectly.

Really shocked by how good the image quality is - iplayer looks a million times better than it does on my much smaller laptop screen and I love that you can carry on doing something else your laptop/phone/tablet while you are watching (unlike when I used to use an HDMI cable).

Couldn't ask for more for this price!

Denman D6 Shampoo/Shower Brush
Denman D6 Shampoo/Shower Brush

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as a the alternatives, 3 Jun. 2014
I bought this brush hoping it would be a cheap alternative to the Tangle Teezer however, it is nowhere near as good! I have lots of thick hair that can be very hard to get a brush through and this brush was hopeless! My Tangle Teezer is much better both in and out of the shower.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat 13.3ml
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat 13.3ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-Have Nail Product!, 5 Jun. 2013
It always seems to take ages for my nails to dry and I'm normally seem to end up with messy, smudged nails with duvet print on them. This product means that this problem never happens to me anymore!

It really does dry your nails quickly and even better, if you've painted the nail slightly messily or got a finger print on you varnish or something, Insta-Dri smooths it out.

The only thing I would say is that I don't know if it makes your manicure much longer than if you hadn't used a top coat, but then my nails seem to chip very quickly anyway.

Mollie Makes Christmas: Living and Loving a Handmade Christmas
Mollie Makes Christmas: Living and Loving a Handmade Christmas
by Mollie Makes

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Stylish and Cute Book, 18 Jan. 2013
Absolutely love this book so was very surprised to see some of the negative reviews on here. All the projects are really on trend and achievable. The book is really gorgeous with lots of lovely Christmas prints and pictures. All the templates for the projects are provided which means you can create items that look like those in the book. It is worth mentioning that a number of the projects involve knitting or crocheting so if you're a yarn fan, this might not be the book for you.

Tiny Sunbirds Far Away
Tiny Sunbirds Far Away

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 17 Dec. 2012
Can't recommend this book enough! I love a novel where you are completely transported to another place and this is exactly what this delivers! I read Tiny Sunbirds over 8 months ago but I still think about it regularly.

Amigurumi Animal Friends
Amigurumi Animal Friends
by Michele Wilcox

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Easy!, 17 Dec. 2012
Such a great book! I started knitting these patterns when I was just beginning to learn to knit and they were very easy to pick up - and the toys I made actually look like the ones in the book!

Couldn't recommend it enough!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gel Case Cover Skin For Samsung Tocco Lite S5230 / Green
Gel Case Cover Skin For Samsung Tocco Lite S5230 / Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 11 Dec. 2012
Bought this for my Mum's Tocco Lite as her back cover keeps falling off. It fits the phone nicely and is soft enough to easily get on and off but not so soft that it might fall off.

The colour of the case in the photo is probably true to life, the photo is maybe a little brighter but not much.

Great price for this item :)

Big Brain Academy (Wii)
Big Brain Academy (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all the family, 18 Jan. 2008
I bought this for my Mum after she'd become addicted to Brain Training on my DS. We both love it - she's 50 and I'm 19. The different difficulty levels means that it's also great for younger players - from the age of about 10.

It's more friendly and cute than Brain Training and it also has a bit more variety which is great. It's good to play on your own but really fun to challenge someone else in a mind sprint.

My only criticism might be that there's a bit too much talking but it doesn't bother me that much.

It's definitly well worth the money.

Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Dynamo Creations

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this game!!!, 12 Nov. 2007
I bought this game at the same time I got my DS and it is TOTALLY addictive!!! It's simple really - it's set in real time (it gets dark at night time and stars and the moon appear in the top screen) and you just potter about fishing, catching bugs and digging up fossils but you find yourself playing every day, wanting to know if there's any new furniture for sale in Tom Nook's store or seeing if you can catch a new expensive fish. You also get to decorate your house and fill it with fun furniture.

It's sort of like the Sims but without the stress of a job or having to shower, eat and go to the toilet all the time - and it's much cuter!

I was a bit worried it might be for younger people but I'm 19 and I love it, as does my 11 year old brother.

Overall, a great and totally addictive game!!!

Page: 1 | 2