Profile for Cousin Jennie > Reviews

Content by Cousin Jennie

Cousin Jennie (Plymouth, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Downton Abbey - Series 1- 6 [DVD] [2015]
Downton Abbey - Series 1- 6 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, previous reviewers!, 18 July 2016
Thank goodness for product reviews! I should've realised there'd be issues with a used item, but I was surprised when this set was not only in a flimsy card pack, and the Finale had to be bought separately, and that Windows 10 didn't have a media player, so I had to download VLC, which did work eventually. But I found a review which said the buyer had problems with the dvds until he/she cleaned them. Disc Series 5 3 would only work sporadically and it was driving me mad, but I got a radial disc cleaner and bingo! I've been able to see Lady Susan trying to ruin Lady Rose and Atticus's wedding, Denker making Andy's evenings out a misery (till Barrow sorted things out), and poor Anna being arrested, after all!

2 X Original LUVCase Amazon Kindle UK 3 Pin Mains / Wall Charger Cable Lead with Charging LED (Kindle, Kindle Touch, Touch 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD / Kindle Fire HDX, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 3 / 3G, Kindle Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display)
Offered by buycheapDG-Ships from Taiwan Station

Kindle Paperwhite E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't they try out these things on a panel first?, 22 May 2016
It's okay, if you don't mind constant ads for books you wouldn't dream of reading, a device that doesn't switch off (you have to set it on snooze so the battery doesn't die), and if you're capable of making out the title (never mind the author) of a book from a black and white photo...
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2016 8:19 AM BST

Highly Sensitive Person's Survival Guide: Essential Skills for Living Well in an Overstimulating World (Step-By-Step Guides)
by Ted Zeff

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 10 May 2016
Excellent book - together with Elaine Aron's books, a very welcome aid to understanding a trait that is too widely unacceptable.

Philips HR2020/50 Jug Blender, 1.75 L,400 W - Silver
Philips HR2020/50 Jug Blender, 1.75 L,400 W - Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars This happens very easily. It's started leaking now, 13 April 2016
What you pay for is what you get, I suppose. It wasn't long before the handle separated from the goblet, leaving a tidal wave of smoothie all over the unit. This happens very easily. It's started leaking now.

Eveready 10x Eveready R50 Reflector Bulb 40W Small Edison Screw Base -
Eveready 10x Eveready R50 Reflector Bulb 40W Small Edison Screw Base -
Offered by Astra Discount

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 9 April 2016
If these are made by Eveready, I'm a Dutchman. Rubbish.

Black Oriental Print Long Kimono - M/L (12-14UK)
Black Oriental Print Long Kimono - M/L (12-14UK)

3.0 out of 5 stars and what I thought was a nice fabric. But I don't believe it was a ..., 19 Dec. 2015
It was well made, and what I thought was a nice fabric. But I don't believe it was a 16, never mind an 18. So I returned it - no probs.

Finding M.E.: An Alternative Guide to Healing M.E./CFS
Finding M.E.: An Alternative Guide to Healing M.E./CFS

5.0 out of 5 stars Katie's book is great, well written and easy to read, 1 Oct. 2015
"Fatigue in all of its forms is a symptom of our times - a society in which we fill our lives with 'busy' to make us feel adequate and to show people we are successful and admirable; in which we constantly convince ourselves that we're ok just to stifle our true selves that little bit further and make sure we don't upset anyone; a life in which caring for yourself seems to be synonymous with pure, unadulterated selfishness and narrow-mindedness." I've had CFS/ME for fifteen years, and the number of books I've read on the subject which really helped me - specifically on this subject - is small; maybe five. Katie's book is great, well written and easy to read, and her experiences are very similar to my own.

History, Homages and the Highlands: An Outlander Guide
History, Homages and the Highlands: An Outlander Guide

3.0 out of 5 stars HOW do you spell "Jamie"?, 20 May 2015
This is quite an entertaining book, though I'm wondering how much of it is available elsewhere. The principle problem I have is, how can anyone write a book about a series of books and misspell one of the main character's names most of the way through?

I haven't decided whether to return it or not yet...

The Exile (Outlander)
The Exile (Outlander)
by Diana Gabaldon

2.0 out of 5 stars my favourite character, Claire, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... an interesting experiment, perhaps, but as far as I'm concerned, not a success. I couldn't see the point of introducing the character of Kenneth into the story; my favourite character, Claire, becomes a one-dimensional Barbie look-alike; and Jamie's face keeps going walkabout (i.e. as other reviewers say, sometimes it's difficult to make out who people are). The big issue is that there's little if any of the humour that makes the books so readable (for me anyway). Two stars for the experiment, but that's yer lot.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2015 10:00 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3