Profile for AnneBromley > Reviews

Crochet Step by Step
Crochet Step by Step
by Sally Harding

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful book, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Crochet Step by Step (Hardcover)
This book is clearly laid out with some great projects. One tiny comment is perhaps a little shallow of me, but I think better photography and a different colour range in the printing would have improved the look of the book!

Creative Makers: Simple Knitting: Quick-to-Knit Projects for Stylish Accessories
by Ros Badger

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous book, 5 Jan. 2014
This book is beautifully laid out. Lovely pictures and clear instructions. So far I have knitted the silky muffler and the slouchy socks; both have worked perfectly.

The Rosie Project
The Rosie Project
by Graeme Simsion

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Rosie Project (Hardcover)
The whole family has now read this book from 12 years old upwards in age and we all loved it. Our teen with an autistic spectrum disorder loved it too, and he generally doesn't enjoy humorous reads. He assured us he didn't think it portrayed people with asd as not being able to show empathy, more that empathy is a complicated thing - so many of us whether "neuro typical" or not think we have great empathy when in fact we have completely misunderstood what another person is thinking and feeling.

Hook, Yarn and Crochet: 20 Cute and Quirky Crochet Projects (Simple Makes)
Hook, Yarn and Crochet: 20 Cute and Quirky Crochet Projects (Simple Makes)
by Ros Badger

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 5 Jan. 2014
Great projects and clear instructions. I also bought a copy for my sister and was delighted to receive the wonderful mittens which she crocheted for me and which are keeping my hands feeling warm and looking gorgeous right now as I type.

Spoonface Steinberg (Modern Plays)
Spoonface Steinberg (Modern Plays)
by Lee Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars I remember hearing this play on the radio many years ago.., 5 Jan. 2014
and loving it. Then I was reminded of it when listening to the wonderful Requiem in Blue by Harvey Brough which includes an extract. So I bought it for my 15 year old daughter who read it and was just as moved by it as her aging Mum had been...