Profile for Ian Graham > Reviews

Content by Ian Graham

Ian Graham (Camberley, England)

Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)
Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING AMAZON Fire TV Stick, 9 Nov. 2015
Really easy to set up. After the initial buffering, which takes about 15 seconds into the programmes, the picture and sound are very good. More than I expected. Great product; would recommend to everyone!

Empire of Silver (Conqueror, Book 4)
Empire of Silver (Conqueror, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked to the last page!, 11 Nov. 2014
Conn Iggulden takes us on a rip-roaring tide of battles, military strategem, new weaponry with lots of blood, internal feuding, death, and unimaginable destruction of an empire.
We are offered a great breath of literal delights of the transitional period of turmoil between Genghis and Kublai; as the brothers, sons and grandsons fight and contrive evil plots for the succession to be Khan of the Wolves and the Mongolian Empire.
I am always struck by Conn's relentless conditioning of the everyday details, so that we can thrive in our own pictorial knowledge in the lives of the Mongol horde. Descriptions of the food, drink (Mostly Airag!), clothing and the amazing geography of the landscapes they conquer are superbly fashioned in every chapter.
I really miss the violent, ruthlessly selfish but intelligent Ghengis; but this continues a fantastic story on the lives of Ogedai and Chagatai. A thoroughly entertaining narrative of the struggles and strife of the 13th century. I can't wait for the next Iggulden project.

My Christmas (International Standard Version)
My Christmas (International Standard Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful listening, 8 Sept. 2013
I gave this 5 stars because every song is beautifully sung by this very gifted artist. I liked all the songs; particularly the Lord's prayer (With the Mormon Tabernacle Choir) and Cantique De Noel (Andrea's French version of Oh Holy Night). I would recommend this to anyone who has a love of operatic music.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, 16 May 2013
I saw these advertised and as I play Mizuno clubs MP36 Blades, I thought I would give them a go. The ball itself is good around the greens but not as long as the top brands; so very good for the low handicap golfer. The actual cover lasts well and doesn't tear up up much; the only drawback is that it discolours quickly, even after just 2 or 3 rounds! I would still recommend this ball, especially for competition play. After the 2/3 rounds put it in the practice bag.

Kolay Dual-Port Cigarette Lighter Adaptor
Kolay Dual-Port Cigarette Lighter Adaptor
Offered by iDelta UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Double Cigarette Socket - Good Idea!, 19 Mar. 2010
This is a simple and easy to use product. It more or less 'does what it says on the tin!'. I can now use both my satnav and Ipod Itrip at the same time. Initially it looked bit large, but when in place you don't really notice it at all. Product arrived well packaged and on time, so many thanks to the team at iDelta.

Leather Cover Case for Sony e-Reader PRS-505
Leather Cover Case for Sony e-Reader PRS-505

4.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 15 May 2009
The product itself is very good, however as I found out you do not need it as the Sony reader comes with its own (Very Similar) cover.

Lords of the Bow: The Epic Story of the Great Conqueror (Conqueror 2)
Lords of the Bow: The Epic Story of the Great Conqueror (Conqueror 2)
by Conn Iggulden

5.0 out of 5 stars Lords of the Bow - Conn Iggulden, 30 Jun. 2008
I have now read all of Conn's books and without doubt he is getting better and better. All the stories, especially Lords of the Bow, are well researched with Conn's distictive storytelling giving the reader the Iggulden novel nuances. Whilst greying out the unimportant facts the stories do not require, Conn alludes to them in his historical notes at the end of each book.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Emperor series on the life of Julius Caesar but I have become completely hooked on Conqueror and Ghengis Khan's fantastic ideology. From his struggle with the harsh way of life for the Mongols coupled with the internal turmoil of distrust of his own tribe, Conn's adaptation is a masterpiece of emotion, shock, disbelief and joy in every chapter. I am on tenterhooks waiting for September 2008 for the publication of the 3rd book.