Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Up North, UK)

Etc Etc Amen
Etc Etc Amen

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic way to spend the day, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Etc Etc Amen (Kindle Edition)
I'm not very good at writing book reviews but I would just like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
To add a little weight to that otherwise bland statement I would like to say that I only ever read before I go to bed as a way to relax and have done since I was a little kid but the description had me start reading it earlier today and I've just finished it. I NEVER read in daylight hours and NEVER finish a book in one go.
I wasn't even remotely aware of how much time had passed or that I was hungry. This is one of the few books I plan on reading again in the future.

Now Then: A Sci Fi Comedy about Jimmy Savile and a time machine
Now Then: A Sci Fi Comedy about Jimmy Savile and a time machine

1.0 out of 5 stars Unlike the other 1 star reviewer I have actually read the book, 4 Feb. 2013
I'm hardly prudish and I do have a sense of humour but this just goes a step too far for me. I read the book cause sometimes you just have to rubberneck and while I have ignored almost all the news coverage about Jimmy (Sa)vile I couldn't resist seeing what this could be about. It's not to my taste, but maybe it's yours... I do think that it should be read BEFORE it is reviewed or complained about.

Permasoft Denture Lining
Permasoft Denture Lining
Offered by Inter-Dentals

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked as well as expected, 14 Nov. 2011
I bought this to use on my partial top denture and it was mainly to fill in the healing gap.

The smell and taste is difficult to get used to and is very unpleasant while they are forming in your mouth as you can't escape it, it never fully goes away.
It's a chemical/minty smell and taste that is difficult to describe and even more difficult to forget.

The product is very easy to use and you do get 2 goes at it with this package
It goes from workable and spreadable to set quicker than expected so best to not take your time

As a workaround and a 'make do' till a visit to the dentist this is perfect and would recommend it
but not as any long term solution

Ipod Nano 6 (6th Generation) Watch Strap - Black
Ipod Nano 6 (6th Generation) Watch Strap - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for testing the concept, 14 Nov. 2011
I haven't worn a watch in 15 years and I don't really need to, I bought this to see what it is like to use my iPod as a watch and if it is still usable as a iPod while on my wrist.

The strap is slightly elasticated which is annoying while putting it on, you end up pulling it tighter than you need to.
The iPod doesn't stay in position on the little cut out very well so rearranging for comfort is needed at regular intervals (blokes will understand this well)
I wouldn't use it outside of the house as I just don't trust it enough but it is perfect to use in the house to listen to music while typing (am using it now) or while sat on a exercise machine or any other indoor activity that will have a soft landing if it falls off your wrist.
But I wouldn't recommend using it as a watch

Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset
Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars My happy eardrums, 14 Nov. 2011
Firstly if you are a person like my wife who would say something along the lines of "How much for headphones?!?! They all sound the same to me" Then you probably won't get much from these and would be best sticking to the average Apple ones.

If you can tell the difference in quality of headphones then these are going to make your eardrums as happy as mine are.
I have owned various styles and brands over the years and as I used to work for a major electrical store I have tried many more out side of what I would call a reasonable price range.
You do get what you pay for but these are punching above their weight.

To give a fair test I played various types of music, 15 Step by Radiohead is one that is widely used to test quality so I played that. I also played music by (but not limited to) The Rolling Stones, Terrorvision, Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine, The Beatles, Laika Dog, Levellers, Clawfinger, Rage Against The Machine, Korn, KLF, The Prodigy, Faithless, Pink Floyd.
I also had some classical on at one point and some Acker Bilk.
A fair test by any ones standards I think you'd agree?

(3/4 volume, no EQ)

These MM30i's made music seem more 3 dimensional instead of the usual flatness of standard headphones. I've heard things in songs today that I have never heard before.
Tiny little melodies buried in songs that are all new to me, subtle echo on vocals never heard and bass lines in songs I never knew featured a bass.

For the price I paid for these they are worth every single penny and more.

A quick note about the Apple headset side to these.
I don't have a iPhone so these have been tested using the latest iPod Touch and iPod Nano
They did everything they were supposed to (except call as I can't)
The buttons are a little small and fiddly and even more annoying as they are very close to your face, seeing the button you are pressing isn't really practical.
I also tried these on my Desire HD and they sounded as wonderful as they did on my iPods
The middle button will play and pause music on the D-HD and a double press will start a phone call
I assume the phone call is to either the last person you called or the last you received and as both of mine was my wife I hung up before she answered. Maybe the headset works or maybe not, I don't want to find out yet as I'm still being nagged at for spending money on these.

TL,DR version

Sound is fuller and richer than average headphones, you will be perfectly happy owning these and should buy some, works as a headset even though the buttons/mic is annoyingly placed
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2013 5:48 PM BST

Micro SDHC to MS PRO Duo Adapter/ Memory Stick pro Duo Reader
Micro SDHC to MS PRO Duo Adapter/ Memory Stick pro Duo Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Used in a PSP, 21 Dec. 2010
I used mine with a Kingston 16GB SDHC card and 9 times out of 10 the PSP will read the card perfectly, the other 1 time out of 10 I have to take it out and re insert it for it to work, better than forking out for a proper PSP card though.

Jvc GCFM2BE Full HD Pocket Camcorder with 3 inch Touch Panel - Black
Jvc GCFM2BE Full HD Pocket Camcorder with 3 inch Touch Panel - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars A camcorder fit for..., 21 Dec. 2010
A camcorder fit for an average user with no real need for high quality.
It's sized like an average mobile phone and takes pictures and videos of a similar quality, perfect for gigs, concerts and other social events that you don't want to risk losing (or someone stealing) something expensive
A 16Gb card (not included) gets you roughly 3 hours of video and 5500 photos, although rotating the camera for landscape mode quality drops from 5mp to 2.7mp and you'll get nearly 10,000 photos
The battery lasts for around 40 minutes (video) so you'll need to recharge before worrying about clearing space.
The images and video are grainy and have no great detail so if you want anything sharp and defined buy something else.
You may struggle to use this in anything less than perfect lighting and a lack of flash for photos lets this down further.
The software that comes installed on the camcorder is as easy to use as the camcorder itself, have a brew and click all the buttons and you'll figure it out in no time but if you don't like the 'try it and see' method the instructions in the box are more than enough and the software manual is a update through the program
The design is basic and it's the best way, only 1 actual button on the device and that's to turn it on and off, the rest of the buttons are all on the touch screen and are easy to use
The microphone and speaker are on the top nicely out of the way and is decent quality recording and playback

I gave this a 3 star rating because as the 3 star says "its OK"
It's small enough and light enough to carry with you for and quick snaps or video but if you want something to record all your special moments then spend a bit more and get something with higher quality