Profile for Trevor W > Reviews

Trevor W

Page: 1 | 2
Dremel 4000-1/45 Corded Multitool
Dremel 4000-1/45 Corded Multitool

4.0 out of 5 stars great tool. Just need to find the right set ..., 22 Feb. 2015
Just what I expected, great tool. Just need to find the right set of tools for my carving projects.

The Mauritius Command (Aubrey/Maturin Series, Book 4) (Aubrey & Maturin series)
The Mauritius Command (Aubrey/Maturin Series, Book 4) (Aubrey & Maturin series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem!, 28 Nov. 2013
I'm working my way through the whole Aubrey-Maturin series (again) but his time on my Kindle...Every time I read these books it reinforces my love for them all, for the characters, the narrative, the whole immpersive experience.

HMS Surprise (Aubrey/Maturin Series, Book 3) (Aubrey & Maturin series)
HMS Surprise (Aubrey/Maturin Series, Book 3) (Aubrey & Maturin series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 Nov. 2013
Just brilliant...and gets better every time I pick it up. Each book in the Aubrey/Maturin series is a compulsive read and the whole series is a joy.

Reynard's Fate (The Lucarcian Series Book 1)
Reynard's Fate (The Lucarcian Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start, 28 Oct. 2013
When I heard Pete had written a book I was intrigued. When I read the precis I was a bit apprehensive. When I'd finished the book I was pleased, it's a good read with clearly more to come. It's a good start and I want to know more about the characters and how their adventures turn out - that, for me is the sign of a good book. Well done Pete!

The Jeeves Omnibus - Vol 1: (Jeeves & Wooster) (Jeeves Omnibus Collection)
The Jeeves Omnibus - Vol 1: (Jeeves & Wooster) (Jeeves Omnibus Collection)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Stuff!, 27 July 2013
So dry and witty, it was a revelation to me. I had always believed that Wodehouse was good read but the proof of the pudding was most definitely in the reading. Onto the next one ASAP

Aces High: The War in the Air over the Western Front 1914-18 (Bloomsbury Reader)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good historical read, 27 July 2013
An interesting and engageing history of the birth of the RAF and the war in the skies over France in the First World War. Personally, I'd have liked to hear more of the engineering and the development of tactics and less about the 'stars' but I guess that doesn;t sell as well.

Victorinox Duke of Edinburgh Pocket Tool - Red
Victorinox Duke of Edinburgh Pocket Tool - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Swiss Army Knife - Say no more!, 27 July 2013
Brilliant, does exacty what it says on the tin. Recommended for the DofE and my son found it was invaluable.

The Riddle of the Sands
The Riddle of the Sands

4.0 out of 5 stars Old world adventure, 27 July 2013
A good read but very much of it's time. Rather pompous & ponderous in places but enjoyable once you get past all that.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 27 July 2013
Lord of the Rings without the innocence, the fun and the clear distinction between good and evil. Not enough characters to like and care about....apart from the animals.

Various Pets Alive and Dead
Various Pets Alive and Dead

4.0 out of 5 stars Another amusing, engaging read from a favourite author., 27 July 2013
Just like a Short History of Tractors in the Ukraine there are wackycharacters you can love, a plot to keep you reading and the baddies get their comeuppance......loved it

Page: 1 | 2