Profile for Shane Slade > Reviews

Content by Shane Slade

Shane Slade (Sevenoaks, Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Mohammed's Koran: Why Muslims Kill For Islam
Mohammed's Koran: Why Muslims Kill For Islam
by Peter McLoughlin

5.0 out of 5 stars A Churchillian Effort, 6 Aug. 2017
This is the most important book I have read. You should buy it before it becomes the victim of the diktats of the Iiberal elite and is removed from sale by force of law. This country has over the last twenty years undergone a fundamental change to our values and beliefs. And not for the better.Politicians of all colours willingly submitted to the EU pressure to allow free movement of people's across borders whether they shared our values or otherwise. Further there has been to this the political Left's commitment to multiculturism and diversity which have been adopted by the centrist Tory party. All governments have also allowed Saudi money to fund fundamentalist organisations in the UK in exchange for money and arms contracts

More specifically as if to deliberately undermine our way of life and Christian values, many hundreds of thousands of Muslims have been given leave to stay. This book explains why we should be fearful of such a reckless course. Anyone who reads the Koran with an open mind will know that violence is within the DNA of Islam. Violence is its raison d' etre. It was written by a warlord as a manual for his followers. For those stating that most Muslims are peaceful it should be noted that their prophet called the peaceful Muslims "hypocrites" for their lack of violence. In any society it only takes an influential small percentage to lead the vast majority. With Allah on your side who can fail.

Tommy sets out in his very informative introduction, the sad violent history of Islam and the pathetic manner in which our politicians have bowed their heads to Islam because of the potential threat of violence.

It had been estimated that Muslims cost the UK a net disbenefit of £15 billion each year and the figure is growing fast. Over 75% of Muslim women and 50% of Muslim men have no jobs. Their many children will never feel part of the indigenous host nation as integration is not what Islam is about. This stores up many serious problems in the near future.

I wish I could find one grain of optimism in confronting the problems imported into our country by politicians who appeared to want to rub our noses into a he dirt. They have succeeded up to a point. If we can exit the appalling Fascist EU and stop any more Islamic immigration, this may be a start. We must however all speak up. They can't put us all in jail for hate speech. In the meantime a big "thank you" to Tommy for putting his life on the line for the benefit of us all.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2017 1:50 PM BST

Understanding Brexit Options: What future for Britain?
Understanding Brexit Options: What future for Britain?
by David Kauders

1.0 out of 5 stars Brexit Basher, 3 Dec. 2016
I should first say I am a great admirer of the author's other works and his insightful analysis and views on the UK's and indeed the world's economies. However the topic of Brexit is a deeply emotional subject and betrays visceral feelings which can undermine a more objective assessment.

The author is a fervent Remainer. His argues passionately against Brexit on the basis that the UK economy would suffer considerable financial loss. He is dismissive of concerns over immigration which he finds unfounded and tasteless. He says we will have less sovereignty after Brexit not more. He urges another Brexit Referendum as he feels people voted Brexit for different reasons which in hindsight they would change if asked after the implications of Brexit are explained to them. The author even formulates a suggested wording for the second Referendum, the wording to which begs a Remain vote.

To my mind the author takes too pessimistic view of the financial outcome of the Brexit vote. Such pessimism was a feature of the Remain campaign and its Project Fear and as we know ther has been no such drastic financial outcomes. Any temporary losses can easily in my view be offset by practical steps to save money. It has been estimated that useless quangos cost this country £100 billion a year. Costs savings by abandoning pointless military interventions and vanity projects like HS2 would save billions as would ceasing the foreign aid budget. The list is endless.

I feel that the Brexit vote is a populist vote to some extent in that politicians are mistrusted. After all, not one person voted to join the EU. Successive governments introduced a federal type organisation by stealth. There are now signs that the with the growing populist feeling the EU will cease to exist in the very foreseeable future such that there will be nothing to Brexit from. I for one hope so.

Andoer® Contoured Guitar Cushion Leather Cover Built-in Sponge Soft Durable Portable
Offered by woteritrade

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this item and keep your feet firmly planted on the ground., 14 Aug. 2016
The classic pose of the classical guitarist with his right leg raised on a stool always looked a bit awkward and definitely was uncomfortable for me. I therefore decided to try this item. It perfectly provides the support required to the guitar whilst allowing both feet to be firmly planted on the floor. This potentially avoids any damage to the right elevated hip and feels very comfortable. The product itself is of superior quality and appears of a durable leather make and comes in a soft case. I recommend this item.

Nextbase 312GW Full 1080p HD In Car Dash Cam Camera DVR Digital Driving Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi
Offered by iZilla

5.0 out of 5 stars Car Cam Cameo, 14 Aug. 2016
As a technophobe I am always wary of buying anything that might require technical expertise in its operation. However given the number of idiotic drivers one comes across with increasing occurrence I have decided to give this product a try. I was glad I did. Yes the online guide is a daunting 64 pages but the quick set up guide included in the packaging enabled me to be up and running immediately.

Very impressive and compact camera that fits discretely behind the rear view mirror and gives a very adequate range of camera vision . I am now considering buying one for the back window to stop the tailgating!

The Counsellor [DVD]
The Counsellor [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Wise Counsel, 9 Dec. 2015
This review is from: The Counsellor [DVD] (DVD)
This film can be criticised on so many levels. It is derivative and phoney with a creaky plot. And yet I have watched it five times and will probably watch it again. I suppose on reflection the reason is threefold. Firstly the actors do a very professional job with the little material they have to hand. Second there is the pevasive evil throughout the film of the manipulative Cameron Diaz character. Probably spurred by the boredom of riches she is merciless in achieving her immoral ambitions. We have all probably encountered such a person to some degree and in hindsight consider ourselves lucky to have escaped any lasting damage. Lastly the film exhibits graphically the sometimes sad and irreversible consequences of greed which can also affect those innocently but closely associated with the greedy.

The Story of Mohammed Islam Unveiled
The Story of Mohammed Islam Unveiled
by Harry Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars An urgent call for Alarm, 29 Nov. 2015
This is a timely publication following recent terrorist world events as it offers an interpretation of the reasons and rationale for these events. It also offers an alarming forecast of worst things to come. This is a compelling read and I urge you to buy the book.

PocketStrings 99/1762444481 Guitar Practice Accessory
PocketStrings 99/1762444481 Guitar Practice Accessory

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my Ears, 13 July 2015
My first impression was to return this item. There were two issues. The first was personal. My fingers are on the short side and I play a Parlour te guitar to accommodate this. Pocketstrings uses a standard space fretting which at first touch was to wide for me. However it took very little time and effort to overcome this.
Secondly I found that on one side of the fretboard the frets had not been smoothed down and the metal was snagging my fingers. I had to use a file to take the edge off all the 6 frets.
However now the good part. I bought the item to save humping my guitar on holiday. Personally I can vouch for the usefulness of the gizmo. I practised in the car, on the train and in queues. I have no doubt in recommending it as a practice tool. Thanks to the first reviewer who gave it a positive review which influenced me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2016 6:31 PM GMT

Having You [DVD]
Having You [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Friel

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Gem, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Having You [DVD] (DVD)
I was doubtful if this film would be released on Amazon as I first saw it on satellite TV and hadn't noticed its release on the general cinema circuit. So I was very pleased that I can now own a print of it. The film has no car chases and you will not be regaled with alien invasion monsters.

This film is a story of a life changing event when a former girl friend brings news to upset the ordered life and marriage plans of a past lover. It is a very moving tale that is brilliantly portrayed by the ensemble of actors.

I was very impressed by the soundtrack of three or four songs by different artists which enhance the scenes and emotions. The artists are Fionn Regan (Be Good or Be Gone) and Nathaniel Rateliff (We Never Win) whose albums containing these songs can be purchased (as I have done) on Amazon. Another song of particular note was Names and Races by Foreign Fields which I think can be downloaded from their own site.

Buy this film! It is a mini classic .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2015 11:29 AM GMT

Greek Grammar
Greek Grammar
by HW Smyth

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Treat for Attic Lovers, 27 July 2012
This review is from: Greek Grammar (Hardcover)
The 1984 hardback edition with the brown cover is the edition to buy. I do not think this comes in paperback on Amazon.

Dip into any random page and there is a rewarding exposition of any aspect of ancient greek. There is no condescension or pomposity.

The multiplicity of examples illustative of a grammatical point are often witty and memorable.

The only complaint I would have is that the type on the examples can be on small size. But then perhaps its my age!

Buy and enjoy!

La Gran Aventura de Tarzán (Tarzan's Greatest Adventure)
La Gran Aventura de Tarzán (Tarzan's Greatest Adventure)

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time if you want an English version, 27 July 2012
Looked forward to this film which was well acted and scripted. Unfortunately despite assurances on packaging it was totally impossible to select English version without subtitles. The DVD simply refused to allow changes.Total waste of time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2015 3:18 PM GMT