Profile for PhilB > Reviews

Content by PhilB

PhilB "PhilB" (England)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap AND cheerful, 13 Dec. 2010
As someone elses review said ... "you can't really go wrong for seven quid".

Having said that, I did make the mistake of taking another reviewers advice and went two sizes up ... only to discover that XL was far too large for me ... but I wouldn't like to try to squeeze into anything smaller than the ones I now have (so one size bigger is the better advice). And Sports Direct sent me a freebie (a bag for life) with the first order, which I kept when I sent them back for a smaller pair, but then received another free gift (a mug) with the replacements. Most kind.

If you're wondering how to keep your legs warm on cold weather rides these are a very good place to start.

GEAR4 HouseParty 4 Speaker Dock with FM Radio for iPod
GEAR4 HouseParty 4 Speaker Dock with FM Radio for iPod

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 23 Aug. 2010
I agree with the many reviews on here that this is an excellent item ... it's very impressive how much sound, and with what quality, it can put out for the size of it!
For those who have marked down in reviews due to the lack of a DAB radio ... if you have an iPhone/iPod Touch, I can confirm that the unit performs really well with internet radio Apps, and you hear no interferance from the WiFi comms. I use the TuneIn Radio App (it only costs [...]) which allows me to listen to all the stations I would usually listen to on DAB, and hundreds/thousands more from all over the world.

Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses
Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Pair of Glasses, 15 Mar. 2010
I bought these for cycling. I've used them a few times so far and have found that they are very good. They certainly protect your eyes from the elements whilst riding, they are comfortable and stay put on your face. I've used them in some cold damp conditions and haven't had problems with them steaming up either.

They seem to sit quite high on the face (with my face & nose anyway) and leave a fair gap below the lense (so that I can see the bike & road in my downwards peripheral vision "unprotected"). For this reason I wouldn't expect them to double as general, fashion sunglasses, but they adopt just about the perfect position when you are on your bike.

The ones I got were more silver/grey coloured frames than the ones in the photo and the yellow lenses were lighter than the amber ones pictured, as another reviewer mentioned. This made no difference to me ... but other prospective purchasers might like to know. They came in/with a chunky, clear plastic case which seems useless for cycling ... it would have been better if there was some sort of soft pouch for carrying the "spare" lenses in a pocket in (in case the weather changed whilst you were out).

Altogether I have been impressed with these glasses and would recommend them.