Profile for Kindledays > Reviews

Cat Mate Microchip Cat Flap
Cat Mate Microchip Cat Flap
Offered by Pettec

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, and slightly bigger than some, 30 Mar. 2016
Simple to install and works brilliantly and is a little bigger than some other microchip catflaps so better for our enormous moggy.

Osmo UV Protection Oil 429 Natural Extra (Exterior) 0.75ltr
Osmo UV Protection Oil 429 Natural Extra (Exterior) 0.75ltr
Offered by Kitchener Flooring LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Maintains the colour of the wood without darkening., 30 Mar. 2016
After a lot of research I bought this to maintain the 'contemporary pale oak' appearance of our new oak front door. it was easy to apply and quick drying and the effect is exactly what I wanted. Very happy!

The Girl in the Red Coat
The Girl in the Red Coat
by Kate Hamer

5.0 out of 5 stars A spellbinding story, 30 Mar. 2016
Beautifully written and a spellbinding story, I didn't want to stop reading from start to finish. I wish it had been longer, continued the story a little bit further than the slightly abrupt ending which took me by surprise - I was so engrossed I wanted to know more. A sequel, perhaps?! Overall a brilliant read with engaging characters whose relationships were so beautifully portrayed I felt I knew them.

Luckies Scratch Map Personalised World Map
Luckies Scratch Map Personalised World Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this map!, 21 Mar. 2016
Great idea, we've bought three now, one for us and two as presents.

TRESemme 5542DU 2200 W Power Dryer
TRESemme 5542DU 2200 W Power Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, powerful and good value, 21 Mar. 2016
Lightweight, powerful and very good value. I've since bought another for my daughter.

Cod Liver Oil Capsules 1000mg | 360 Capsules | Cod Liver Oil High Strength | One Year Supply | UK Manufactured | Transforme...
Offered by Transforme

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and I think they make a difference, 21 Mar. 2016
Extremely good value and I think they are doing me and my husband good, so we will be ordering again when these run out.

SECHE VITE DRY FAST TOP COAT (14ml)
SECHE VITE DRY FAST TOP COAT (14ml)
Offered by Best - Beauty - Products

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed., 21 Mar. 2016
This was meant to 'flow evenly across the wet nail and dry in an instant'. Well it didn't, it glooped and took ages to dry, so was not as I expected. I gave it two stars instead of one because once it finally dried it did have a lovely glossy finish, but I'd have been better off without it because by that time it had smudged.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2016 8:46 PM BST

The Mallaig Link
The Mallaig Link

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story-telling, and an engaging new detective!, 18 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Mallaig Link (Kindle Edition)
Jackson Brodie, Cormoran Strike, move along now; Gavin Mckay's my favourite new detective!

But it's not just McKay, there are other great characters in this novel and I was seduced right from the first few pages, I think by the author's assured writing and easy familiarity with the characters, so that I felt I knew them straight off too, like being introduced by a friend. That's some enchantment, to mesmerise a reader like that.

Set in the west coast of Scotland, a stunning and dramatic backdrop which added to the sense of mounting drama and intrigue, and Devon (which I love) what really stood out for me (other than it being extremely well-written) is what a genuinely terrific story this is. An engrossing mystery story, highly recommended and I hope the author writes more books featuring McKay.

A Whole Lot
A Whole Lot

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary, tender, surprising, 16 Feb. 2016
This review is from: A Whole Lot (Kindle Edition)
This book made a tremendous impact on me. The vivid portrayal of Pigpie (and her gaucy thighs) is something I will never forget. The author's gift for inventive descriptions stunned me – ‘Marlboro exhaust billowed from her lips” - but this story is filled with wonderfully original observations, too many to mention really but I wanted to say anyway.

At times the energy here took my breath away. What characters I met, tender and true and extraordinary. I don’t analyse books – I don’t know how to - but I do know what I like, and I know excellent writing when I see it. And creative genius in its many guises. Which is what this is, to my mind - a work of genius. I loved it.

All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See
by Anthony Doerr

5.0 out of 5 stars An exceptional novel, 23 Jan. 2016
An extraordinary, beautifully written novel, one I will remember for ever.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6