Profile for Little spud > Reviews

Content by Little spud

Little spud "starfish" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
SEAWHITE Black Cloth Cover Sketchbook 140gsm Landscape A5
SEAWHITE Black Cloth Cover Sketchbook 140gsm Landscape A5
Offered by Seawhite of Brighton Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardwearing wonders that will take lots of abuse, 7 April 2017
These are brilliant sketchbooks. I'm a professional mixed-media artist and have tried all types of sketchbooks, but keep coming back to these hardwearing wonders. They will take lots of abuse - collage, watercolour, gouache, acrylic etc (not sure why one reviewer had trouble with watercolour. Yes, if you soak them they will not remain pristine and flat, but its a sketchbook, not meant for fine watercolours to frame!) Paper is nice and thick. By the way, the concertina ones are great too. For the price they are superior to many more expensive ones.

Oasis
Oasis
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars There's a great story behind this, make the series!, 25 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Oasis (Amazon Video)
I read the book this is based on (The book of strange new things) which I enjoyed but felt needed editing down somewhat, so I've a good idea of the story which is pretty different from the usual sci-fi fare. A tv series based on it has great potential. The pilot was well-made, intriguing and well-acted and looks great, please make it a series!

Clementoni 31982 "Venice" High Quality Collection (1500-Piece)
Clementoni 31982 "Venice" High Quality Collection (1500-Piece)
Offered by Toystar UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor photo, 19 Dec. 2016
Disappointed. Dull poor quality photo, not very inspiring, so I'm sending it back.

Lightning Heart
Lightning Heart
by Damien Barr

3.0 out of 5 stars A printed e-book is not for me, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Lightning Heart (Paperback)
I'm disappointed with this book, I'm sorry to say. I really enjoyed 'Maggie and Me' and leapt at this 'new' one by the author. This seems to be a good story with interesting characters in it, but for me the reading experience has been spoilt by the way it has been produced. The blank book cover (apart from the front design), lack of page numbers, lack of info about the author or the book, date written, etc, plus the poorly edited (or unedited?) text which is full of glaring typos affected my enjoyment of the novel. It's pretty obvious this has been printed direct from an ebook. I prefer the 'real book' experience which is what I thought I was getting.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2014 7:29 AM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Misleading colour in photo, 20 Nov. 2014
Pretty, good sized tote bag, with handy matching 'wallet', which can be used for money/cards or as a cosmetic purse. The bag top zips up which is useful in the rain or for deterring light fingers. The reason I haven't given it 5 stars is that the background colour to the flowered outer surface looks white or at least a v pale cream. on the photo. It isn't, it's a rather unattractive yellowey beige. Had I known this I would have bought a different bag.

Lifeform Three
Lifeform Three
by Roz Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Very glad I got round to reading it, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Lifeform Three (Paperback)
Like another of your reviewers it's been a long time since I read science fiction and I stalled for some weeks before buying this book. Well I'm very glad I did finally get round to it. Thank you Roz Morris for a very readable and thoughtful story with a non-human character who was more human than many who have populated other novels I've read. I was sorry to say goodbye to Paftoo and co. Like all the best fiction it holds up a mirror to our contemporary selves and it's an uncomfortable view. A very enjoyable tale that would make a good film in the right hands.

Wilderness
Wilderness
by Lance Weller

5.0 out of 5 stars poignant and gripping, 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Wilderness (Paperback)
I felt bereft when I finished this beautifully written tale of a reclusive veteran of the American Civil War. It may be poetic but it pulls no punches in describing the horrors and waste of war, visited in chapters looking to the past and interspersed with chapters following the dangers and trials of the present life of this lonely old man. Ultimately there is redemption in the kindness of strangers, the love of a faithful dog. One of the best novels I have read for a while, its characters haunt me still.

Mr Lynch's Holiday
Mr Lynch's Holiday
by Catherine O'Flynn

4.0 out of 5 stars another enjoyable tale from O'Flynn, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Mr Lynch's Holiday (Hardcover)
I very much enjoyed the author's other books and this latest lived up to her growing reputation.
It was good to spend time in the gentle company of Mr Lynch as he visits his hapless son in Spain, on an impromptu holiday and manages to help him sort his life out, while discovering a new life for himself.
An entertaining read. The only reason I didnt give it 5 stars is that I try to save that rating for any outstanding novels I've read.

Sharon iPad 4 Retina iPad 3 iPad 2 Ultrathin Keyboard Cover Smart Cover QWERTY
Sharon iPad 4 Retina iPad 3 iPad 2 Ultrathin Keyboard Cover Smart Cover QWERTY

5.0 out of 5 stars superb service, 22 Oct. 2013
Nice idea and product - a handy keyboard/cover for longer typing/editing on the iPad wherever I need it. I like the strong magnetic catch that pulls iPad into position when offered up to the keyboard too. But the main reason for 5 stars is - I lost my usb cable before I had chance to recharge the keyboard (it lasts well on a charge) and after hunting high and low for it, contacted the distributors Leicke through Amazon. They emailed back straight away promising a FREE replacement usb cable with FREE delivery. They were as good as their word, even emailing me to let me know it may take a few days longer than they'd prefer. Thank you Leicke for a great product and an even better service!

FLOATING SHELVES RECLAIMED SOLID WOOD RUSTIC WALL SHELF IN CHERRY FINISH 6 FT LONG - PERFECT FOR LIVING ROOM, KITCHEN, BATHROOM, OFFICE

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning shelf!, 20 Aug. 2013
So pleased with my new shelf. Its a lovely colour, beautifully finished and very easy to put up. It looks stunning! It was really well-packed too. Would definitely recommend.

Page: 1 | 2