Profile for Bluesarat > Reviews

Content by Bluesarat

Bluesarat "Sara T x" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
The Urchin: Plague of Vampires
The Urchin: Plague of Vampires

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly readable and highly enjoyable!, 30 Dec. 2013
Lord of the Flies meets The Lost Boys..highly readable,would appeal to mature adults wanting a satisfying light read and YA audience..through the downing of a pilot and his craft,his rescue by a group of kids and repatriation to their home..what was once their school but is now a heavily armed fortress, run under strict discipline to protect themselves against their former schoolmates and teachers..you guessed it,they are vampires.There has been a major apocalyptic incident and none of the world is as was but here the rules have been bent further,we have mean vampires,the kids under Vance's leadership have become self sufficient and a tight team..but it doesn't take too much for cracks to appear.Loyalties,friendships and brotherhood are explored and tested during the struggle for survival coming to a completely satisfying conclusion..one of those books that just leaves a great taste after finishing!!Will look for more by this author,highly readable!

Pipe Dreams (The Priscilla Strain Book 1)
Pipe Dreams (The Priscilla Strain Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative and Attention Capturing!, 30 Dec. 2013
A really must read for dystopian fans both mature and YA...brilliant evolving concept in the form of the Priscilla strain and its effects on the human race...a society founded on a tangled web of deceit,the joy of discovering even the most harmless characters are not simply themselves...plenty of action and captivating people kept me frantically page turning..have not enjoyed a dystopian book like this for some time and it puts some bigger names to shame with its originality..I believe there is a sequel Bitterroot (The Priscilla Strain) and I have added that to my wishlist as I'm eager to follow this story to the end!

Bitter Fruit: A Taste Of The Antholocaust
Bitter Fruit: A Taste Of The Antholocaust
by Justin Osborne

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent short story collection!, 30 Dec. 2013
Loved some of the hapless stars of these shorts...especially the doomsday prepper...very original stories reminded me of the cat's eye films of 3 or 4 short tales..nice variety from zombies to cute pet kitty cats..honest really cute !!..characters from security guards to our hapless doomsday prepper,light hearted entertaining horrors jut right for bedtime!

Nzambi
Nzambi

5.0 out of 5 stars Original very graphic Zombie Novel!, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Nzambi (Kindle Edition)
This author has a wicked descriptive turn making this a stand out read in a packed genre..one of the diamonds..set in a background of slave trading..Brock Allen does not shy away from vividly painting the scenes he wants his reader to see and I did..and I kept turning the page to see more..Interesting story and setting,vivid characters,you can almost smell the shipboard scenes so graphic are they..highly recommended read!

Ugly Babies
Ugly Babies

4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of Twisted Horror Content, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Ugly Babies (Kindle Edition)
A warped collection of horror...scarey reading because it is a taboo subject,children in today's society are princes and princesses..not the case in between this book's covers...excellent collection of flash fiction,poetry and horrific short stories,well worth a good read for those who like original horror that challenges the sensibilities!

The End Of Ever
The End Of Ever

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Entertainig Read!, 24 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The End Of Ever (Kindle Edition)
A very busy story with a multitude of settings and diverse characters,flows along nicely and grabs your attention,nothing is clear until the very last page keeping you gripped to the end...one day I hope we get the chance to return to Ever but what an amazing place..and an authors amazing imagination to create it...really worth a good read!

Hatched (Invisible Spiders Book 1)
Hatched (Invisible Spiders Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars What Happened??, 10 Oct. 2013
This started so well..a genuine horror story in the vein of the early Shaun Hutson/James Herbert books I first read...really original frightening(especially to old arachnophobe,me) concept..I was thoroughly grossed out,gripped by the story and characters..loving the spread of infection,really wanting to see where this goes..then the tale seemed to lose its way,meandering a bit in the section with Billy at work..kept wondering had I missed something? The whole tone had changed but it was a good start so keep reading..then at about 46% into the book I hit the editing errors,as in the advice to correct bits is all still there with the bits uncorrected..quote"Yet,she couldn't bring herself to stop herself(take out herself)" and "attach to paragraph".As I turned to the next page it was unreadable with bits crossed out and notes littered through it,I'm sorry to say but I gave up reading at this point..Don't know what prompted you to release an ebook in this unfinished state but take the time to finish and print it properly and the story could be really good!

Fire and Ash (ROT AND RUIN)
Fire and Ash (ROT AND RUIN)
by Jonathan Maberry

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic title in this amazing series!, 29 Sept. 2013
Just finished devouring my shiny new copy...feeling a little bereft as I believe this is the end of Benny,Nix,Lilah,Chong,Morgie and Riot's journey...beautiful strong teenagers who have faced every challenge imaginable,supported and fought each other through every trial...Faced insurmountable odds with their teeth gritted and come out on the other side only just...Everyone bears the scars,noone has been protected from devastating loss in a truly horrific world....Mr Maberry has created these people whom I,as a reader have loved and gone through every trial,picturing every scene,every drop of sweat and tear shed!!!
This,I believe the final episode has not disappointed,our kids remain true to their characters and their journey has no lack of shocks and horrors to face,including Joe Ledger in his rightful place as a survivor just pulled me in even deeper...the only disappointment in the ending is saying farewell as I close the book to put on the shelf with my other favourites..Excellent Series!

Mace of the Apocalypse
Mace of the Apocalypse

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid four stars..stick with it,it's good!!!, 28 Sept. 2013
First up apologies to the author I received a copy a long while back for reviewing and completely forgot about it BUT the bonus is..I have now read this book because I wanted to not because I had to!
Truly original plotline,zombies in this apocalypse are infected with a terrorists disease,the bad news they are super aggressive and shrieky..ups the scare factor..the good news there is a possibility of developing a vaccine..the bad news again the vaccine may not be all you dreamt of!!!
Really thorough character developement,nice balance of likeable and unlikeable for various reasons.My only concern was the high religious theme that appeared to run in the first part of the book,Iam not religious and as soon as I start to feel preached at,I am likely to remove a book from my kindle,however others may feel differently...but Daniel Williams uses belief to introduce moral values to personalities and characters,he avoids stereotyping ie the non-religious must be bad people by including men like John and his journey..he also has a truly nasty wolf in sheep's clothing in the form of Gilbert,the headmaster...The ethics included in the book are applicable to all people and there are some very human observations and reactions that flesh out the characters like Mace and Jade and make them real..though I had a few doubts about the amount of injury Mace takes at one point and his strength to persevere..thoroughly loved this at the end of the day..As soon as I finish typing my comments I will be looking up the mention of a sequel and reading that at the first opportunity..there is plenty of horror story here for your money,great characters,great moments of pure gross out disgust and horror and some edge of seat reading..solid 4 to 5 star read!

Hellifax (Mountain Man Book 3)
Hellifax (Mountain Man Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Scott's hunt for Tenner!!!, 22 Sept. 2013
As Safari (Mountain Man Book 2) stayed with Gus and the original mountain home,we never forgot that his original companion Scott had departed to hunt down the psychopath murderer Tenner..Tenner killed Scott's companions in Mountain Man and shot Scott in the back leaving him believed dead!! Oops...The tale flicks between Scott's progress to the town of Halifax and Tenner's settling in there..eventually reuniting the two. Of course there are casualities and corpses in abundance on the route..plenty of story and gritty reality..It is actually hard to review this book without plot spoiling so I will keep this short..RATS!!!..and a bittersweet ending!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19