Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Kindle Shop Fire Shop now Shop now
Profile for Andrew McCann > Reviews

Content by Andrew McCann
Top Reviewer Ranking: 573

Andrew McCann (Manchester, England)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Amazon Fire HD 10 Keyboard Case - UK Layout (5th Generation - 2015 release)
Amazon Fire HD 10 Keyboard Case - UK Layout (5th Generation - 2015 release)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For My Purposes, 21 May 2016
Although it is relatively easy to type on the touch-sensitive screen of the Fire HD 10, due to its large size, as a competent typist I find the keyboard which is built into this case to be much more responsive. As a consequence it is much easier to produce text speedily, which is an important factor for other users with the skill to make the most of it.

It would therefore be true to say that the keyboard adequately transforms the Fire HD 10 into a useful substitute for a laptop or notebook computer.

The case itself is robust and somewhat weighty, which suits me perfectly, as it offers significant protection to the slim, lightweight Fire HD 10. However those wishing for a less weighty more portable means of transporting their Fire HD 10 might wish to consider alternative options.

Home Defence Pro - Advanced Home Pest Control Equipment - The Most Powerful Indoor Pest Control Ultrasonic Repeller Available On Amazon UK - Simply Plug In Set & Forget - 100% Pest Control Satisfaction Guaranteed - Drive Away Those Insect And Rodent Nuisances - Pest Control Products That are Proven To Stop Pests By Using A Unique Mix Of Ultrasonic Waves - Unique Variable Wavelength Technology - An Active Pest Control Deterrent Against Spiders Mice, Moths, Ants, Bugs, Fleas & Many More ...
Offered by Librian Enterprises LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Surprised....but It Actually Seems To Be working, 7 May 2016
For several weeks now, I have been endeavouring to rid my property of a minor mouse infestation.Two were caught in humane traps and removed, but a third (and probably more) were proving particularly elusive to capture, so I chose to purchase this gizmo as a last resort.
To be honest, it sounded too good to be true, but what waivered the balance was the promise of a 30-day, no quibble, money-back guarantee, so what was there to lose?

It struck me that one would probably not serve my purposes, as the mice could easily relocate to another part of the house, so I purchased two of them. One was placed on the landing and another in the kitchen, where a mouse had succeeded in avoiding the peanut-butter and chocolate loaded humane trap and bitten its way into a sack of potatoes instead.

The first night I used a security camera to see whether or not a mouse would venture into the kitchen regardless of the Home Pest Control and one did appear, but only briefly and there was no evidence of any damage. The following two nights it did not appear at all and there have been no observations to suggest that mice have invaded any other part of the house.

It is early days yet, but so far this device seems promising. As the days get warmer, ants usually manage to find their way into the conservatory, so I will be keen to see if it is able to resolve that problem.

I will keep this review updated to show the continued effectiveness of this gadget, but so far so good....

Bosch Rotak 36 LI Ergoflex Cordless 36 V Lithium Ion Rotary Lawnmower Featuring Syneon Chip (37 cm Cutting Width)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Lawn Mower Indeed, if Care Is Taken When Looking After the Li-on Batteries Which Are Expensive to Replace, 17 April 2016
My previous Bosch Rotak (a 34 Li) , which also uses Li-on batteries is still working well after eight years and the batteries are charging sufficiently to cut my front and back lawns after so much time. (They are not particularly large lawns and overall take approximately twenty minutes to cut.) So I have had a good experience of lawn-mowing with this make.

I chose to purchase this model shortly before the cutting season, as it was pitched at a decent price (bearing in mind that they are somewhat expensive when compared with non-battery lawn mowers). So far I am well-pleased with it. The only criticism is the price of the Li-on batteries, which constitute a large proportion of the overall cost of the lawnmowers, but maybe this is what we pay for the convenience of not being tethered to a household wall socket.

Acctim 74471 Haswell Radio Controlled Wall Clock, Natural oak
Acctim 74471 Haswell Radio Controlled Wall Clock, Natural oak

2.0 out of 5 stars It Would Be a Very Good Clock If It Showed the Correct Time, but Sadly It Does Not, 17 April 2016
It is a good-looking clock, but unfortunately the hour hand constantly reads plus one hour, even after resets, which suggests that it is receiving the time from Frankfurt instead of Cumbria.

I thought it would sort itself out eventually via the radio control mechanism or that I would fathom a means of doing this manually, but after several weeks I have now given up in total exasperation!

Unfortunately my wife sprayed the wood black to match the decor of my study, so we are not able to send it back and are stuck with something that does not properly serve its purpose.

VIVA OFFICE® Hottest High Back Ergonomic Multi-function Luxury Leather Office Chair, Fully Adjustable Executive Office Chair with Top Leather Seat and Back, Adjustable Italy DONATI Armrests and Italy Synchronous Mechanism, and Aluminum Base - VIVA2000
Offered by CofreeTech

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sturdy, Comfortable and Stylish Chair, 5 April 2016
A sturdy, comfortable and ergonomically viable office chair, which proved to be precisely as described.
It is also extremely stylish and was very easy indeed to assemble, the main structure consisting of a pre-assembled unit, with only a requirement for the purchaser to add base and wheels, armrests and the headrest.
I particularly like the fact that the chair is designed in such a way that it enforces the user to sit. in a manner appropriate to avoiding back and shoulder strain and a permanent stoop due to inadequate posture.
An impressive chair, which I would heartily recommend to others.

ESPRIT Bodywear Men's Six Pack 6Pcs Solid Boxer Shorts, Black, Medium
ESPRIT Bodywear Men's Six Pack 6Pcs Solid Boxer Shorts, Black, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain Purchase, 29 Jan. 2016
Great value for the price and as described, with a comfortable fit.

REVERSIBLE FLORAL PLEATED KING BED DUVET COVER QUILT BEDDING SET SCROLL BLACK
REVERSIBLE FLORAL PLEATED KING BED DUVET COVER QUILT BEDDING SET SCROLL BLACK
Offered by A1A Avenue Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Design Which Suits Our Bedroom Well, 25 Jan. 2016
Purchased on behalf of my wife, who is a Textile Designer by profession and is really pleased with the quality of production and the attributes of the design. A really stunning addition to the bedroom décor, which she would heartily recommend.

ChillQuiet Silent Mini Fridge 24ltr Black - Completely Quiet Mini Bar, Ideal for Hotels and B&Bs
Offered by Drinkstuff

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Mini Fridge, Especially For Those Who Require Their Private Domestic Space, 25 Jan. 2016
I purchased this Mini Fridge with my wife in mind. The main reason was that when she feels thirsty during the night, however silently she creeps downstairs, she invariably awakens the younger family members, who will then expect to be fed and watered at three o'clock in the morning!

This Mini Fridge allows my wife and myself our own private space, without having to worry about our dependents.

Our fridge is mainly inhabited by fruit juices, water and milk with which to make cups of tea and coffee first thing in the morning. We have also included yoghurts as an early morning treat and they have survived well so far over a period of several days.

During the summer we will add the odd bottle of wine and cans of beer for supping when the weather is particularly hot during the days and early evenings.

The Mini Fridge serves its purpose well apart from the fact that when it is locked, it would be very easy for someone who is not aware of this (such as our nosy children) to inadvertently force the lock open and cause it to break. This is due to the fact that the door is allowed to open slightly when locked rather than being locked securely against the frame of the fridge.

So far this has not happened to our fridge, but the manufacturer's attention to this detail would most certainly add to its value as a five-star product, as far as my wife and myself are concerned.

Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Standing Leather Origami Case (3rd generation - 2013 release), Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money and Totally Fit For Purpose, 24 Oct. 2015
Having purchased one each of these for both myself and my wife, we are very pleased indeed with the fact that they protect our Kindle Fire HDX 8.9s well and provide flexible options for allowing the Kindles to stand horizontally or vertically on different surfaces (including uneven ones).

At the time of purchase, these were only available in blue and it would have been more helpful, bearing in mind that we required a pair of them, if they could have been available, at that time, in different colours. However it must be added that these constituted an end-of-line purchase (as a new generation of Kindle HDX had recently been introduced) and that they were extremely cost-effective when compared with the cost of those available (in different colours) for the new generation Kindle HDXs,

25th Silver Wedding Anniversary Gift Pair Of Crystal Champagne Flutes
25th Silver Wedding Anniversary Gift Pair Of Crystal Champagne Flutes
Offered by UK GIFT STORE ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Purchase for Celebrating a Landmark Event, 24 Oct. 2015
These were ordered yesterday evening for myself and my wife prior to our 25th Wedding Anniversary (during the next few days) and arrived this morning (thanks to Prime membership), carefully packaged.

We particularly like the delicate silver balls attached to the outside, which assist in reinforcing the status of their being designed for a Silver Wedding Anniversary.

They serve their purpose well and are important keepsakes to remember this important event in our lives.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20