Profile for Lisa Mulcahy > Reviews

Content by Lisa Mulcahy

Lisa Mulcahy

Kenley Garden Landscape Weed Control Fabric - Heavy Duty 100GSM Geotextile - 1M x 100M
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

3.0 out of 5 stars heavy grade - maybe too thick for plant landscaping - water/rain seems to run straight off it!, 27 Dec. 2013
Possibly a bit thick - water / rain seems to run off it - don't know how much water gets absorbed by the plants. Its fine for under driveways or patios if you don't want weeds to come through.

Planetary Ayurvedics Full Spectrum Ashwagandha (570mg, 120 tablets)
Planetary Ayurvedics Full Spectrum Ashwagandha (570mg, 120 tablets)
Offered by Nature's Remedies

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality tablets and excellent price - but took an eternity to arrive!, 27 Dec. 2013
This product is recommended by ayurvedic practitioners for strength and to tone the nerves. It is also said that they can help regulate adrenal function ( your stress gland). Definitely has benefits - you wont in anyway feel sedated though. These are good quality tablets and I seemed to benefit more from these than the Ashwagandha tincture I tried previously. Energy definitely improved and feel a bit stronger after long term stress and 2 berevements. The price was exceptionally good for the quantity provided. Only downside is they took an eternity to arrive as I didn't realise they were coming from the Bahamas. ( took about 3 weeks I think) but if you're in no hurry that's fine.

A Pukka Life
A Pukka Life
by Sebastian Pole

5.0 out of 5 stars I love everything about this book!!, 22 July 2013
This review is from: A Pukka Life (Hardcover)
I love this book! I love the content, the intent, the pictures, the wisdom..... there is nothing I don't like about it. This is a truly 'Holistic' book. It is written in a beautifully simplistic way which is easy to understand. Its not just about ayurvedic nutrition. It encompasses constitution, nutrition, yoga ,meditation, herbs. lifestyle etc. If any of this is not your thing then this book won't be for you. If like me and many others you believe health is sooo much more than popping pills given to you by your doctor then you will love this book.
Ayurveda basically involves the belief that there a 3 different constitutions. Each of us will usually have one domineering "dosha", but we can be a mixture of all 3. This book aims to help you identify which dosha you are, and if you are imbalanced in a dosha use nutrition to re-balance. For example if you are a cold person it makes sense to add warming foods and herbs to your diet ie ginger, cloves etc. It also recommends specific yogic postures to help you, and any meditations or mantras.
You can take from it what you want. I will take all of it because I love it - and feel better for it.
I have slightly altered the foods I eat and incorporated some herbs and feel so much better after a few weeks. I also suffer with painful periods to the point of being sick and feeling like i'm going to pass out. But after just 2 or 3 weeks of slight changes my period came and went and I barely noticed. My strength and energy has improved as well.
If you are interested in Ayurveda you wont go wrong with this book -It's lush.