Profile for J. Brady > Reviews

J. Brady

Gravity
Gravity

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Gravity (MP3 Download)
In my opinion, this is Lecrae's best album yet. With the others, for me it was hit and miss. Saw him live in Manchester for the Gravity launch tour, and it was unbelievably good. No songs I'm bored of or don't like. Definitely buy this album!

Coldplay Live 2012 [DVD+CD--DVD Case]
Coldplay Live 2012 [DVD+CD--DVD Case]
Dvd ~ Coldplay

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 12 Dec. 2012
Really looked forward to this coming out. Really doesn't disappoint. Great that you get both the DVD and CD for under £10. Not bad at all. Video is really well done.

So It Continues
So It Continues

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: So It Continues (MP3 Download)
Great album. Doesn't really have any songs I'm bored of or don't like. Good, Christian rap music. Would definitely recommend others buy it!

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
by Francis Chan

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 13 April 2012
It is not one of those books you read once. In fact, you probably shouldn't just read it twice. It's one of those books you should read over and over again. The best feature of the book is that Francis Chan brings together depth and simplicity in everything he writes about, something that is very hard, but important, to combine. This book is perhaps one of the most challenging books I've ever read. Without spoiling the book for you, here's three things that stood out to me in the book:

GOD IS INFINITELY GREATER THAN WE'LL EVER KNOW

This is such a simple thing, one of those things I've always known, but so many times in my life I've rushed into the presence of God without recognising this. Whether that be in Church on a Sunday, or in private, there's times in my life where I rush into the presence of God without really taking the time to realise who I'm worshiping or talking to. God is the one who merely spoke and the universe came in to being. How many times do we sit and actually think about how incredible that is? It's good practice to stop praying or worshiping for a moment to take the time to think about the awesome God you have come before.

LOVING GOD BEGINS WITH KNOWING WHO HE IS

Even though God is infinitely greater than we'll ever know, He has chosen to reveal Himself to us through His word. Taking a moment to think about who God is, to read about who He is, and all that He has done transforms the way you pray and worship. Suddenly your priorities in prayer shift. You realise the things that are most important. Your life changes. Seeing God for who He really is, as well as leaving us in awe, brings about a pursuit that drives us to seek, know and love Him more. When you think about God, are you left in awe? Does it drive you to seek, know and love Him more?

GOD'S LOVE FOR US IS OVERWHELMING

Our love for God will never be perfect. We are weak, we are human. But His love for us goes vastly beyond anything we can imagine. God sent His only Son, whom He loved, to come and die for us. We were bought back with a price, the death of the Son of God. What else do we need to see the great love with which God loves us? So then our response is to come before Him, humbly, in reverence, recognising who He is, and to lay our lives at His feet, for His purpose and His glory alone.

This book obviously has a lot more to offer. It tries to remind us that the incredible God of the universe loves us, and that in turn we should relentlessly love Him. Our lives need to match our words. It's easy to slip into a routine (without intending to) with God, to have 10/15 minutes at the start or end of the day dedicated to spending time with God, but loving God should not be a routine. I'm not against setting time aside each day to read the bible, pray and worship, but if that is the extent of our relationship with God then there's a problem. It's great to learn new things, but it's also important to remind ourselves of the things we already know. To make sure the extent of our knowledge of, and love for God is not a routine but everything that we are living and breathing.

Please do buy this book. I think it does an incredible job at challenging us to take a step back and just check our lives to make sure they match our words.

On Church Leadership (Book You'll Actually Read) (A Book You'll Actually Read)
On Church Leadership (Book You'll Actually Read) (A Book You'll Actually Read)
by Mark Driscoll

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 12 Jan. 2010
This book remains biblically faithful and true from start to finish. Easy and pretty short to read. Deals with sensitive and controversial issues surrounding church leadership very well. I would highly recommend this book.