Profile for Max > Reviews

Content by Max

Max (ROI)

iBoutique Retractable IB-FD-USB2-32G-BLK 32GB USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive - Jet Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value 32GB Flash Drive Online., 10 April 2012
I very seldom write a review, but I felt compelled to by this little device.
It works perfect, feels sturdy, is well-designed and has a nice soft touch feel to it.
I was shocked after seeing the prices of other flash drives after finding this one.
Its does everything the others will do for HALF the price in some cases!
And it looked and feels nicer than some that are twice the price.
QUALITY, GREAT VALUE PRODUCT!

Misery
Misery
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Annie Wilkes is a "cockadoodie" psycho!, 16 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Misery (Paperback)
This books is one of the best I have ever read. I'm a huge fan of King, and I've read about 25 of his novels so far, but I have to say this is one of my favourites...

I read this over a period of two nights, and I literally couldn't put it down. The suspense in this book is unbelievable, and it has several shocking scenes.

The movie, in my opinion, is one of the best adaptations of any of King's books, and having seen the film long before reading the book, I thought the book would be spoiled by this... but it wasn't. There are loads of little differences in the book, and of course there are more scenes than the film, because obviously you can never fit a whole book into a movie. And there are several surprises for those that have seen the film before reading the novel, because some of the scenes you see in the film, and expect to read in the book are different, and better, and more shocking and gruesome.

After reading Misery, I have to say that Kathy Bates really deserved her oscar for playing Annie Wilkes in the movie, becasue she literally became the character. The Paul Sheldon of the novel took on his own appearance in my mind, but Kathy Bates was firmly stuck in my head as the evil nurse Annie Wilkes.

I can't praise this novel enough. In a hundred years I'm sure this will be seen as an all-time classic. King's writing is admirable, and his technique of keeping you glued to the pages is amazing and enviable.

As a final note, I think that watching the film first and thinking i knew what to expect and what was coming as i flew through the pages of the book set me up for a lot of surprises. And becasue of this, I think the novel was more frightening than it would have been if i had no idea what was going to happen, because the film kind of leads you astray in a sense, so when something that you expect happen doesnt, or is a little different, its more shocking and frightening.

I'll leave it at that.
Read this book.
You wont be disappointed.

Stealth [DVD] [2005]
Stealth [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Josh Lucas
Offered by figswigs

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Did This Movie Bomb at the Box Office???, 26 July 2007
This review is from: Stealth [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I bought this film with an open mind after hearing so many negative reviews, and after watching it I can honestly say I can't understand why this movie wasn't a box office success. I suppose there isn't much in the way of story, but the basic hook is: a new state-of-the-art fighter jet controlled only by artificial intelligence, develops a mind of its own and decides to do what it wants and not take any orders.
But aside from the fairly basic story, the action in this movie is brilliant, and there's a lot of it - and the Special FX are top-notch. So all-in-all, if your looking for a movie that will get the heart racing and the adrenaline pumping without having to use your brain too much - watch this movie. IN my opinion is was definitely worth buying for the cheap prices you can get on this site, because the action sequences are impressive enough to watch several times...
I suppose the only reason this was such an infamously huge failure at the box office was becasue it wasnt marketed and advertised properly. If people had been told exactly what this movie offers, I'm sure it would have done a lot better...
5/5.