Profile for Songlines > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Whirlpool Washing Machine, WWDC 6400/1, 1400 RPM
Whirlpool Washing Machine, WWDC 6400/1, 1400 RPM

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good machine, 5 Mar. 2015
I love my new Whirlpool washing machine, after a bad start (get the machine installed by a qualified person) I am now very pleased with all the programs and the timing and everything.

New Pyramid Organic Gardening Basics: Successful organic gardening in 5 easy steps (Pyramids)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 19 Sept. 2014
A comprehensive and short to the point little book full of good tips. I liked it immediately.

Pruning and Tidying (Bob's Basics)
Pruning and Tidying (Bob's Basics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots and lots of information, 19 Sept. 2014
A very good and informative book. It was my first introduction to pruning and to be honest I am still a little confused, so maybe the book covered too many areas. It was good though.

Composting (Bob's Basics)
Composting (Bob's Basics)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book on composting, 6 Sept. 2014
Another great read on composting with some different information to what I was reading before. Very interesting and useful. Again a book to have around for reference and further building of knowledge on composting. Very happy with the contents.

The Organic Book of Compost
The Organic Book of Compost
by Pauline Pears

5.0 out of 5 stars A very worthwhile read, 6 Sept. 2014
Very good advice and explanation of composting. Now composting, which before was a shore, becomes something really interesting, knowing what happens in the compost bin, the release of all the nutrients to go back into the soil is just lovely to know, and I know that my plants are going to benefit from it all. So now I take delight in composting, and even more than just vegetable refuse, I am now using paper and cardboard too. Well worth having this book around for reference.

Children of Immortal Bliss: A New Perspective on Our True Identity Based on the Ancient Vedanta Philosophy of India
by Paul Hourihan

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this book so much, 6 July 2014
I would recommend this book so much. I totally get what the author is trying to bring over. I find that after reading some of the writings of` Sri Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta, Paul Hourihan does bring a lot of clarity in the ancient Vedanta philosophy. It is a joy to read this book, I could not put it down, though I will read it again soon. Such clarity shines from it's pages.

Tous Les Matins Du Monde (All The Mornings Of The World, d. Alain Corneau) (1991) -Digitally Restored & Remastered 2-DVD Set
Dvd ~ Jean-Pierre Marielle

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant movie, 18 Jan. 2014
The Viola-da-gamba music in this movie is brilliant. The movie is about the lives of Sainte Colombe and Marin Marais, both masters of the Viola da gamba performance and composers. If you like this sort of music you must definitely watch this movie. Excellent!

Albinoni: Adagio/Pachelbel: Canon
Albinoni: Adagio/Pachelbel: Canon

5.0 out of 5 stars Albinoni - a favourite among others, 18 Jan. 2014
Gave him full rating as I am very found of music by Albinoni. Bought it as a present for my partner who also loves Albinoni's music.

Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker - White
Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bread, 18 Jan. 2014
Very please about this bread maker. You do need to follow the instructions of the recipe totally, and be very precise especially about the amount of yeast you put in which I found out after a few failures in the beginning. Great bread, easy to make!

Waking The Tiger: Healing Trauma - The Innate Capacity to Transform Overwhelming Experiences
by Peter A. Levine

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 18 Jan. 2014
I found the book informative and easy to digest, it lived up to my expectations to satisfy my curiosity as to why the author said what he said and what was his theory about trauma, which all of us live through at some time in our lives, the book shows how even an insignificant event, or a small car crash can have an effect on the body, though we would think nothing of it at the time as was the case with my experience of a car crash.
So, yes I would recommend this book to all therapists, and doctors, your insight may well help your patients/clients down the line.
Glad I read it for sure.
I did not give it the full five stars as one can never be too sure about anything you read on these sort of subjects, my mind is always open and I don't perse believe everything to the letter, always learning more, and in this sense this book also added to my general knowledge of how the mind affects the body, and how trauma can affect health.

Page: 1 | 2