Profile for M. Emson > Reviews

Content by M. Emson

M. Emson (UK)

Visibee: Rainbow Windproof Electronic Double Arc Lighter USB Cigarette Lighter Rechargeable Cigar Lighter No Gas Mini Pocket Ignition Lighter - USB cable included
Offered by Visibee

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, works great and is well presented., 10 Dec. 2016
Purchase this as gift but obviously had to test it out before wrapping it. It comes in a nice classy looking presentation box and feels reassuringly heavy and robust in the hand. This model has a lovely iridescent highly polished finish which looks great. Flip the lid and the power button illuminates showing that it is ready to use. Press the button and WOW the electric arc looks powerful. Can't wait to see it being used for real.

Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and play No drivers Needed. [Black] (AU-MMSA)
Offered by Store4PC-Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Effective, 10 Dec. 2016
Having never come across one of these devices before I was slight dubious as to how effective it would be. I'm pleased to say that it works surprisingly well. The device itself is relatively small but feels solid and robust in construction. My laptop took a couple of attempts to recognise the device but now that it has, recognition happens instantly each time it is used. There's no obvious logic as to why it struggled to recognise it but feel it is more due to the laptop software than the usb device.

Fintie Hard Case for MacBook Air 13, Ultra Slim Rubberized Coated Soft Touch Laptop Cover Shell Protective for Apple 13-inch MacBook Air 13.3" Model A1466 / A1369, Black
Offered by Fintie EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit and looks great. I've bought a second cover for my wife!, 10 Dec. 2016
Light weight, slim and excellent fit that takes just seconds to put on. Getting the cover out of its protective packaging shrink-wrap was the hardest part of the task. The silk matt surface looks great but tends to show fingermarks. However this is far better than getting marks or damage on the laptop itself. The cover is held in place very securely by tiny clips that latch onto the edges of the laptop base and lid. I'm finding that despite their small size, one of the clips rubs against my wrist when typing but I imagine someone else with different posture may never notice it.
Overall, very pleased and despite the slightly picky negative comments I've bought a second cover, this time for my wife's laptop.

Makita EA3201S35B 35cm 32cc 2-Stroke Petrol Chainsaw
Makita EA3201S35B 35cm 32cc 2-Stroke Petrol Chainsaw
Offered by Powertoolmate

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cut Above Other Models, 5 Aug. 2016
While some buyers have commented on difficulties in fitting the chain bar and chain, I actually found this to be a simple task compared with the previous Ryobi saw I owned. The only difficulty I had was getting the thing started. Turned out I hadn't read the instructions properly but when you do, it starts first time - every time. Two gentle pulls on choke then a final full pull on Run and it fires up.

Cutting performance is excellent, particularly with a new chain! It's quieter and lighter than many other brands/models and vibration is relatively low, allowing you to cut one handed at full reach (NOT good practice but possible). The easy method of chain tensioning is great and really speeds jobs up.

So, the saw itself is great and has nothing I can fault it on. My only complaints - if you can call them that - is that it would be nice if it came with a storage case and a couple of small starter bottles of chain oil and 2-stroke oil so that you could fuel it up and get to work straight away. Don't forget to order your oils as you can't run without them (not without causing damage). I'd recommend buying a fuel mixing bottle too so that you get the right ratio of 2-stroke oil to fuel every time you fill up.

INVASION: A Military Action Thriller
INVASION: A Military Action Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars How close could this book really be to the truth!, 10 Feb. 2016
An interesting and entertaining read, Well written and possibly too well observed - if any of this book comes true, we're in big trouble.

All I Ever Wanted: The Anthology
All I Ever Wanted: The Anthology

3.0 out of 5 stars ... work - unfortunately after the hits we know and love it was obvious why many of the other tracks ..., 10 Feb. 2016
I bought this to expand my experience of her work - unfortunately after the hits we know and love it was obvious why many of the other tracks were not so well known.

EasyAcc 10000mAh Power Bank Portable Charger for iPhone Samsung HTC Smartphones Tablets - Black and Orange
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Feb. 2016
Great power and longevity. Reasonable price and useful features. Fast Delivery.

Tefal Acti-Fry AL800240 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, Black
Tefal Acti-Fry AL800240 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, Black
Offered by Bright Sparks Store

4.0 out of 5 stars More than a chip fryer, 13 Feb. 2012
I feel, for what it is, the Actifry is a bit overpriced but, having said this, it cooks far more than just chips. We've experimented with all sorts of meals. The non stick pan coating is very good, often needing nothing more than a wipe with a kitchen tissue to leave it spotless. It gets hot vey quickly and couldn't be more simple to use. As for the chips... Results have been variable and you may need to experiment with different types of spud to get things right for you individual tastes but the machine certainly does what it claims.

Roger's Profanisaurus: Das Krapital
Roger's Profanisaurus: Das Krapital
by "

5.0 out of 5 stars Painful purchase, 13 Feb. 2012
This book has given me so much pain from splitting my sides, streaming eyes, aching chest and rocking back and forth when I just can't laugh any more. Should come with a health warning

Canon EOS 500D Digital SLR Camera (incl. EF-S 18-55 mm IS Lens Kit)
Canon EOS 500D Digital SLR Camera (incl. EF-S 18-55 mm IS Lens Kit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable quality and performance, 25 May 2010
After extensive researching on the internet I concluded that the 500D would be the best option for my needs.
The other contenders were the Nikon 5000D and Sony Alpha 380 + other higher Alpha variants around a similar price tag.
Having never before owned an SLR / DSLR I wanted something that would be easy to use in point and shoot mode yet still have the scope to allow me to expand my knowledge and skills. The Canon looks like it will do all this and more.

Whilst I'm sure the other brands would have achieved similar results in my beginners hands, the Canon looks like it will provide greater scope before needing to upgrade to a higher model (if ever), Expert opinion and reviews seem to show the Canon generally producing better like for like results. This comes at a slightly heavier price tag but not so heavy as to pursued me to opt for one of the other models,

In some ways the Canon has less features than its rivals - a particularly nice feature of some of the Sonys is the tilt and swivel LCD screen that would make awkward angle shots a breeze. Having said that, from experience of laptops, the connection wires to the screen always seem to fail way before the rest of the equipment - I've not heard of any such failures yet on these cameras but I didn't fancy paying out so much cash only to find it useless in a relatively short space of time.

The 500D has now been surpassed by the 550 model which, although offering yet more in the way of features, retails for significantly more money,

To summarise my review, the Canon 500D offers far more that most beginners will ever need but, in doing so, will cater for many different needs. The picture output, even when just taking snaps, can be stunning and I already feel more like a photographer. The price is not cheap but not so high that it is out of reach. The kit lens produces good results even though not highly rated by the pro's. It offers a moderate degree of zoom, is fast to focus and is light weight.

My only negatives about this camera are, having purchased a 'kit' that is aimed at entry level users, the inclusion of a polarizing filter would have been nice and a small memory card would allow you to use the camera straight out of the box. Other than these minor points, I cannot recommend the camera highly enough.