Profile for keribillen > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Science in Sport Go Hydro Lemon - Box of 8 x 10 Tab Tubes
Science in Sport Go Hydro Lemon - Box of 8 x 10 Tab Tubes

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 1 Sept. 2014
Handy size to fit in the back pocket of a cycling jersey on long rides. Combined with SIS food bars and nitrate-enhanced gels I am able to perform long distance rides over many days (Lands End to John O'Groats this year) or fast long-distance sportives/rides in one day (e.g. Wiggle Magnificat or South Downs Way).

6x Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo N7505 Protection Film - Crystal-Clear, Bubble-Free
Offered by protectionfilms24 (screen protectors)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice feel and look when on properly, 27 Aug. 2014
Difficult to apply (more difficult than similar products from elsewhere) but works well when applied. Nice feel and look when on properly. Buy lots because in my experience it takes 4 or 5 attempts to get one on correctly.

Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Offered by Cable Matters

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me - very well, 22 April 2014
I have a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display - purchased new from Apple early 2014.
With Mavericks operating system, this adapter does not work out of the box. The driver must be installed.
I downloaded the driver from the URL shown in the first comment below, and installed it on my Mac.
Result: works just fine. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2014 1:59 PM BST

Apple iPhone 5c 16GB White SIM-Free Smartphone (discontinued by manufacturer)
Apple iPhone 5c 16GB White SIM-Free Smartphone (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars I prefer this to the 5s, 20 Mar. 2014
I have a 64GB 5s. An expensive phone which I'm *very* careful with. I use it in a leather flipcase. Together the phone and case weigh 160g and cost £720. If I dent or scuff the 5s, it'll lose a lot of value.

(I have a 64GB version so I can fit all my music on it, uncompressed).

Compared to the 5s, the 5c is a lot nicer to use:
There's no difference in performance in normal operation.
Its plastic casing is a lot nicer and easier to handle.
Its lower cost and plastic construction mean that feel relaxed enough not to use it in a protective case (I use it only with a screen protector). So in my pocket it is less bulky and weighs only 135g.
The plastic casing is robust...no scratches or marks from being pocketed.

I love it. Am selling the 5s....I have other devices that I can listen to music on. The 5c is a lot more enjoyable to own.

Donzo Case for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 / GT-I9205 white WALLET STRUCTURE
Offered by Avanto GmbH

3.0 out of 5 stars Bulky and does not hold the device in a standing position very firmly., 20 Mar. 2014
This is a very protective case, and the slots for cards are very useful. The device is gripped well too, so no danger of it falling out.

But, the major downsides for me are its bulk and it doesn't hold the Mega in an angled landscape position very well (for when watching a movie, for example). There is only the friction of the leather holding it up, and this isn't enough.

Perixx PERIBOARD-804II, Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - Silver/White - 299x149x19mm - Compatible with iPhone - iPad - iPad Mini - UK Layout (Big Enter)
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely portable keyboard, 18 Mar. 2014
I wanted a cheap, lighweight and compact Blluetooth keyboard for my Samsung Galaxy Tab devices. Am very pleased with this. The keys are nice to type on, are full size, and there's no bulky battery compartment. Instead the keyboard contains a flat Li-ion batery that is charged via the ubiquitous micro-USB cable.

I typed this review in no time at all using this keyboard with my Galaxy Tab.

first4magnets F4MA43M-1 297 x 210 x 0.85 mm Self Adhesive Flexible A4 Magnetic Sheet

3.0 out of 5 stars The adhesive is strong, the magnet not particularly so, 18 Mar. 2014
Can be cut to shape. Great.
The adhesive works very well on most surfaces.
The magnet is not particularly strong. I tried to use it to hold up an iPhone to a magnetic phone holder in a car. I have other adhesive magnets that can do this, but unfortunately this one was way too weak.

XE-CREE MR16 3*4 12W Dimmable LED Spotlight Bulb Warm White
XE-CREE MR16 3*4 12W Dimmable LED Spotlight Bulb Warm White
Offered by The Warm Light Company Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased until it stopped working after six months, 18 Mar. 2014
By far the brightest MR16 LED unit I have found. Unlike others I've tried, this really does replace a 50W standard halogen or 35W dichroic halogen. It is so good, no-one noticed the change from the dichroic to this. Will buy again if proves to be reliable. Will update the review in 6 months (or sooner if it fails). It is used in an an ensuite bathroom to our master bedroom so will be used a fair bit.

I don't have a dimmer switch so I cannot test its function in this regard.

UPDATE: after six months it started flickering badly and then stopped working completely. Won't replace with the same.

Techgear Matte/Anti Glare LCD Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5S/5C/5 (Pack of 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, 18 Mar. 2014
For me, this is too close to the edges, which means it is extremely hard (impossible in normal to be honest) to apply the protectors and get a bubble-free edge. Will not buy again.

The finish of the surface is ok. Fairly smooth.

SanDisk SDSDX-016G-FFP 16 GB 45 MB/s Extreme SDHC Card (Packaging Varies)
SanDisk SDSDX-016G-FFP 16 GB 45 MB/s Extreme SDHC Card (Packaging Varies)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap but it is fast and reliable, 3 Mar. 2014
I use mine in a Canon EOS1100 SLR.
It works fine, for movies, normal photography and rapid-fire photography.
No problems when taking the card out of my camera and reading from it on my MacMini or MacBook Pro.
Highly recommended.