Profile for Robert Carpenter > Reviews

Content by Robert Carpenter

Robert Carpenter (South Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Title
Title

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album because it's so varied in styles, 19 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Title (Audio CD)
I love this album because it's so varied in styles. She has a great voice and her songs and lyrics are brilliant. Long may she reign.

Nothing Was The Same
Nothing Was The Same

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Nothing Was The Same (Audio CD)
A great album by an under rated artist.

Their Greatest Misses [3CD Box Set]
Their Greatest Misses [3CD Box Set]

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great concept album with some great songs that should have ..., 19 Jun. 2015
It's a great concept album with some great songs that should have entered our charts but slipped through the net. It's good to hear some of these songs again and hopefully there'll be more in the pipeline.

A Way Of Life Anthology 1967-1976
A Way Of Life Anthology 1967-1976

5.0 out of 5 stars ... I know their music from the 70's and was glad to discover that Ireen Sheer's singles are also featured ..., 19 Dec. 2014
I haven't played it yet I know their music from the 70's and was glad to discover that Ireen Sheer's singles are also featured on the album an added bonus. Their fine vocal harmonies are excellent mainly ballads but still fine recordings that last forever. Ireen's bouncy offerings are totally different and I must admit I never realised she was a member till the album came out but have all their singles. Well done RPM for bringing it back for us to enjoy once more.

The Who Hits 50
The Who Hits 50
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars The new single is great as well whether it's a hit or not, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Who Hits 50 (Audio CD)
At last all the hits on one album by an incredible band from the sixties. I've even discovered other singles by them I hadn't heard of and they are top drawer as usual. The new single is great as well whether it's a hit or not. Nice to see them back.

Magix Rescue Your Vinyl & Tapes 2 (PC)
Magix Rescue Your Vinyl & Tapes 2 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars but I hope it'll be fine., 19 Dec. 2014
It's a Christmas present so obviously it hasn't been opened yet, but I hope it'll be fine.

100 Hits: 60s
100 Hits: 60s

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the idea behind these series but find it frustrating ..., 28 Nov. 2014
This review is from: 100 Hits: 60s (Audio CD)
I love the idea behind these series but find it frustrating that the rare 60's hits are frequently overlooked.
I must have so many doubles on various compilations that I rarely find what I'm looking for lately.
It was nice to see some but few new artists very rarely featured on any compilations on this and the 60's
original release. Let's see a rarities release from all era's 100 Rarities would be a first and not necessarily
hits. 100 Collectors rarities would be another good choice. Hurry up before the people who remember these
records are no longer with us to enjoy them.

20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Spanky & Our Gang
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Spanky & Our Gang
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars The summer of love is strong in this fabulous album featuring some wonderful ..., 27 Nov. 2014
The summer of love is strong in this fabulous album featuring some wonderful vocals and great harmonies.
I fully recommend this album to anyone who appreciates good singing and great music as this is for you.
Even better if you remember it.

Johnny Day
Johnny Day

5.0 out of 5 stars follow up, 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Johnny Day (MP3 Download)
It's always difficult to follow up a big hit like Sun Arise without staying with the same kind of delivery, this certainly is similar to the afore mentioned and suffered chart wise due to that but it's still a good sound.

Xscape
Xscape
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Life after death, 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Xscape (Audio CD)
It seems the legend will live on with unreleased tracks from the past. This is no exception with his brilliant delivery and standard of song writing which will have timeless attraction to his loyal fans. A must for his followers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7