Profile for Andrew McCann > Reviews

Content by Andrew McCann
Top Reviewer Ranking: 209
Helpful Votes: 1934

Andrew McCann (Manchester, England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fitbit Flex Accessory Additional Wrist Bands - Teal/Navy/Tangerine, Large
Fitbit Flex Accessory Additional Wrist Bands - Teal/Navy/Tangerine, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Product, but It Would Have Been Preferred If Each Wrist Band Had Included Its Own Clasp, 22 May 2015
These were purchased for use with my Fitbit Flex, in order to facilitate a colour match with outdoor clothing.

The only criticism I would have is the fact that only one clasp is included and it is necessary to remove this and re-establish it in whichever colour band is being used. In order to avoid this eventuality I purchased additional clasps, which added to the overall expense of purchase.

Puma Sneaker Sock (Pack of 3) - White, Size 6-8
Puma Sneaker Sock (Pack of 3) - White, Size 6-8

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right For My Wife's Purposes, 22 May 2015
My wife really loves these socks, which are comfortable and sufficiently hard-wearing for energetic exercise. The fit was also just right for her. (She wears size 6 shoes.)

Oxford Spanish Dictionary
Oxford Spanish Dictionary

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Superb Dictionary, 22 May 2015
This review is from: Oxford Spanish Dictionary (App)
This dictionary was free when I purchased it, so I cannot complain about the price.

Having been an avid user of the Oxford English Dictionary for years, previously in printed forms and more recently in digital ones, this has made me a real fan of the manner in which they deal with other European languages and the high calibre of content.

Consequently I will most certainly pay the going rate for other language versions, as and when I require them.

Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Airer - 15 m
Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Airer - 15 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit For Purpose and Sufficiently Robust For My Purposes, 22 May 2015
Having recently been obliged to replace a Clothes Airer of similar size by another manufacturer, I chose to purchase this one, as it was required urgently and Prime next day delivery made it a viable option.

It struck me immediately that it was much stronger than the broken one, especially at those points where maximum pressure might take its toll. However on the basis of reviews by others, I intend to be vigilant about exactly how much weight it may realistically stand, especially when the likes of such items as duvets are concerned.

Overall I would rate this as a cost-effective purchase, which facilitates maximum use of space, when being used or stored. However I will update this review in the event that any issues do happen to occur, with the passage of time.

Moonlight energy-saving nightlight
Moonlight energy-saving nightlight
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for My Circumstances, 17 May 2015
This review is from: Moonlight energy-saving nightlight
For several years now I have been using a Moonlight nightlight and recently found it necessary to replace it, due to the plastic pin on the plug connector having snapped off.

Having experimented with various different types of lights over many years in an attempt to add just enough visibility to move around the bedroom in the dark, when necessary and view the time on the wall clock, I find the degree of brightness and the colour just right for my circumstances.

If anything, my latest Moonlight appears to be slightly brighter than the earlier version, but certainly not so bright that it prevents me from sleeping. This is mainly because my preference is to have the main light source directly out of sight (at the foot of the bed), but so positioned that stray light emanating from it is sufficient to cast a gentle highlight, with what I, personally, find to be a soothing hue.

The Last Battle: When U.S. and German Soldiers Joined Forces in the Waning Hours of World War II in Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars A Well-Researched Account of an Absorbing True Event, 12 May 2015
Thirty years ago, I stayed in the village of Itter on several occasions on skiing trips.

Over a period of time, I began to hear about the events that had taken place at Schloss Itter, but was never properly able to unearth the complete details, even though I knew the local terrain, which served as a backcloth for the happenings described in The Last Battle. I can also recall a landlord of a Gasthof in Salzburg recalling his own personal experiences of fighting alongside the Americans, but in those days before the Internet it was not so easy to fathom the precise facts.

I am therefore indebted to Stephen Harding for the thoroughness he has applied in researching this book and providing a thoroughly absorbing picture of the events and those who participated in them.

Bluetooth Pedometer Wireless Activity Tracking Band - Tracks Steps, Distance, Calories Burned and Quality of Sleep - Compatible with Smartphones and Tablets Including iPhone 4/4S/5/5S/5C/6/6 Plus, iPad 2/3/4/Air/Mini, Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4/S5, Galaxy Note 2/3, Galaxy Tab 2/3/4, Amazon Fire Phone, Xperia Z1/Z2, HTC One/One M8 and Google Nexus 5/7/10 (Blue)
Offered by RAAF Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Suitable For My Purposes, As the Essential App Would Not Install, But Appears To Have Some Merits, 8 May 2015
I was unable to use this tracker properly as the app would not load on any of my devices and it required installation of the app in order to initiate a sync appropriately. However I gifted it to another family member who was able to use it with their devices and speaks well of it.

As an alternative I purchased a Fitbit Flex, which would sync with my PC and am now using that and its associated app instead.

Fitbit
Fitbit

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Excellent Means of Monitoring Weight and Fitness Levels, 6 May 2015
This review is from: Fitbit (App)
This has become the app that I use as part of my daily routine, in conjunction with a Fitbit Flex and the Aria Scales.

Having been entering details of the calories contained in specific foods eaten for some time now, I have now built up a database from within the app that makes it very easy indeed to enter what has been eaten and the related calories. It has also made me much more aware of the calories in different foods than I was previously, which has proved to be an additional trigger to weight loss.

It will not sync directly with my Kindle Fire HD (first generation), but it does sync with my PC without any problem. As I use my PC at various intervals during the day, this is not a problem. (The Kindle Fire HD is able to pick up the latest sync received by the PC from the Internet via this app, even though it does not sync directly.)

The app does allow entry of details of common types of exercise activity, but to reflect this properly it would probably require one of the Fitbit range that measures heartbeats, rather than one such as the Flex (which I use), which does not.

Overall, this is a great app, which serves to make weight loss a simple, mathematical process, enhanced by a series of "rewards" (badges of different types), which recognise goals achieved (in relation to weight loss, distances covered etc).

Mrs. Doubtfire [Blu-ray] [1993]
Mrs. Doubtfire [Blu-ray] [1993]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Film and a Reminder of The Talent of Robin Williams, 6 May 2015
My wife and I really loved this the first time around and it still makes us laugh out loud however many times we view it.

The blu-ray version really does add a cinematic quality and it is a great keepsake of a truly original talent in Robin Williams, who sadly is no longer with us.

Pimpernel Classic Black, 6 Placemats + 6 Coasters
Pimpernel Classic Black, 6 Placemats + 6 Coasters
Offered by Placemats

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Effective and of Good Quality, 6 May 2015
The design of these placemats and coasters is both simple and effective contrasting well against my white table cloth. They are well made and of good quality.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20