Profile for Dog trainer (failed) > Reviews

Content by Dog trainer (f...

Dog trainer (failed) (Ireland)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
HoMedics Shiatsu Max 2.0 Deluxe Back and Shoulder Massager
HoMedics Shiatsu Max 2.0 Deluxe Back and Shoulder Massager
Offered by HoMedics Group

4.0 out of 5 stars Massage parlor ..., 22 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This took a little bit of getting used to. Not the operation of it - that is extremely straightforward, intuitive almost. No problem setting it up, no need to put it together ... just take it out of the box, unscrew the safety catch (allen key supplied), put it on a chair, plug in power lead, and you're on massage!

Choose from shiatsu circular type massage or rolling type. Different programmes in each - lower back only, upper back only, full back. You can focus on a particular bit within these programmes. In the rolling option you can increase or decrease the width between the massaging 'prods' or whatever they are called.

With any of these options you can have the heat on. There is also the option of switching on the little seating pad. This produces a pleasant vibration for your bum and upper thighs.

Initially we found the back massage could be painful in places ... it's quite forceful! And it goes no further up than the base of the nape of your neck (even though height is adjustable). It would be nice if it did the neck as well.

All in all though, we found that this is something you may initially think you won't use much, but end up using a lot. It may well benefit some with back pain, I'm not qualified to pronounce on that, but after even a short session with it, your back feels looser and more relaxed. I can assure you this is not wishful thinking, it does work in this respect.

It's too expensive for what it is, I think, but we are both fans of it. No gain without pain ... !!

G7th 2797G Performance 2 18K Gold Finish Steel String Guitar Capo
G7th 2797G Performance 2 18K Gold Finish Steel String Guitar Capo

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than worse than useless, 12 Aug. 2016
If I could give it one star I would. It comes with a puff by Richard Thompson, too. But try as you may you will not get it to clamp strongly enough. If you get a strong man to clamp it to the neck it's fine for a few minutes, then begins the buzzing and muffling as it loses its grip.

I am AMAZED that people use this contraption and enthuse about it. They must have hands with the strength of mechanical pincers, and endless patience. Back to Shubb for me.

SMART SHIELD® - Samsung Galaxy S7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector PRO, Edge to Edge 9H Hardness and Easy Bubble-Free Installation [Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by Smart Shield

5.0 out of 5 stars Protect your screen ..., 9 Aug. 2016
This is the one. Almost applies itself. No bubbles. Full screen coverage. Excellent.

Hephaestus® SPARTAN GLASS® 9H TEMPERED GLASS Anti-Scratch Shatter-Proof 90% FIT Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7
Offered by CenturionTrading

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so tight fit, 4 Aug. 2016
No, this won't do. I don't agree with the good reviews here for one simple reason: it doesn't fit the screen quite close enough. Therefore two lines occur down your screen, one at each side, and this is just intrusive and annoying. Plus, dirt and dust get underneath at these exposed edges. Seems silly to me. I wouldn't recommend it. I'm going to try elsewhere. Look at the photograph and you'll see why I think this screen saver is a waste of money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2016 11:34 PM BST

ZAGG Invisible Shield HD Dry Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7
ZAGG Invisible Shield HD Dry Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7

1.0 out of 5 stars Black magic ..., 1 Aug. 2016
Lol. A nice rip off. I take my hat off to the other reviewers. They must have the digital dexterity and sleight of hand of a great magician to fit this. A waste of money if you aren't David Blaine.

Roland AC-33: Acoustic Chorus Guitar Amplifier
Roland AC-33: Acoustic Chorus Guitar Amplifier
Offered by MusicMatter

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm better than Blind Boy Fuller ... but not as good as the pub gigging muso ..., 28 July 2016
This is brilliant for busking. Mind you, if some opera singer, with his backing tracks blasting out of a boom box and a voice loud as a mill horn, comes along and stands 20 metres from you, well, you'll have to do what I did ... pack up and go elsewhere.

It's meant to be an acoustic amp, but I play a National Reso-lectric through it. And it is marvellous, bringing out the 'banjo' in the resonator cone in the guitar, if you see what I mean. An amplified banjo ... my cup runneth over. Mind you, people often stop and say, That's too much like a banjo ... Well, never mind, there's an opera singer just around the corner ...

I use Ansmann rechargeable batteries in it (8 AAs), and I get hours of use from one charge. If you were playing close to full volume though, I think you'd go flat a lot sooner.

Strictly speaking it's portable. I find though that carrying it and my guitar is just about doable. For about half a mile. But then I'm an old man and I usually have my dog with me, and she pulls a bit on her lead, so get one of these (not necessarily with a dog) when you're young and fit. It weighs around 9 or 10lbs. A great carrier 'bag' is the Accucase AS-AC-130, slightly too big for the Roland, but that leaves room for bits and pieces ... and only £15.

I don't have an acoustic guitar with a pick up so I can't comment on how well it performs the task for which the amp is actually made, but going on how well it does whatever I ask of it, I imagine it would be the perfect thing for bringing out the best in an acoustic. And you could use it to perform in a not too noisy venue.

I thank the other reviewers who pointed out how good it is for busking. I might never have discovered that otherwise.
My only complaint is that I sit when I play, and my guitar lead is short, so the amp is quite close and I sometimes get quite loud feedback. This happens, for whatever reason, mostly when I'm busking. Perhaps someone will tell me how to cure this (without advising me to stop busking ... I've heard all the 'jokes' by now).

The other downside, strangely, is that this amp is very well known to the busker's greatest torture ... yes, the pub gigging muso. Wherever you play, these maestros find you, and are drawn inevitably to the well respected amp and my beautiful National. It is hard for these undiscovered Claptons to listen to such a wonderful instrument being played as ineptly as only a busker like me can. Their faces say it all: wonderful guitar, great amp, but you are crap ... ! I inwardly sympathise with them and hope they will leave it at that. Mostly they do. But the odd underrated superstar among them cracks and says something ... you're doing ok (ie god, you are terrible) ... just a little out (ie you can't even tune it) ... I've never played a National, can I just do a quick piece on it (ie I'm going to show people how wasted that guitar is on you) ... and so on. I have found that the best response to these could-have-beens is maximum effing off instantaneously. It's not my fault that no one in the pub listens to them after the first drink ...

Other than that, it's five stars for this fantastic amp.

Silentnight Hotel Collection Duvet, Microfibre, White, Double, 10.5 tog
Silentnight Hotel Collection Duvet, Microfibre, White, Double, 10.5 tog

4.0 out of 5 stars You say duvet, I say continental quilt ..., 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My partner's son has tried this out, and when I asked him what he thought he resorted to hyperbole. Hence: What can I say, great duvet. It's incredibly fluffy and feels like sleeping on top of and under a cloud.

I've used similar duvets in the past, but this one is great! The 10.5 tog Keeps you warm when it's cold and when it's hot it's still breathable. Price is a little steep, but worth it for the comfort.

Highly recommend and will be purchasing from Silentnight in the future.

Deducting one star because of the price.

MixSonic 1 Amplified LAN Ready Sound Mixer (PS4/Xbox 360/PS3/PC DVD/Mac)
MixSonic 1 Amplified LAN Ready Sound Mixer (PS4/Xbox 360/PS3/PC DVD/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 25 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My partner's son has been using the MixSonic 1 on both his PC and his Xbox One and has found it to be particularly useful on the xbox one.

Designed for lower quality headsets, it allows you to amplify both the game sound and the chat sound, and adjust levels independently of one another.  This is what the product is designed to do and it does it well.

It's pretty easy to set up, once you work out which cable is which and definitely improves audio on the xbox.

It is not really necessary for the PC if you have a good audio set up already though. He has a great USB headset for his PC and all the MixSonic does is make everything far too loud.

For what it does though, it's absolutely brilliant at it and if you need to improve your audio output on a console or haven't got the best set up on your PC, its definitely worth a buy.

Levivo Silicone Sheet Cake/Pizza Crust Baking Tray / Silicone Cake Pan 31.5 x 25.5 cm, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Up, up and a tray ..., 24 July 2016
I have the black one. Rigid sides, silicone middle. And this is the first plus. It is easily handled, unlike some silicone baking items, which tend to be floppy. On receipt of the tray I immediately ordered my partner to get her backside of the sofa and get some pastries made.

End result: I had to make them myself. The tray is fine. You don't get as much browning underneath your sausage rolls or whatever. And they come out evenly baked, rather than the usual variations on 'done'. Although best to stick to using it for pastry and pizza. We experimented and heated some fish on it. Didn't heat the centre of it at all. Or maybe that's our oven.

As one other reviewer points out, it's hard not to see it as a bit gimmicky. But no need for greasing or oiling. 100% non stick too. The best thing about it is it's easy to wash. No scrubbing. No soaking. No staining.

But it's still too expensive for a baking tray.

HALTI All-in-One Lead, Large, Black
HALTI All-in-One Lead, Large, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Darwin had a beloved spaniel ..., 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm giving this 5 stars. It's a great lead. Most especially for training. If your training method involves the use of both hands (clicker, say: one hand for the clicker, one for the treats) holding the lead Is a nuisance. This one you can extend the holding loop and attach it around your waist.

Most people who use this extension option will probably be joggers who 'walk' the dog while jogging. For me that is an extraordinarily inappropriate way to exercise your dog. Almost as if it was a chore, to be combined with another chore, as it were. A dog can't be a dog if it's dragged along like that. It wants to stop, sniff, investigate and so on. A walk with your dog should be an enjoyable diversion for you and your best friend, not a charge along the footpath so that you can live forever. Of course a dog will eventually get used to most things even if not their preferred option, and when given no choice; so, please, dog owners whose dogs just 'love' jogging, don't bother telling me how much they 'just love' it. You're suiting yourself, that's all. Tell you what, just don't get a dog.

If you have a big enough dog I can see that the shock absorber stretch of lead might just be useful. But essentially it seems like a bit of a gimmick.

Best thing about the lead is that by using the extendable loop handle, you can quickly tie (in my case) her to a hitching post or rail outside the local saloon. This is N Ireland, friends, and we are in a fever of political correctness here since we stopped killing each other, and if you turn up at a pub here with your dog you get an outstandingly tedious lecture from mine moronic landlord cum hygienist cum health and safety expert cum social commentator cum cultural dictator who will tell you that food is served here and that your dog will endanger lives if it crosses the threshold. Furthermore, he will inform you that it is only a matter of time until dogs are allowed only in a few designated and isolated areas in the hills somewhere, because people are fed up with them and are standing up for people's rights now. The best part of this cretinous harangue is that it comes from the very same set of profit obsessed landlords who fought tooth and nail to oppose the smoking ban.

I was in England a few weeks ago and nearly every pub I went into had dogs. Not in their kitchens mind you. So what's the problem ... ?

Anyway, time to take the beloved spaniel for her walk ...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13