Profile for Elias Kostopoulos > Reviews

Content by Elias Kostopoulos

Elias Kostopoulos (Athens, Greece)

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung Galaxy SIII UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Pebble Blue (16GB) - Discontinued by manufacturer
Offered by NextDayPhoneShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Ergonomics, 15 Jun. 2012
I received my "pebble blue" S3 yesterday. Impressions so far:

The design is beautiful and the slate blue colour looks stunning. Even though the screen is undoubtedly big, the phone will still fit well into the hands of most people because the ergonomics are excellent. It is thin, light, and not too slippery.
Samsung did a good job customising the software, so the graphics look nice and there are many useful features. The phone is incredibly fast and every app runs smoothly and seamlessly. The only faster phone I have used so far was the HTC One S (even though it is dual core) by a marginal difference.
Web browsing is fast and comparable to desktop standards.
I have turned off most of the gimmicks (S voice, eye detection, etc) and the battery level is still at 70% after one day. Not bad at all.
I would like to see more widgets and live wallpapers pr-einstalled, but play store can make up for that.

Overall, very happy with my purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2012 3:53 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 April 2011
I must admit that I was reluctant to buy this phone because of some bad reviews regarding its build quality.
However, the moment I opened the box and held it in my hands it all disappeared.
True, it lacks the solid aluminium body or full glass case of other premium handsets, but it is still very attractive, feels solid and the fact that it is so light (only 117g) despite its 4 inch screen and capabilities makes it a technological marvel in my opinion.
The AMOLED screen is the best I have ever used (and being an ex Vodafone employee I have used many devices, believe me). True blacks, bright and crisp colours and excellent responsiveness, all protected by very stong and scratch resistant Gorilla Glass.
I have not upgraded to Gingerbread (Android 2.3) yet, but even with 2.2 the performance and speed is amazing. It has never crashed so far and every app I have installed from the android market works very well without incompatibilities.
Audio quality is very good, ample storage space out of the box, and the battery life is very decent, despite the needs of the 4 inch screen.
The only thing missing in my opinion is a led indicator to alerm me about missed calls, etc. The lack of a dedicated camera button is no big deal for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2011 9:45 AM BST

Yamaha DGX640C Digital Piano
Yamaha DGX640C Digital Piano

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 31 Dec. 2010
I bought a DGX640C 2 weeks ago, below are my impressions so far:

Strengths:
- Well built, quality looks and feels good.
- Very realistic piano keys feel and response.
- A plethora of available voices and functions, usually found in much more expensive models.
- Modern and unique appearance, subject to personal taste of course.
- The church organ sound (a personal favourite since I am a big J.S.Bach fan) is absolutely awesome.
- Split/Dual voice capability.
- Very realistic Saxophone, Guitar, Flute, organ and many other voices.

Weaknesses:
- Piano volume is a bit low, even when set at maximum. This is not the case with other voices .
The use of an external amplifier or headphones helps a lot.
- The "default" piano voice (Live Grand) is a bit dull. However, changing the equaliser settings can improve it.
The other piano voices are good.
- Lack of dedicated midi-out (you have to use the USB port).
- The sheet rest is a bit ugly.

In general, I am satisfied with my purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2013 11:54 PM BST

Samsung Galaxy Tab Stand Case [Electronics]
Samsung Galaxy Tab Stand Case [Electronics]

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Good, 10 Dec. 2010
Good quality leather, the tab looks very good in it and is well protected from accidental falls, etc.
A (minor) problem is that the case partly obstructs the camera and the front buttons.

A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding In Your Mind-Volume 2 - Pagan Love Vibrations Compiled and Mixed by The Amorphous Androgynous
Offered by monahan7500

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as volume 1, but still worth buying., 7 Oct. 2009
I must admit I was expecting more, having spent many hours repeatedly listening to Volume 1. I was hoping that volume 2 would follow a different direction, combining psychedelia from the 60's-70's with more electronic elements.
This compilation lacks the energy of volume one, instead it focuses on slower songs clearly influenced by the "flower-power" movement. Not my bread & butter but still good. It does however include some pleasant surprises, like "The Pulse" by Holy F***.
Overall, it is a very good compilation. The reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because I have to give a higher rating to volume 1, which I absolutely love.

Twilight: Twilight, Book 1: 1/4 (Twilight Saga)
Twilight: Twilight, Book 1: 1/4 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy beyond belief, 17 July 2009
My wife bought this book after it was recommended to her by a friend. I tried reading it to see what the fuzz is all about, but did not bother reading beyond the first 2 chapters.
It is a ridiculously cheesy teenage love story full of cliches and predictable lines. Whether this is some new trend of "emo" literature, I don't know, but I hope it won't last because it is dreadfully boring. Not even good for airport reading. By the way, my wife dropped it too.
I give it 1 star because there is no option for anything less.

New Moon (Twilight Saga)
New Moon (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy beyond belief, 17 July 2009

Funberry Farm Nursery and Bedroom Wall Sticker Make-Over Kit
Funberry Farm Nursery and Bedroom Wall Sticker Make-Over Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 9 Jun. 2009
I just finished painting and decorating a room with the Funberry Farm stickers, and the result is even better than I expected.
The stickers are of good quality and the room now looks fantastic.
Highly recommended.

A Hideous Beauty (Kingdom Wars Series #1)
A Hideous Beauty (Kingdom Wars Series #1)
by Jack Cavanaugh

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away, 11 Sept. 2008
This is probably one of the worst books I have ever read.
A pseudo-theological "thriller", written in a totally childish manner which reminded me of the essays we used to write in primary school.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2010 9:50 AM BST

Iron Angel: The Deepgate Codex: Volume II
Iron Angel: The Deepgate Codex: Volume II
by Alan Campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars It is getting there..., 25 Aug. 2008
In my opition, the best thing about the 2nd book is the limited appearance of Dill!. I found Iron Angel better than Scar Night because the author finally decided to include some action rather than fill pages with endless descriptions of everything.
Some interesting characters make an entrance, such as John Anchor, Alice Harper and Hasp, which was a pleasant surprise, as in the 1st book the only ones that got my attention were Rachel Hael and Cardinal. I simply did not care about the rest of them.
One thing that annoys me is the way "Gods" are basically nothing more than strong humans with wings. It just doesn't correspond to all their past deeds, the worlds they are supposed to have created, etc.
Overall, the book is quite nice and Campbell's world is now becoming more complete and convincing.

Page: 1 | 2