Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now
Profile for J. G. Vd Warenburg > Reviews

Content by J. G. Vd Warenburg

J. G. Vd Warenburg (Netherlands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Gershwin Plays Gershwin
Gershwin Plays Gershwin

4.0 out of 5 stars Always nice to hear the master himself, 30 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Gershwin Plays Gershwin (Audio CD)
Always nice to hear the master himself. You can buy a disk of f.e. Rachmaninov and taste the way his music was meant to be. And here we have George Gershwin. It's always nice to hear the newest records, but you hear them in perspective listening to this record.

Swing, Swing, Swing! His 48 Finest 1934-1945
Swing, Swing, Swing! His 48 Finest 1934-1945

4.0 out of 5 stars The clarinet is not my favourite instrument. But, 30 Mar. 2015
The clarinet is not my favourite instrument. But, when played by a very skillfull musician, it's great. Benny Goodman, well, he's is good! And the music is very nice. Especially the second disk.

The Sirens
The Sirens

4.0 out of 5 stars the great saxophone player, 30 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Sirens (Audio CD)
Chris Potter, the great saxophone player. I know him from Two against nature by Steely Dan. Wonderfull player. I saw him in The BIM house in Amsterdam. Great musician. Cd is very nice.

Honegger: Pastorale D'Ete/ Symphony No. 4/ Une Cantate De Noel (Lpo: LPO-0058)
Honegger: Pastorale D'Ete/ Symphony No. 4/ Une Cantate De Noel (Lpo: LPO-0058)

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice cd. I enjoyed the three pieces a lot, 30 Mar. 2015
I didn't know this composer. And I didn't know his music. Honegger, to me, is the man of the DDR. But this is something completely different from another man. A nice cd. I enjoyed the three pieces a lot. A good buy.

Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue; Piano Concerto in F; Porgy & Bess Suite
Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue; Piano Concerto in F; Porgy & Bess Suite

5.0 out of 5 stars When you love Gershwin, when you love classical music, 30 Mar. 2015
When you love Gershwin, when you love classical music, when you are fond of a brilliant piano player, when you want to be in a good mood. Well just buy this album.

Empire 207715 'Bob Marley Photo Mosaic' R Silver Door Poster Printed 53 x 158 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Mar. 2015
Fast delivery at a good price!

Poulenc: Organ Concerto / Saint-Saens: Symphony No. 3
Poulenc: Organ Concerto / Saint-Saens: Symphony No. 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery. Impressive music. I always wanted a ..., 2 Jan. 2015
Fast delivery. Impressive music. I always wanted a classical recording with impressive organ music and yes this is something that met my expectatiions.l

Ravel: Orchestral Works
Ravel: Orchestral Works

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Ravel: Orchestral Works (Audio CD)
I liked it a lot. Even an evergreen like the Bolero. Very good performance. This piece of music is so often abused (can you use this term for music?) in movies, it is often difficult to listen to it again. Not this time. And the other pieces are beautifull as well. Perhaps the right match; French composer & French orchestra.

Skyfall
Skyfall

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought it as a supplement, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
The movie was almost vintage Bond, the song of Adele is the same. I bought the single because the song didn't make it on the last Best of Bond cd. The song - in my opinion - should be rated in the top 10 of Best Bond songs ever.

See See The Sun
See See The Sun

3.0 out of 5 stars memory lane, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: See See The Sun (Audio CD)
I know these songs from my childhood. I liked the singing, sharp as a knife and the instrumental craftmenship. But nowadays this Dutch group sounds lika a seventies symphonic group in the tradition of Yes. Still allright, but don't expect the magic feeling you might have had hearing it in the seventies.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4