Profile for J. R. Hartley > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Nite Ize Buglit LED Micro Light - Black
Nite Ize Buglit LED Micro Light - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously adaptable, 29 May 2013
Very cool little torch, it's uses seem endless.

The legs seem to take some looking after with heavy use if you want them looking straight all the time. They tend to twist.

It is a little fiddly to change the batteries, I used a small flat-head screwdriver which left some subtle marks, but nothing major.

The legs can be purchased as a separate product here: Nite Ize GT6-2PK-03 Gear Tie Reusable 6-Inch Rubber Twist Tie , 2-Pack , Blue

Lavender Shower Scrunchies
Lavender Shower Scrunchies

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, 3 Feb. 2013
Didn't last long before it fell apart... Won't be wasting my money on another, I would suggest the same to you.

TomTom Travel Case
TomTom Travel Case

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable quality, but let down in some areas., 3 Feb. 2013
This review is from: TomTom Travel Case (Accessory)
It may well be an original TomTom item, but its not that good a quality.

Firstly as the other reviewer mentioned the zip quality is set to fail, so they make more money when you replace it...

Also the internal lining is not made to last, it may be a nice colour and a soft material, but I can't see it lasting.

Its a shame really, because overall it is a nice bage which seems well made other than the zip and lining.

I have the Start 60 model of the TomTom, purely for the 6" screen, this case is compatible and it does fit... Just...

Sellotape1443268 Original Golden Tape Roll Non-Static Easy-Tear Large 24mmx66m [Pack 12]

5.0 out of 5 stars Sellotape "The Original Brand...", 3 Feb. 2013
Original Sellotape as in they invented it... Need I say more.

It is good quality tape, adequately sticky, strong and flexible. Of adequate thickness as to be able to find the loose end easily.

Each roll comes in its own little packet, all in one large box.

TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries)
TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries)
Offered by Best Digital Market

3.0 out of 5 stars A BIG Screen, but not a lot else..., 3 Feb. 2013
Admitedly I brought this Sat-Nav purely for the 6" screen. Considering the size of TomTom I was expecting a lot more from it.

I work as an agency driver, I work for all the big parcel delivery companies. I have always used my phone, with Google maps and the Navigation feature on my Android devices.

The large screen is not very responsive for starters, it lacks the ability to pinch the screen to zoom in and out, a fairly standard feature on a smart phone.

Although, within reason it has a fairly friendly user interface, it is very basic. The maps are not very comprehensive, I still have to revert back to Google maps when this fails...

I can only search house numbers and not house names. POI's are poorly displayed and clutter the screen so are always turned off.

The custom POI's are a good feature, I add pre-12 deliveries and collections seperately so they stand out. However the little Icons shown are substandard once on the map, with their white background.

The 6" screen does not justify the money this device costs. It still only gets you to a postcode, and not to the address your looking for. My advice is use google maps and save your money.

Having a built in mount is handy, however I like the idea of the longer flexible arm, which is not an option on this model.

Belkin PRO Series Digital Video VGA adapter - DVI-I (M) - HD-15 (F)
Belkin PRO Series Digital Video VGA adapter - DVI-I (M) - HD-15 (F)
Offered by BESTBUYIT

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but..., 5 Jan. 2013
It's sturdy and seems it will last well. The quality is typical of Belkin, however there is one flaw. Hence, only 4 stars.

The two screws that hold it in place are to thin, making it incredibly fiddly to fit it securely. Other Belkin leads have a decent sized handle built onto the screw head.

Since I do not move my computer around a massive amount it does not really affect me. Just a shame that it has this little defect.

Another point to note is the size. I have used this to take the DVI connection on my computer to the VGA on my TV. Which is fine, but if you want to connect to the back of a TV with the connector be aware it will be tight if your TV is tight against the wall.

Leitz Bebop Active 180 Degree 80mm Lever Arch File - Black
Leitz Bebop Active 180 Degree 80mm Lever Arch File - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit pricey, but you get what you pay for..., 1 Oct. 2012
This is by far the best quality Lever Arch File I have seem yet. The ones I have used in the past have fallen apart quite quickly. I have high hopes for these...

There is a very handy little elastic strap, and I assume it will be this that fails first; but I would rather have it than not.

Tweezerman Pointed Slant Tweezer Stainless Steel
Tweezerman Pointed Slant Tweezer Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars To the point..., 1 Oct. 2012
These are very well made and easy to use. They would not be what they are without the fine point. The slant of the blade makes for easy plucking, yet the point gives infinate control when needed. I use them for hair plucking to splinter pulling. Good all round tweezers.

Basildon Bond Envelopes Pocket Peel and Seal 100gsm White C4 [Pack of 250]
Basildon Bond Envelopes Pocket Peel and Seal 100gsm White C4 [Pack of 250]

5.0 out of 5 stars As envelopes go, they are not bad..., 1 Oct. 2012
They are well packaged, they were dispatched and delivered promptly. They seem to be more than fit for purpose, a good grade of paper for an everyday envelope. With a sticky strip provided, so no licking required.

Basildon Bond Envelopes Pocket Peel and Seal 100gsm White C5 [Pack of 500]