Profile for J. R. Hartley > Reviews

Pure Fitness and Sports PS300 Pull Up Station - Black
Pure Fitness and Sports PS300 Pull Up Station - Black
Offered by PureFitness & Sports

2.0 out of 5 stars I can't see it lasting very long., 11 July 2016
Very poorly manufactured. Very wobbly, which will only get worst. Not very happy with it.

Tiny House Aquaponics: Raising Fish and Growing Vegetables in Your Small Space: Volume 2 (Tiny Guides)
by Zachary Buckler

1.0 out of 5 stars Very tiny content on aquaponics, 10 Jun. 2016
A tiny book, with huge text. If the text was of a normal size you could fit the whole book onto a few sheets of A4 paper.

Quit literally a few paragraphs about aquaponics in a small space. Much of which is common sense if you sit and think about it for all of about 10 minutes.

The only picture is on the cover!

The book is more about promoting living in a tiny house. The book drifts to telling you that having exposed brickwork in your house will make it feel more natural. And you could have flower patterns on your cushions, or just have flowers!

Complete waste of money.

Occidental Leather 5520 5-in-1 Tool Holder
Occidental Leather 5520 5-in-1 Tool Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 5 Nov. 2015
I still struggle to justify how I spent £50 on a hammer holder. The quality is as you would expect.

The black plastic holder is removable, and is practically a clone of the yellow Stanley Titan knife holder.

Although it is a hammer holder, I like to hang my nail gun on my hammer holder; The hammer holder is hung low, below the belt line. Which causes it to pull into your leg.

It can also catch when climbing through scaffolds and into roof spaces.

But I am very happy with it, and will be purchasing more Occidental Leather items soon.

Match Mens Slim-Tapered Flat-Front Casual Trousers(Dark khaki,W34 x Regular)
Match Mens Slim-Tapered Flat-Front Casual Trousers(Dark khaki,W34 x Regular)
Offered by Match_Garment

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality trousers for the price, 9 Oct. 2015
They fit me perfectly. Very good quality trousers for the price. Trying to order more in other colours and they are sold out.

Nite Ize Buglit LED Micro Light - Black
Nite Ize Buglit LED Micro Light - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously adaptable, 29 May 2013
Very cool little torch, it's uses seem endless.

The legs seem to take some looking after with heavy use if you want them looking straight all the time. They tend to twist.

It is a little fiddly to change the batteries, I used a small flat-head screwdriver which left some subtle marks, but nothing major.

The legs can be purchased as a separate product here: Nite Ize GT6-2PK-03 Gear Tie Reusable 6-Inch Rubber Twist Tie , 2-Pack , Blue

Lavender Shower Scrunchies
Lavender Shower Scrunchies
Offered by I_am_fresh_always

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, 3 Feb. 2013
Didn't last long before it fell apart... Won't be wasting my money on another, I would suggest the same to you.

TomTom Travel Case
TomTom Travel Case

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable quality, but let down in some areas., 3 Feb. 2013
This review is from: TomTom Travel Case (Accessory)
It may well be an original TomTom item, but its not that good a quality.

Firstly as the other reviewer mentioned the zip quality is set to fail, so they make more money when you replace it...

Also the internal lining is not made to last, it may be a nice colour and a soft material, but I can't see it lasting.

Its a shame really, because overall it is a nice bage which seems well made other than the zip and lining.

I have the Start 60 model of the TomTom, purely for the 6" screen, this case is compatible and it does fit... Just...

Sellotape 1443268 Original Golden Tape Roll Non-static Easy-Tear, Large 24 mm x 66 m - Pack 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Sellotape "The Original Brand...", 3 Feb. 2013
Original Sellotape as in they invented it... Need I say more.

It is good quality tape, adequately sticky, strong and flexible. Of adequate thickness as to be able to find the loose end easily.

Each roll comes in its own little packet, all in one large box.

TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries)
TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries)

3.0 out of 5 stars A BIG Screen, but not a lot else..., 3 Feb. 2013
Admitedly I brought this Sat-Nav purely for the 6" screen. Considering the size of TomTom I was expecting a lot more from it.

I work as an agency driver, I work for all the big parcel delivery companies. I have always used my phone, with Google maps and the Navigation feature on my Android devices.

The large screen is not very responsive for starters, it lacks the ability to pinch the screen to zoom in and out, a fairly standard feature on a smart phone.

Although, within reason it has a fairly friendly user interface, it is very basic. The maps are not very comprehensive, I still have to revert back to Google maps when this fails...

I can only search house numbers and not house names. POI's are poorly displayed and clutter the screen so are always turned off.

The custom POI's are a good feature, I add pre-12 deliveries and collections seperately so they stand out. However the little Icons shown are substandard once on the map, with their white background.

The 6" screen does not justify the money this device costs. It still only gets you to a postcode, and not to the address your looking for. My advice is use google maps and save your money.

Having a built in mount is handy, however I like the idea of the longer flexible arm, which is not an option on this model.

Belkin PRO Series Digital Video VGA adapter - DVI-I (M) - HD-15 (F)
Belkin PRO Series Digital Video VGA adapter - DVI-I (M) - HD-15 (F)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but..., 5 Jan. 2013
It's sturdy and seems it will last well. The quality is typical of Belkin, however there is one flaw. Hence, only 4 stars.

The two screws that hold it in place are to thin, making it incredibly fiddly to fit it securely. Other Belkin leads have a decent sized handle built onto the screw head.

Since I do not move my computer around a massive amount it does not really affect me. Just a shame that it has this little defect.

Another point to note is the size. I have used this to take the DVI connection on my computer to the VGA on my TV. Which is fine, but if you want to connect to the back of a TV with the connector be aware it will be tight if your TV is tight against the wall.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3