Profile for Richard Hutton > Reviews

Andrew James High Quality Grade 202 Stainless Steel Jug 600ml
Andrew James High Quality Grade 202 Stainless Steel Jug 600ml
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality jug, 14 Feb. 2011
As others have said, very well made jug for this price. It's made from surprisingly thick gauge steel, which gives it a pleasing heft.

The spout is formed integral to the body (unlike many low end jugs where the spout is a welded on afterthought), which helps it to pour well.

All the edges are beautifully rounded, so no harsh corners when handling it. Works well with my small espresso steamer nozzle, plenty of room to get a good froth on the milk.

Finally one thing that doesn't come out well in the picture is the pleasing proportions of the curve of the body.

Green Lamp UPLBN3000 65 W 3000 k CFL Torchiere Energy Saving Uplighter Floor Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Innvovative energy saving uplighter, 4 Feb. 2011
The lamp arrived, as advertised, on a 24hr courier, well packed in a surprisingly small box - around 1m x 0.3m x 0.3m.

It arrived disassembled but pre-wired, in 3 sections as can be seen from the black plastic joints in the photos. The base screws onto the bottom pole section & the remaining 2 sections attach with a 1/4 turn action. There is a short section of wiring to be pushed into the top pole to enable the lamp bowl to screw on, but this was very easy to do. Top marks for ease of assembly.

Finish on the unit I bought is a pleasing brushed stainless steel, with the connecting parts in black plastic. The unit feels well made & sturdy, with a sufficiently heavy base to make it stable. My only minor issue with the construction is that the 1/4 turn fixings on the uprights aren't the most positive & it's possible to accidentally undo them while moving the lamp (eg turning the lamp to access the dimmer switch). I consider this a minor issue given the initial ease of assembly & have now cured it by simply using a small amount of glue on the joint.

The fluorescent bulb is an unusual type but a little searching on the web will turn up a like for like replacement or it can be replaced with a lower output 4 pin '2D' style.

Light output is very good, with a pleasingly warm colour temperature. There's a very slight pause on startup (presumably while the bulb pre heats), then the bulb simply blinks on, much like a modern CFL - there's no traditional fluorescent flashing.

The dimmer works to an extent - at a very rough guestimate I'd say from 100% to around 25% output. For us that's fine as we've simply found the level we like & left it there. As usual with dimmable fluorescents, the lamp isn't very stable at low dimmer settings until it's had a few minutes to warm up. Again, not an issue for us as the setting we've chosen is probably 50% - 60% output which gives no problems.

All in all an impressive product.

EMARTBUY HYBRID PROTECTION CASE/COVER/SKIN FOR NOKIA E75 BLACK
EMARTBUY HYBRID PROTECTION CASE/COVER/SKIN FOR NOKIA E75 BLACK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nokia E75 hard case, 13 Oct. 2010
Surprisingly good case for the price. It's a 2 part clip on affair, the fit isn't perfect but it more than adequately protects my E75 in daily use. There's a hard, clear plastic screen protector/ cover built in, the keypad area is left exposed for easy access. The only minor niggle I had at first was that the raised profile around the keypad makes the 'up' function on the navigation key a little harder to use, but I soon got used to that. The QWERTY keyboard is entirely unfettered by the case.
As I tend not to wear a belt, I find skin type covers more useful than belt pouches, so this works well for me, I can pull the phone out of my pocket & use it immediately without faffing about getting it out of a case.

I'm on my 2nd case. I've found they last about 6 months or so before the clear plastic screen cover gets too scratched, but at this price I'm not bothered by that!

Recommended if what you want is basic functional protection for the phone.
Not recommended if you're a fashion victim, but then you probably wouldn't have an E75 in that case;-)