Profile for GFH > Reviews

Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby
Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby
by Dr Caroline Fertleman

1.0 out of 5 stars Abusive Bull s%*t!, 19 Sept. 2016
Purely for the 'don't worry if your baby is sick' part- there is so much research that shows how damaging letting your baby become so distressed is, look for alternatives, sleep deprivation is torture (trust me, I know) but it's natural for babies to wake frequently- it's not manipulation. Your baby will get there, you don't have to be neglectful to "teach" a baby to sleep.

first4magnets F4MF12BK-1 12.7 mm Wide x 0.76 mm Thick Magnetic Gridding Tape - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless, 2 Dec. 2015
Not even a tiny bit magnetic. Totally pointless. One star for the refund

The Gentle Sleep Book: For calm babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
The Gentle Sleep Book: For calm babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
by Sarah Ockwell-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your sanity and buy it!, 23 July 2015
if you want reassurance you're not alone in your fight for sleep, that leaving your baby to cry feels wrong and you're right not to want to do it, that your instincts have been screaming one thing but well meaning friends, family and *gulp* even professionals have been saying another- this is the book for you. Balanced, informative and so comforting, I have bought this book for ever new mama I know. It's not the magic answer (hint: there isn't one), but hell its helped me down off a ledge on several nights when I thought "what am I doing SO wrong". Love it

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for an active baby, 18 Mar. 2015
My baby is 7 months and dangerously leaning out of her bouncy chair so I was looking for something to replace it for when I shower... This looked ideal but sadly isn't the answer. Within 5 minutes she had squirmed out of it and was stuck in the bottom. She can sit but it didn't entertain her long enough to stop an escape attempt. Shame.

The Baby Bedtime Book
The Baby Bedtime Book

1.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 10 Feb. 2015
I bought this as it had such high reviews and I was feelings pretty desperate about getting my baby to sleep for longer!

I returned it as I was very shocked at the suggested method of making a baby go 4 hours between feeds. As a former Breast Feeding support worker and with a post graduate degree in Early Years, the methods seemed to fly in the face of all the advice on demand feeding your baby and at best is risky, at worst dangerous. If babies are failings to thrive or have low weight gain, it can be to do with not feeding enough. Babies have tiny tummies that need feeding little and often. Not every four hours from a couple weeks that's your lot buddy your on a schedule!

The author was quite gentle in that she kept saying "this is just my way, it works but don't feel you have to follow it". it might well work but I'm not so desperate I'll risk my child's health or wellbeing.

Complete Pregnancy Fitness [DVD]
Complete Pregnancy Fitness [DVD]
Dvd ~ Erin O'Brien

3.0 out of 5 stars Good if you're used to working out, 29 Jan. 2014
The workout is good and i like how it is broken into sections. Wouldn't say it was for a total beginner, it works you harder than you think. I agree with another review that said the living room, home video style was a bit off putting but I got used to it and quite like the instructor. I did find the cutesie nursery rhyme type music irritating though, just because it's for pregnancy doesn't mean we want to hear that kind of music!! Didn't personally find it too"jumpy around" as others have, thought it was a good balance overall. I should add that I'm 11 weeks pregnant so it may be that as time goes on I find it tougher.

What To Expect When You're Expecting Fitness DVD
What To Expect When You're Expecting Fitness DVD
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 28 Jan. 2014
I have been an fairly regular exerciser pre pregnancy using Jillian Michaels around 3 times a week. I've been so tired in the first 11 weeks that even trying Jillian left me defeated. This is a great mix of cardio, strength and stretching done in a really lovely style that is manageable however you're feeling. It's nice to see people that are looking more like me than the model slim workout girls of regular DVDs. The reminder of being connected to your baby and that it's not just about looking good, but being strong for your baby, is a really nice touch.

It only loses a star because the first workout I tried was a cardio one and it didn't feel as though there is much warm up or cool down within the individual 10 mins, I'm ok at making up my own but if you're not used to working out it might be left out, leaving you achey the next day.