Profile for Ste26 > Reviews

Ste26

ASUS ROG Swift PG27AQ 27 inch Ultra-HD Gaming Monitor - Black
ASUS ROG Swift PG27AQ 27 inch Ultra-HD Gaming Monitor - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars This monitor = Beast, 13 Aug. 2017
I bought this as a 2nd monitor for a dual setup. But being my 1st 4k display my poor Dell 1080p monitor does not get a look in anymore and just sits on my desk collecting dust haha. This is truly meant for PC gaming using the display port connection for amazing 4k resolution it what it was designed for. It even comes with a few features such as a timer, fps counter or cross hairs. Plus that LED Rog logo is sick!!! Only thing I would say is that an RGB Rog aura logo would have been perfection.

Absolute Batman Hush HC
Absolute Batman Hush HC
by Jeph Loeb

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best graphc novels I have ever read, 9 Jun. 2014
Simply amazing!!!

Hush is iconic amongst Batman fans. Rightly so, it has everything, a great story by writer Jeph Loeb, Jim Lee's stunning art (which is just made even better by the over-sized edition) and to top off the inclusion of all the major characters (allies and enemies) from Gotham city, all of whom have a potent role to play be it large or small, even Superman makes an appearance. Without spilling the beans too much the story focuses on the past childhood and present day friendship between Bruce Wayne and Thomas Elliot. After recovering a from near death injury, things start to get heated when Gotham's villains advance on Batman one by one. However someone else is pulling the strings behind this operation. Furthermore HUSH also explores the developing relationship between Batman and Catwoman (Selina Kyle), something which I believe was superbly carried out throughout the story. The absolute edition also comes with various panel/cover/issue commentaries from Loeb and Lee which give you an insight to how big a project HUSH actually was, along with sketches and alternate covers.

Thor By Matt Fraction - Vol. 1 (Thor (Marvel Paperback))
Thor By Matt Fraction - Vol. 1 (Thor (Marvel Paperback))
by Matt Fraction

5.0 out of 5 stars Fraction picks up where Straczynski left off., 23 May 2014
Thor's back!!! I was unsure about picking up this run from Fraction, seeing as I enjoyed Straczynski's storyline so much (apart from that random ending in Vol 3). However this is as good if not better in my opinion than the previous works. Furthermore I am big fan of Copiel's art style, which complements characters such as Thor, Silver Surfer etc.

In terms of the plot, Galactus, the devourer of worlds is hungry. That spells bad news for those nearby. However in order to cure this undying hunger Galactus and his herald the Silver Surfer believe the cosmic seed, a coveted possession of Odin is the key to eternal appetite. The people of Asgard Thor included, have very different plans however, and will not give in easily, leading to some epic confrontations between heavyweights in the Marvel Universe.

If you are a fan of Thor you have to get this. Also I believe this volume would make a great read for those who wish to read for for the first time.

Wolverine: The Return of Weapon X (Wolverine (Unnumbered))
Wolverine: The Return of Weapon X (Wolverine (Unnumbered))
by Frank Tieri

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best There Is... Err, Yeah, 1 Jan. 2014
I had my doubts about this book at first, with Wolvie being one if not my favourite characters from the Marvel universe, furthermore I hadn't heard of this novel first hand and reviews were scarce. But boy did they do him justice, both artistically and character wise. Not only do we see the classic and familiar 'all action' Wolvie but at key points Tieri and Nixon give other dimensions to his character which I was also a fan of. The stories range throughout, however the main focus is on the return of weapon X and how they want to reunite with Logan, including many face offs with his old pal Sabretooth. My personal stand outs were the team up with Alpha Flight and the epic battles with Mr X, an opponent who provides more than a challenge for Wolverine. Overall if your a fan of Wolverine and wanted to try something a little different then this is perfect for you.

Collecting issues 159 - 176 (1988) from Wizard Comics, written by Frank Tieri and Matt Nixon.

Before Watchmen: Comedian / Rorschach HC
Before Watchmen: Comedian / Rorschach HC
by Brian Azzarello

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag...., 17 Aug. 2013
Below I have given each of the separate stories a score out of five.

Before Watchmen Comedian - ****
Before Watchmen Rorschach - **

Personally the comedian story I did enjoy. Out of all the characters in the original Watchmen novel comedian, he was probably the least engaged with by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, so it was interesting to learn some of the back story here. Without spilling the beans too much, throughout Edward Blake's prequel you see an interesting relationship with the president form and relive the comedians call up and departure form Vietnam. The art is also neat, its nothing jaw dropping but certainly not bad in anyway.

On the other hand the Rorschach story felt rushed and incomplete somehow. Being probably the most popular of the bunch from Watchmen I expected this prequel to be the most developed and thorough. The art and coloring was not too my liking either, I understand the need to reinforce the dark morality and grittiness of a character such as Rorschach but I thought Azzarello and Bermejo took this a bit too far.

If your a big fan of Watchmen then I would give this a try, but wouldn't make it a must read, hopefully the other Before Watchmen novels are an improvement.

Watchmen: The Deluxe Edition HC
Watchmen: The Deluxe Edition HC
by Alan Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Who watches the Watchmen???, 26 July 2013
Watchmen is one of the best and compelling graphic novels that I have read to date. In my opinion the primary reason for this is because of the vast difference in the characters that Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore have created, these most definitely ain't no ordinary super heroes. For example take Adrian Veidt (Ozymandias), a globally established, successful individual, considered the most intelligent person on earth. Compare these attributes to Rorschach's character who offers a much grittier, psychotic and morally obsessed crime fighter. You could not ask for two more different masked crusaders, yet it works incredibly well. For me that's what made Watchmen so unique and believable, the fact that what if super heroes were real, and passed through generations, something similar to Watchmen would most likely be the outcome.

The deluxe edition contains all twelve original issues of Watchmen, as well as excerpts from various third party sources between each chapter and some early production sketches from the artist, which are not included in the TBP edition.

Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch Classic Volume 1 TPB (Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics))
Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch Classic Volume 1 TPB (Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics))
by Howard Mackie

4.0 out of 5 stars Dan Ketch's First Outing, 7 July 2013
I've been meaning to get hold of this for some time now as the first volume is becoming pretty scarce on Amazon and Ebay. The novel certainly has a ninety's feel to it and is produced in a similar way to the Marvel Masterworks novels (i.e 10 issues each volume). Personally I preferred the stories which Ketch battles against Deathwatch and Blackout giving they provide a more horror based approach to the narrative. The only negative I would say is that the stories do get a little tedious in terms towards the end, but apart from this Ghost Rider fans should pick this up.

Deadpool Volume 1
Deadpool Volume 1
by Daniel Way

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!!, 13 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Deadpool Volume 1 (Hardcover)
I have never really delved into any of Deadpools stuff before I purchased this, therefore never really classed him as one of Marvels elite characters. I could not have been more wrong though. This HC novel collects the first three arcs/stories from Daniel Way and Paco Medina whose graphic art and story telling is first class. In my opinion Deadpool is by far the funniest comic book character, his one liners, intended stupidity will have you laughing no doubt, but for people who are new to the merc with a mouth such as me I would definitely recommend this to kick start your collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2013 7:37 PM BST