Profile for CJ Hakes > Reviews

Content by CJ Hakes

CJ Hakes (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Good looking and warm

RAVPower 2600mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 with NFC
RAVPower 2600mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 with NFC
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a huge difference. I only have to charge ..., 21 Jun. 2016
Made a huge difference. I only have to charge it about every other day or every three days, where I was charging the original battery morning and night!

Tenn Well Secure Sleeve -RFID Blocking Sleeves Credit Card Debit Card ID & Passport Protector(10 Credit Card Sleeves & 2 Passport Sleeves)
Offered by T&H Store

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure it does what it is supposed to do ..., 21 Jun. 2016
I'm sure it does what it is supposed to do, but the credit card holders don't really fit in the slots in any of my wallets. The passport holder is okay but it was a real effort to get it out then in then out then in, etc. for the last flight I took. They all ended up in the bottom drawer. I might use them again but only if I'm going somewhere I feel they may be critically needed.

The Revolution From Within
The Revolution From Within
by Gloria Steinem

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this once before and really liked it. That was in hardback, 21 Jun. 2016
Read this once before and really liked it. That was in hardback. This is in paperback and the text literally goes from page side to page side. Almost no margin and dense text so very hard to read. I would suggest to anyone who wants this, and it IS a classic, to get a hardback or at least a trade paperback.

Steinbeck John : Working Days
Steinbeck John : Working Days
by John Steinbeck

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 21 Jun. 2016
Not as exciting as I thought it would be but interesting nonetheless.

madato AC Adapter Battery Charger For HP ENVY x360 15-u010dx 15-u011dx Convertible PC

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it a battery charger or a power supply?, 21 Jun. 2016
Just received this, so the jury's still out on how useful it will be. I actually thought I was just ordering a replacement mains cable but the description of this product says it's a "battery charger" so ???? It also says "LED charging indication Intelligent IC chip" but I see no LED indicator.. It also has a very strange warning on the side:
"WARNING: This device may not cause harmful interference and this device must accept any interference received including interference that may cause undesired operation".
I find that a bit disconcerting but I'm trying it out anyway. It's "Made in China" so maybe it's a matter of failed translation from Chinese to English. Hope so..

Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker Power Bank is POWER!, 17 Jun. 2016
Best little accessory! I've had this for a few months now and have charged several devices but it still shows a full charge. It's small enough to fit in my handbag or pocket and lightweight. Carrying it means I'll never get caught out with a too-low battery on my phone or Kindle or whatever. I can't recommend it enough!

Vanishing Grace: What Ever Happened to the Good News?
Vanishing Grace: What Ever Happened to the Good News?
by Philip Yancey

5.0 out of 5 stars I like all of Philip Yancey's books, 31 Dec. 2015
This is one of those books that almost has "life-changing" qualities. Of course, I like all of Philip Yancey's books, but this one is so relevant to our everyday situations that it really hits home. I liked it so much I ordered a copy for our vicar!

Acer Aspire E3-112 11.6-inch Notebook (Blue) - (Intel Celeron N2840 2.16GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not the fastest PC but it's lightweight to carry and it's good enough. I take it everywhere and it's much ..., 31 Dec. 2015
My little workhorse. It's not the fastest PC but it's lightweight to carry and it's good enough. I take it everywhere and it's much handier than a tablet, especially when I use a large PC at home and need to transfer things to this laptop notebook. I've found that transferring between a PC and Android tablet is not always satisfactory, so this --- being a Windows-based system -- is much more reliable and a good choice.

Prym Jumbo Base Model Click Box
Prym Jumbo Base Model Click Box
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I really do love this item, 31 Dec. 2015
I really do love this item. I ordered the base set plus one supplement tray. My only criticism is that the latches tend to break easily. I've broken one but it still closes.... just have to be very careful when transporting it. When I'm not transporting it, I use it for my sewing supplies in my studio and the broken latch isn't so critical there. I think Prym could come up with a better design, but I've had the same problem with other similar products, like Artbin, etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9