Profile for Jenny > Reviews

Content by Jenny

Jenny "A New Yorker" (That Lives in Carolinas, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
FRiEQ 12W Portable Smart NFC Wireless Bluetooth v4.0 Speaker (Two Large 40MM 6W Drivers) with Touch Control Function and up to 15 Hour Playback For iPhone 5S, 5, iPad Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, HTC, Tablets, PC
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars This FRiEQ speaker is by far a great investment., 28 Mar. 2015
The FRiEQ 12 W Wireless Speaker Portable Smart NFC Bluetooth Speaker was received in a very short time and well packaged. I’m pretty much familiar with this company and they a exceptional job with their products. This handsome black box is design well and highly constructed. I paired the unit to my Samsung S5 instantly and the sound of the music came out excellent. The trebles were clear and nice and the bass was strong and solid they way I like it. The family was pretty impress by this model for we have tried numerous others before this.

Pros:
Crisp and sharp sound with nice bass.
Clear when it’s very, very loud
Equally clear at low volume
Bluetooth connectivity compatible to smartphones and tablets
Built in Microphone for receiving phone calls
Playtime hours is exceptional long

Cons:
Only one to share with a family of six ;-(

The fact that it is wireless and Bluetooth capable make it a wonderful little gadget. Recommend this to anyone looking for a reliable, well constructed portable Bluetooth speaker carrying a good price! Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Ultra-Bright High Power CREE LED Headlamp Flashlight Torch with 2000mAh Lithium Rechargeable Battery--- 297% Longer Battery Life! Adjustable White, Red, and Strobe Light Ideal for Camping, Running, Hunting, Reading, Fishing and Other Outdoor Activities or Indoor Needs Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars This headlamp is so helpful, 24 Mar. 2015
I tried using a flashlight, but holding a flash light and a paintbrush proved to be awkward and useless. Then this little light came along. The directions are easy to follow and well worth the 2-3 minutes they take to read and understand. Once place around my head I found the headband to be very comfortable and adjustable that it became part of me right away. I’ve been working on my food Pantry for a couple of days and the light in that closet is dim. Which lead me to use this headband to finish it up. While I was painting I became aware of some unevenness on the wall in certain corners but I managed to fix it nicely after I was done.

As for the construction I feel that ShuoFang done a great job putting this headlamp together. Once you hold it in your hand you can tell its sturdy and the quality is reliable in the plastic buckles and the nylon strap. I like the adjustability of lamp along with it being lightweight. I've only had this light for a short time so I cannot speak to its durability or battery life, but I am impressed with it. The light is very bright for such a small lightweight device. Be careful not to shine the light in anyone's eyes. The light is very powerful but can hurt when looked at directly. The mount has an hinge setup so you can adjust how low the light is angled depending on where you need it pointed.

I personally can get use to this item for a number of reasons. Even though I haven’t use the 2 red lights for the night mode I’m sure it’s equally impressive. At the same time I see that these headlamps can be pretty expensive depending where you buy them but for the price offered here its worth particularly to have around the house or car. Recommended. Received this product as a sample in exchange for a honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Mini Ultra Bright LED Lantern - Best Portable Camping Light! Flameless Candle Perfect for Camping, Hiking, Climbing, Boy Scout and More!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ShuoFang lantern is well constructed and nice size, 24 Mar. 2015
This little unit came in a nice secure package. Once opened, 3 AAA was provided tape to the side of the corner of the box, then I twisted apart the lantern and pop the batteries in, hit the side button then Wollah there was light. I have to say I’m really am pleased with this product. It is absolutely perfect for when the power goes off during storms. Bright enough you can read a book using this light. This lantern has one modes, which put out quite a bit of light. To you the truth I was expecting much less considering the price point but this little thing prove me wrong.

I cannot speak for the longevity of this product as I only received it recently. However I have tested it out and it works as described. The 2 silver hooks will come in handy when you need it to latch on to something. It would nice if it did have a couple of setting but brightness works well enough due to the extinct of the darkness or the location that your at.

This ShuoFang LED Lantern is properly sized and enclosed in plastic base and hard rubberlike top features that make them attractive for campers and other sportsmen and families, including the hiker: a lantern can be conveniently packed in a three-day pack without taking up too much room or being uncomfortable: the lantern is light and provides light., I highly recommend you purchase this one the product is great and shipping was fast. Received this item as a sample in exchange for a honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

ShuoFang Cobblestone Ultra Bright LED Lantern - Brightness Adjustable Camping Light with Long Battery Life! Ideal for Hiking, Camping, More! IPX4 Water Resistant with 3 AAAs Included!

Sklz Speed Hurdles Pro Agility Hurdles - Yellow
Sklz Speed Hurdles Pro Agility Hurdles - Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars These hurdles are perfect for setting up and working out quickly., 10 Mar. 2015
My 13-year-old son got these speed hurdles just in time for Soccer season. His coach used hurdles on the field last year it help him immensely. Now it's great to know he can train at home during his free time. I always find Speed hurdles to be great tools for athletes, circuit training and sports teams as useful pieces of training equipment. Within the 2 years he as been using these hurdles for both soccer and football season it's always best to perform drills at the beginning of the session as your muscles will be fresh and more alert ensuring good quality of movement.

I love these because speed hurdles drills are about conditioning, quality and form. The drills are not meant to exhaust you but are meant to activate and increase your brains reaction helping your muscles move faster. I like the fact that you can adjust the height from 12 to 9 or 6 at the push of a button. These hurdles are durable and bounce back instantly if you step on them. They have a low profile design and can accommodate feet of all sizes. The Speed Hurdle Pro folds down for easy storage when you are done. Each kit comes with 6 hurdles carry bag and a usage guide. I love the bag that came with this item, which makes it very easy to transport. As for the wear it's still too early to tell being that I only have these hurdles for over a week now.

Beside that Sklz Speed Hurdles Pro is easy to change the height and so far no signs of breaking anytime soon. Overall a good quality product if you know how and what to use it for.

FRiEQ® iPhone 6 Wallet Case - Premium PU leather Wallet Case with Card Slots, ID Holders and Cash Compartment for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job exceedingly well, 21 Jan. 2015
This FRiEQ case is exactly as stated plus it’s just what my sister needed, and it looks nice and is well made! It has slots for credit cards, drivers license, and phone. The case attached to the cardholder by magnet, and it's easily detachable from the wallet case that holds everything together. Unfortunately, she is one of those people who puts too many cards and mine so it doesn't stay closed, but if you only have a couple of things inside, it will close beautifully.

The plastic window is great for your ID and there is a small pocket underneath the card slots that you can put a little bit of cash in. The camera hole in the case is perfectly cut so there aren’t any problems shooting video/photos with the phone in its case. This Case by FRiEQ does provide a handy way to consolidate your wallet and phone into a single package. Other then that my sister love the case. It keeps her phone protected and secure for the small amount of time she has it. Easy to put your phone and easy to take out. Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

FRiEQ® High Definition Cell Phone Screen Tempered Glass Protectors For iPhone 6 (4.7 inch ONLY) - Maximum Transparency and Touchscreen Accuracy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Protector, 4 Jan. 2015
These screen protector from Frieq is awesome. Once received it came in a nice secured white and blue package! The application for my sister’s iPhone 6 was extremely easy and very fast. The whole process probably took her no more than 5 minutes. She did have some problems with her first one due to the rising on the edges by Cailifu and the clarity of the screen.

Besides the smooth feeling, you can barely see the screen protector. It goes on clearly and fits perfectly on her screen. She had no problem with bubbles, if you follow the instructions properly, you shouldn't get any. Plus no problems being in and out of pockets or jingling in her purse. She also feels that it fits perfectly and covers just close enough to the edge and around the home button to protect it yet not lift or snag. Frieq also provides you a alcohol swab and microfiber cloth to clean your screen.

That being said, it’s a good product and a viable option for a tempered glass protector for the iPhone 6. Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

FRiEQ® 2-in-1 Universal Stylus and Ballpoint Pens - Multi-function accessories for Tablet/Cell Phone Touch Screen including iPad Air, iPhone 4/5/6, Samsung Galaxy Tab, and Other Electronic Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stylus Pen, 4 Jan. 2015
My husband and I have purchased numerous styli, including several pen/stylus combinations. So far this pretty good. I tend to switch back and forth a lot between tablet and paper. As for the stylus itself, after using these, I can’t imagine how anyone can use a plain, rubber-tipped stylus that sticks and drags as you try to write. The design here really is perfect for a hybrid. Some of the reason why we like this is because the:

* Fiber tip is surprisingly durable, and glides incredibly smoothly across the screen; best tip of any of the (many) styli I've tried.
* Stylus tip is accurate and works perfectly regardless of the angle you write from.
* The pen end writes very smoothly as well, and opens / tightly closes with a barrel twist.
* The stylus/pen feels solid and comfortable in the hand, and the weight is well balanced regardless of which end you’re using.
* The pieces look even nicer in person than they do on-screen. Due to the color, the stylus end is very subtle, and hardly noticeable as you’re using it. Blends in perfectly to look like a traditional executive pen.
* The fiber tips feels durable and lasting despite the hours and hours of heavy daily use, so I imagine these should last for a very long time before tip replacement is necessary.

Overall the Frieq 2-in-1 Hybrid Stylus Pen is stylish and professional, and will be a fantastic upgrade to the regular stylus that I use daily at work. Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2015 6:34 PM GMT

Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Karl Urban
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Cult Classic for those who understand, 22 Dec. 2014
I have never read the comics so I can't judge Dredd from that perspective, no pun intended. I have seen the original film and now this one so I have judged both of them as stand alone movies. The original movie had a few main weaknesses and I thought this one addressed all of those. Never like the first film to this. I thought the weaknesses of Stallone's Dredd were the lazy writing, the cheesy 1980's styling, and the numerous plot holes. Karl Urban's Dredd kept the high entertainment value, well done action sequences, and unique setting that is Mega-City One and with the corrected flaws, you would think it would be a much better movie. Not so much. While it lost the cheesy 1980's effects, it replaced them with possibly worse made-for-3D cinematic effects that do nothing for the movie and only drag out a not-so-interesting plot. The gore factor was also a bit high. While I am never one to have any issues with violence or anything,

"Dredd" plays out a lot like another of 2012's popular little action movies, "The Raid: Redemption." Both use the straightforward premise of a skilled hero trapped in a dangerous slum building controlled by a ruthless crime lord (in this case lady).

Dredd is a judge of the Hall of Justice in Mega City One, a concrete jungle stretching from D.C. to Boston built amidst the ruins of the world that we know today. With crime rampant, judges are granted the powers of law enforcement and the legal system all rolled into one — judge, jury and executioner. All we know about Dredd is that he plays everything by the book, but he's far from a softie. Karl Urban does a nice job as Dredd to the point that you forgot its him. His voice is pretty much how I've imagined Dredd to sound for 25 years and his lip curls and jaw acting is fantastic. The rookie Anderson was played by Olivia Thirlby and again, she was excellent. I feel Anderson is a bit touchy feely but here her vulnerabilities added to the character and in truth it's really her film by way of character development. My favorite performance in the movie would be Ma-Ma whom is played by Lena Headey. You don't get a lot of brutally sadistic female villains these days and trust me; she's pretty terrifying here.

I love this film along with my husband. "Dredd" keeps thing incredibly simple, entertaining and gleefully violent. That's not everyone's cup of tea — the style of the movie could definitely be considered too niche for mainstream tastes — but regardless of how good you might feel it is, there's no question that in executed a stupidly simple story so well, "Dredd" makes bad action movies that try to do too much look that much worse. No one will ever label "Dredd" an action classic of the early 2010s, but it will stand the test of time better than anyone expects.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2014 7:42 PM GMT

The Equalizer [Blu-ray] [2014]
The Equalizer [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Denzel Washington

4.0 out of 5 stars Denzel does a signature job in this film, 22 Dec. 2014
Denzel Washington nails the character, at least the character that was written in the screenplay, which is not the Equalizer from the TV series. With Denzel Washington getting older it could be argued that this would have been a problem for his action career but I must say he is in great condition and I want to see more films with Denzel in roles like this.

One thing I did like in this film is that they had a clear villain who they put against McCall and Marton Csokas who plays Teddy. Teddy did a great job in the role. However, like a lot of action films these days it does lack some other detailed supporting characters, which is a bit of a disappointment for this film, as I believe it, had the potential to have more in depth side characters. The story is a mixed bag, I like the character of McCall and his reasoning for doing certain things and the reasoning behind things seems realistic. But the slower scenes do drag a little bit and towards the end of the film you do wonder why he is still doing what he is doing.

The action sequences are well planned and orchestrated, but I can't really say they are all that original. They are of extraordinary violence and gore, I'd give them that, hence the local R-16 rating. The whole "seeing small details around him while planning an attack" routine has been done before, and with much more logic, in the Sherlock Holmes films. The whole climactic "walking away from a series of big fiery explosions behind the hero" gimmick is practically a staple in countless A, B or C level action films before this one. In the film it made me wonder how many real people are out here that seem like just regular folks but have set aside a former life where they operated in dark places. The heroes of our world.

For me, Denzel Washington did a great job particularly with his signature intense face-to-face confrontation scenes; you know he is the type who could psych you out crazy even with his penetrating stare alone. This is what gives "The Equalizer" an edge over all the other run-of-the-mill action thrillers with the same basic story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20