Profile for Steve Anderson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Flymo Contour XT Cordless Battery Grass Trimmer and Edger 18 V - 25 cm
Flymo Contour XT Cordless Battery Grass Trimmer and Edger 18 V - 25 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Flymo Cordless Battery Grass Strimmer, 16 Sept. 2017
As an "older user" I find this perfect for my needs as I can stand upright, legs apart and use it comfortably. It take a short while to understand how it works best, for example you need to press both the handle and the lever to get it going but can then let go of the lever for a more comfortable hand grip. The only drawback I found was the battery power time. Shorter than expected and it takes a hefty five full hours to recharge it again completely. I resolved this situation by buying two extra battery packs so I can do the strimming job all in one go rather than having to come back on a different day to finish off. The nylon cord works well but you do need to keep an eye on whether you've actually snapped it off completely. For safety's sake I always remove the battery when tampering with or resetting the line - and always use goggles and stout wellies when actually using the appliance. A very nice piece of kit.

Breville VKJ890 Colour Collection Kettle, 1.7 Litre, 3000W, Cream
Breville VKJ890 Colour Collection Kettle, 1.7 Litre, 3000W, Cream
Offered by unique shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville VKJ890 Cream coloured Kettle, 16 Sept. 2017
This has been in service now for about a month. I never take the lid off to fill it. I carefully run fresh cold water in via the spout which is wide enough to do the job. The kettle boils quickly. I forget the specification for it now but it's "fast"! The handle is great and never gets hot when steam is present. All in all, a very smart and - so far - reliable product. Highly delighted.

Caddy Spoon
Caddy Spoon
Offered by Nothing but Tea Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel Caddy Spoon, 27 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Caddy Spoon (Misc.)
Great little item. I've got three for myself and have just ordered two more as small gifts for friends. Need I say more?

KONG Premium Catnip 2 oz.
KONG Premium Catnip 2 oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kong Kitty Catnip Delight, 27 Sept. 2016
This review is from: KONG Premium Catnip 2 oz. (Misc.)
BE WARNED!!! Your cat will LOVE you for EVER if you treat him or her to this product!
This is an extremely potent and first class product. I was nicely surprised by the large size of the plastic jar which is absolutely packed to the very top. Excellent value for money there too.
Open the lid and the catnip smells wonderful but what to do with it to present it to ones salivating kitty?

Well in my case I spooned a generous half dozen spoonfuls into a clean sock specially donated for the job and knotted off the ankle end. I then offered it to Noggin, my ginger tabby who immediately started kneading and purring over it in wild delight.
I have since filled a second sock so he can have one permanently on his night bed and another on his favourite evening snoozing spot.
I keep the jar lid very firmly closed and out of his way as there is plenty more for him to enjoy once the scent from his first make has subsided.
VERY highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2016 1:58 PM BST

Southcliffe [DVD]
Southcliffe [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rory Kinnear

5.0 out of 5 stars Southcliffee [DVD], 27 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Southcliffe [DVD] (DVD)
Written by Tony Grisoni and Directed by Sean Durkin, this is an extremely intense and dark, made for television drama.
Just as it should be given the storyline is about a serial killer.
The three part mini-series takes you on a roller coaster ride from a few days before the event, the killing spree itself and then after, following the different people and their different outcomes.
Sean Harris [Jamaica Inn] as the killer is suitably creepy, methodical and calculating. Rory Kinnear plays the TV journalist dispatched to the scene, which happens to be where he was brought up as a child. This then adds an extra twist to proceedings in the form of flashbacks and time distortions.
The superb Shirley Henderson [lead in the surreal film Frozen, not the animated one], is fantastic as a stressed social worker, Eddie Marsan as her husband is great and Anatol Yusef as a detached publican also turns in a great performance. Not listed on the box credits is Joe Dempsie [Game of Thrones]. He is superb as a returning war hero. Every one of them have a special part to play and without doubt this is a stellar cast.
I'm just watching it for the second time. In between watching it before and now it had me going over and over the events again and again.
Highly watchable and VERY highly recommended.

Faringdon 23cm Spout Brush
Faringdon 23cm Spout Brush
Offered by AP Motor Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This One NOT The Akord One!!!, 27 Sept. 2016
Absolutely superb little brush. It arrived by post the day after ordering. When I got it the bristles were all lying flat. I fluffed them up a bit and within an hour they had warmed in the heat of my kitchen into the circular bristle brush in the picture.
Perfect for the intended job. Very happy customer. Thank you.

AKORD Bottle/Kitchen Kettle Spout Teapot Nozzle Cleaning Brush, Stainless-Steel, White, Set of 4
Offered by Clest F&H

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended By Me - Sorry, 27 Sept. 2016
I wanted to love this item but despite a nudge in an email to AKORD it never arrived...it still hasn't. I was told in the email by the Akord person I should wait a bit longer "or go somewhere local and buy one over the counter".

In the end I bought the Faringdon 22cm Spout Brush by Swift - which arrived the FOLLOWING DAY and is superb to use.

Akord - you can keep the 57 pence with my compliments, I ain't that hard up!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2017 7:29 PM BST

Soft Black Genuine Leather Credit Card Holder Wallet With Removable plastic Sleeves (Black)
Offered by WALLETS KING

3.0 out of 5 stars Back To The Design Drawing Board Credit Card Holder, 27 Sept. 2016
I nearly liked this very much however the snap closing on the gorgeous leather of the holder turned out to be too bulky for my pocket so I transferred the inner plastic card holders to my previous card holder and set this holder to one side.
Unfortunately the plastic card holders, while nicely designed with a hole in the centre for easy extraction of cards for pin machines, I kept finding I could never easily return the card to the holder without a struggle.
In the end I took scissors to the top of one side of the inner sleeve of the most used one and made one side smaller than the other.
Voila! Problem solved...sort of...
Anyone want the other outer leather holder? No, I thought not!

Whitefurze 10L Watering Can - Green
Whitefurze 10L Watering Can - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Big 10L Green Watering Can, 27 Sept. 2016
Fab design and size. I bought two of these in the end. Superb!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money on this one, 27 Sept. 2016
While the weed killer is superb [it definitely did the job], the pump dispenser is highly exhausting as you need to keep pumping and pumping in order to keep the poison spraying. Sorry, I really can't recommend this one. In the end I dumped the pump and used an old watering can to sprinkle the poison where I needed it. Trouble was, the poison ran out before I finished spraying all the weeds...dohhh!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2016 6:54 PM BST