Profile for R. J. Marks > Reviews

Chrome Sink Plug with Chain for Hand Washing Basin 1 1/2 Inch
Chrome Sink Plug with Chain for Hand Washing Basin 1 1/2 Inch
Offered by E2Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 Aug. 2016
A quality product that arrived very quickly and works perfectly.

Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player
Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly disappointed, 17 Nov. 2015
Having had a Fire TV box for some time, I decided to invest in a Fire TV stick for the tele in my bedroom. Unfortunately I have had nothing but trouble! The key issue has been the use of the remote, which only works intermittently and in very close range to the device. After much messing around, reading up on advice on pairing and trying every fix known to man, I finally contact Amazon and a helpful chap rang me and said he would send a new one out. It turned out that the 'new one' was just a new remote and the same problem persisted - it would pair for a short time and then drop out so it was impossible to search or make a selection. After another phone call, a second entire device was sent out which I have just excitedly set up and, hey presto, I have the same problem! It seems that the remote will only work if it is no more than 50cm from the stick itself, which somewhat negates the whole point of a remote control. There is an HDMI extender adaptor in the box, which it suggests will enhance the link to the remote but this requires you to buy an extra HDMI cable, which I do not have and, quite frankly, do not wish to spend even more money on. Surely, if you produce a device with a remote control, it should work within 2 or 3 metres of the device without having to buy extra kit? As you may be able to tell, I am pretty fed up with the performance of the product- Amazon, I expected much better from you!

Scratch Programming in easy steps: Covers Versions 2.0 and 1.4
Scratch Programming in easy steps: Covers Versions 2.0 and 1.4
by Sean McManus

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Introduction to Scratch, 14 Jun. 2014
As a teacher, I bought this to help myself understand the power of Scratch before I got my class started on it. I found it a very easy to follow and helpful book that taught me how to create a great range of Scratch projects. My Y5/6 class have tried several of the projects with great success and many have gone on to buy the book themselves to explore further. Perfect for the new 2014 UK Computing Curriculum.

Jumpstart! Grammar: Games and activities for ages 6-14
Jumpstart! Grammar: Games and activities for ages 6-14
by Pie Corbett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for SPAG ideas, 14 Jun. 2014
I am a Y5/6 teacher and can see this little gem of a book is going to be very useful. As well as some excellent and succinct explanations of various grammar points (in line with the 2014 curriculum, as far as I can see) there are plenty of fabulous games and activities to help the children develop their own understanding.
Another gem from these two excellent authors, that follows in the footsteps of Jumpstart Literacy.

Russell Hobbs Easy Toaster 19990 - Black
Russell Hobbs Easy Toaster 19990 - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Product broke within 3 weeks, 14 Jun. 2014
All seemed well with this toaster at first, but then, a few weeks into use it nearly caused a fire as all the elements on one side stopped heating up and the ones on the other seriously over heated. Thank fully I was nearby and so a serious incident was avoided. I did test it our several more time under careful conditions but it really was kaput and so I had to send it back.

Belkin TuneBase Handsfree FM Transmitter with Lightning Connector for iPhone SE/5 and 5s

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product - don't bother with cheaper imitations., 14 Jun. 2014
I finally decided to buy this after having had a disastrous time with a cheaper imitation from China. I am pleased to report that this is worth the price for all the following reasons (all of which the cheap one failed on):-
1. The Tunebase unit fits securely into my car lighter (a Yaris) so that it doesn't swing around.
2. It holds the iPhone 5c securely WITH a cover on.
3. The Clearscan helpfully finds the best FM channel to use so you can then find this on your radio.
4. The sound quality is good (mind you, I am not fussy about this as long as I can hear clearly).
5. The charger works, and you can have the phone on charge and still happily listen to the car radio without a problem.

I have not yet used the device as a handsfree to have a conversation (and am fairly unlikely to), so can't comment on this.

I put off buying this for ages but am VERY glad that I finally succumbed and can now enjoy my audio books and music in the car whilst using my phone for Satnav and charging it up too.

TUFFskinz iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 Premium Quality Screen Protectors : Anti Glare Matte edition Anti finger print (2 in Pack - Front)
Offered by TUFFskinz

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality, 19 Mar. 2014
I am really pleased with the quality of this product - it certainly lives up to it's name of TUFFskinz. The product also comes with excellent tips for a smooth application and various extras, including cleaning cloth, smoothing card and some very nifty stickers for picking up dust and positioning the protector on your phone. I have used many different makes of screen protectors before and would say this is definitely the very best of the lot.