Profile for P. Greenwood > Reviews

Content by P. Greenwood

P. Greenwood "greenfillwood" (Wiltshire United Kingdom)

The 3 + 1 Plan: The Insider's Way to Achieve Financial Freedom with Just 4 Properties
by Brett Alegre-Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written pageturner, 12 Sept. 2010
I read this book in one sitting (which I never do) and found it well written and thankfully absent of hype.

I can't believe that some people say they have read the book and complain that the title is misleading. Guys, if you read the text properly you'll see that the 'goal' is to achieve 3 properties in addition to your own - all paid off by the time you retire. This will provide you with the income you'll need to compensate for the rubbish pensions most of us will be looking to live on. The way this is achieved is to buy and operate 10+ properties and as their value and rents increase (according to the 7-10 years rule), you re-mortgage in increments to pay off the 3+1 properties you are concentrating on. Simples!

At the moment we are going through a stagnant period in property growth (due to the greedy banks mostly), so the vision is difficult to see - but the one's in the know are buying now while the prices are low.

This book is not a get rich quick scheme for lazy people, and I have used the principles including using 'other peoples money' and 'other peoples time' to great effect - so it works. I spend about 10 minutes a month keeping records up to date and sleep well.

I'm glad that there are people who are sceptics and risk averse, because it paves the way for others to capitalise.

I recommend this book wholeheartedly.

Epson Stylus DX8400 All-in-One Printer
Epson Stylus DX8400 All-in-One Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bang for the buck., 6 Dec. 2008
I bought this all in one to replace the ageing CX3200 which just died, but only after about 4 years hard work.

I have had no trouble with this at all - easy to set up with user friendly software. I am using Aldi's compatible carts and I don't have a hint of the infuriating blocked jet problems I had with the old printer. I find all the features great and easy to use. It does use quite a lot of ink, but who cares when compatible carts are so cheap and work fine.

I can't believe people are criticising Epson not wanting to look at the printers when they have compatible carts installed - what do you expect? Epson sell their printers at below cost price, then make up the profit on carts. All manufacturers do it - it's the way of the world; so they're not going to embrace you if you have other carts installed, are they? The other thing from their point of view is that they have no control over quality of compatibles, which really can cause damage. As the printers are so cheap, I personally don't mind risking it.

I think it's a good idea that the printer stops when one of the carts needs changing as it prevents the ink track drying up by further use. the old CX3200 did this too, but did give you the option to carry on - which I did - and on reflection caused by blocked jet problems I recon. No problem on this one though.

Pros. Excellent dependable service, straight forward software which works! Quick scanner warm up, no complaints. Keep a spare set of carts and you'll be fine.

Cons. Bit noisy, makes you jump when it bursts into life.

Overall. Well satisfied.

The Eighth Child
The Eighth Child
by Michael Hillier

5.0 out of 5 stars I was hooked immediately by this novel., 24 May 2007
This review is from: The Eighth Child (Paperback)
This review was writted by my mother Betty Greenwood and is posted on her behalf as she does not have internet access.

The narrative starts off with a horrific event when the Alan Brading's young French wife of two years is shot dead in a London street by his side. Though his father-in-law, Charles Limosin supports him through the early months of despair, eventually anger propels him to seek answers for the crime and revenge. The trail leads to events of the Second World War, the French Resistance Movement and of honour and betrayal.

It is an extraordinary `page-turner' and I stayed up until 4 o'clock in the morning to finish it. A very good read. Let's have many more.

Betty Greenwood, Wiltshire

Love Is Here
Love Is Here
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm., 13 Jun. 2002
This review is from: Love Is Here (Audio CD)
Well, I was introduced to this as a recommended buy whilst I was ordering a truly magnificent album, Zero 7 - Simple things.
I'm afraid I can't say the same for Love is Here. The music is quite accomplished if not a bit monotonous, but the vocalist! He has such an irritating voice!! I recon this band would be quite good if the headed it up with someone who has a pleasing voice to listen to.
The music had a kind of psychedelic 70's feel, and it's nice to hear acoustic guitar for a change. I'm sorry to say that it's one of the few CD's I regret buying.