Profile for asc99c > Reviews

asc99c (England)

Sony Walkman NWZ-W262 W262BLK 2GB Wearable Water Resistant MP3 Player, BLACK
Sony Walkman NWZ-W262 W262BLK 2GB Wearable Water Resistant MP3 Player, BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived the washing machine, 9 July 2013
I rarely review products, but after last night I'm going to make an exception. Was moving my gym towel from the washing machine to the dryer, when I noticed a big lump inside, and found my MP3 player zipped inside the pocket. Thought it would be toast, as it had been on hot wash and fast spin cycle. But no, it appears to be completely unaffected by the ordeal.

I've had this player for over a year now, it's been dropped a few times, and run over by a bike, and now gone through the wash and the only effect is it looks clean and shiny and good as new!

Still lasts a couple of months between charges (used for ~30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week). Great product.

Apple Dock to USB Cable for iPhone (MA591G/A)
Apple Dock to USB Cable for iPhone (MA591G/A)

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not genuine, 19 April 2013
Cheap rubbish, very definitely not genuine Apple.

The cable weighs nothing, barely fits, has no release switches, and the data part doesn't work.

It does charge the iPod but that is it.

Pair & Go PS3 Quad Charger & USB Hub (PS3)
Pair & Go PS3 Quad Charger & USB Hub (PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work as advertised, 1 Oct. 2010
As another user has also reported, this doesn't charge the controllers unless it's plugged in to a powered-on PS3. Which makes it fairly useless. It also feels fairly flimsy; it hasn't broken, but I've only had it for a day and I'm already arranging a return.

The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower #1)
The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower #1)
by Stephen King

4.0 out of 5 stars Look forward to a series that gets better with age, 7 Jan. 2002
The Gunslinger is the first part of the excellent Dark Tower series. Alone it isn't the best book by Stephen King I have ever read - the style is very unlike his modern books, and changes somewhat through the book. We are introduced to Roland of Gilead, the last gunslinger, who is the main character of the series. By the second book, this story had become one of the most intriguing I have read, and the third book improves even further. I am now beginning the fourth installment eagerly.

Raft
Raft
by Stephen Baxter

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent read but should have stuck to hard-SF more, 7 Jan. 2002
This review is from: Raft (Paperback)
While this book is one of the most imaginative I have read, I felt it had a lot of faults. The character development felt tacked on to the very good science fiction elements of the story. Unfortunately this book also lacks the immensely grand scale of the other Xeelee sequence books (I started by reading Vacuum diagrams), and isn't really too relevant to the rest of the series, so I wouldn't recommend it as the introduction to this otherwise good series of books.

In Search Of Schrodinger's Cat: Updated Edition
In Search Of Schrodinger's Cat: Updated Edition
by John Gribbin

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction for scientifically minded, 15 July 2001
I bought this book having heard conflicting reviews on whether it was too complicated for the average reader without a scientific background, such as might read A Brief History of Time, or whether it was too easy for those with some science and maths training. As the first book I've read on the subject, it was a good read about the history and basic principles, but I'd have preferred more detail on some aspects, and for it to be more complicated so that I'd have finished with a greater understanding of quantum physics (if that makes sense!) A good read if you want to skim the surface of the subject, but I'll be reading something else to get into the proper maths and equations of the subject.